Need weights for a small space..ideas?

dmd

Cathlete
My college age daughter is in the last week of Chalene's Push phase and loves Cathe's Pyramid workout. She lives in a small apartment and needs weights ranging 5-25 lbs. I know that Select Tech by Bowflex are small and expensive. Does anyone have experience with these and are they worth it? Any other ideas?

Thanks~Deb

I LOVE my Bowflex SelecTech dumbells. I got the ones that go up to 52 lbs. They are a little bulkier than regular dumbells which means I modify some moves, but not to the extent that it changes the exercise at all, if that makes sense. The only thing is that you don't have multiple dumbells right in front of you for when you do dropsets - but Cathe gives you 10 seconds on those, I think and I just plop them on the base and dial back to the lower weight. I suggest you get them. They do have them at lighter weight range, but she may outgrow them. I suggest the 52 lb ones. Bowflex often offers freebies when you order - I got a free bench with mine (although I never use the bench because my workout room is small and I prefer to use the step with the risers as my bench. Some day, when I sell my condo and buy a bigger house I will have a whole basement for working out and will use the bench. THey sometimes also offer the weight rack to go with it, which I don't have so I have to squat down to pick up the weights off the base on the floor.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.