Need help please - where and how to sell my old videos?

shopgirl

Cathlete
Hi -

I want to unload all my old Firms, Kathy Smith, and Karen Voight workout tapes (so I can afford to buy the Hardcore series you've all been raving about! :7 ). I've never sold anything online before, can anybody recommend where to go to do it (ebay?)? And, is it hard to do?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.
Shopgirl

There is a Swap at the Firm Ya Ya's. I know that there are swaps on other boards so maybe someone else can post those for you. Also, do you have any local stores that would buy them from you?

I sell a lot of tapes at Ebay. They've made things easier over the years. Once you fill in your information the first time (shipping costs, any policies you go by, like accepting personal checks only over a certain number or holding them for X business days for clearing), it saves it for you. Also, once you list an item, you have the option of listing a similar item, and it will take you back to the general info so you can change what you need to.

Don't set too high a beginning price, because you pay listing fees based on it. I personally see no value in setting a "lowest acceptable price" (there is a special term for that), because even if the beginning price is lower, you will pay a listing fee based on the higher price. I charge $4 for shipping (Priority Mail only) for either 1 or 2 videos (whatever will fit in that priority mail box) or for 1-3 DVD's. Some people might perfer to pay for media mail, but I know Priority mail is faster and cheaper, and I set my selling price low to begin with to compensate for the higher shipping charge.

I always choose a 7-day auction, which gives more people time to find it. Sometimes, I don't see much action until around day 5, because people wait to see what is happening.

For some reason I do not understand, I've been able to sell Cathe DVD's I don't want for almost as much as SNM sells them for (even though I set the beginning asking price quite a bit lower than that!). I don't understand why anyone wants to pay almost as much for a used item as for a new item. But I'll take the money!

People have not done their homework on what it is they are purchasing.I always check around and then go to Ebay. I know how far I will go at that point but it is a very nice place to sell. Whatcha got? I'm interested? If you swap out here it's quicker and you won't have to wait 7 days for the end of auction or pay the fees. Just a thought.

to that person who sells on ebay?... did you send me anything on what you had? what is your name on ebay?

just in case my private did not make it to you, what is your name on Ebay? Kathryn?

Peace
~~tytbody~~
Working towards Perpetual Motion

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.