"New" Advanced Series....

Stacy

Cathlete
Hi Cathe I was reading the post about you planning on going "all out" for your next series. This is something that many of us who love the intensity of your workouts but have knee problems that prevent us from doing squats and lunges would surely love....

....an advanced series or even just one lengthy, but advanced leg workout that is easy on the knees!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to do squats and lunges, but just can't doctor's orders and it's always a struggle to find something effective or just plain time consuming to string together floor work or ankle weight work from various workouts.

PLEASE OH PLEASE CONSIDER THIS!!!!

Many thanks!!

Stacy

RE:

I second (and third) this--a thousand times over. I didn't order the new High Step workouts because they sounded like more of the "too stressful on the knees" variety. I loved doing the high impact, high intensity step workouts and lunges and squats, but my knees gave up the ghost on that. And step ups on the High Step are particularly hard on my knees. As much as I'd love to keeping playing, I can't.

There is such a great need (and I feel the need will only increase) for intense workouts--aerobics and weights--that are easy on the knees. Please, please, please consider us--I've been a customer for years and have almost every workout you've ever put out--and help fill that gaping hole. There are legions of people that don't want to just give up because of knee problems, please help!

RE:

Excuse me for having an opinion that differs from yours. I don't know why a request for a different style workout should offend or threaten you. Cathe will do whatever she wants, but that doesn't make my thoughts or wishes any less valid than yours. Lighten up.

RE:

I really like this idea. My knees are doing fine so far, but why not include a workout like this in the next series as a change of pace? A lot of people were disappointed to hear that Cathe would be filming some beginner/intermediate workouts, but I'm now hearing a lot of buzz from advanced exercisers who are truly enjoying these DVDs simply because they're different and they've added some variety to their workout libraries. (Of course, now I covet them greatly, but I digress. ;-) )

I don't know how it's even possible to create an advanced workout that's low-impact, but that's why I'm a biology teacher and not a fitness expert. I'd love to see how this is done! Cathe's shown us nothing if not her ability to mix it up and create fresh workouts. :D :D
-Kate

RE:

Of course, it's possible and if anyone can make the ultimate low impact, high intensity workout, it's Cathe. I've been asking for that type of workout with every new series because my feet give me such grief. So, when the time comes to give our input for new workouts, vote early and often ;) for a low impact, high intensity workout. I feel confident Cathe will eventually accomdate us. She's proven she's not married to advanced workouts with her beginner/intermediate workouts. I am hoping for an advanced low impact, high intenisty workout along the lines of the low impact in KPC. I still workout with her advanced workouts but I have to crosstrain more often and lay off the impact at times. My fingers are crossed!
Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

- Mary Oliver

RE:

Hi Stacy! If your unable to do squats, lunges, etc. may I suggest you try to do "Wall Squats" as well as "One Legged Squats" up against a wall. You do not use any weight just your own body weight & its VERY effective! Just a suggestion. HTH, Kathy:D

RE:

Perhaps it would be helpful if one of the gang did low impact or knee friendly versions? Just a thought :)

~kandy~[/img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0304/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif[/img]

RE:

Great idea Kandy! :)

I have "knee issues" as well. I modify a lot but sometimes get carried away and do things that my knees pay for later. If one person modified for "knee friendliness" it would be a good reminder as well as a model on how to modify.

RE:

I'm sure Cathe could come up with a high intensity low impact workout (remember the hammer punch knee pull thing at the end of the high intensity section of KPC?). Another option is to do what Christi Taylor does in her cardio workouts, and Cathe has done recently in some of her weight workouts--have modifiers that show simpler moves and/or lower impact.

RE:

Hi, Lisa! The only problem with modifying to low impact or simpler moves is that the intensity drops. I long for low impact just as you described above. Grounded feet but pounding heart and sweat flying in, say, an hour long format. No such workout exists as far as I know and that's a pity. I can still run albeit much less frequently than I used to and, happily, power moves on the step are fine too. I think the step must absorb some of the impact. But it would be terrific to have a killer intensity workout with little or no impact to use for the times when the knees or the feet just can't handle the high impact stuff. I'd put money on Cathe being the instructor who could pull that off and I will jump for joy the day she does! LOL!

Bobbi http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif "Chick's rule!"

Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life?

- Mary Oliver

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.