Need advice

evangelist42

Dear cathe, Ive lost approximately 100 lbs since I started working out almost 2 years ago, but my skin around my midriff is still loose, also My breasts are just wrinkly and almost non existant! I know Im not the first 48 year old woman to experience this, I dont really relish the thought of surgery and I absolutely dont want to take a chance with breast implants. If i continue working out will this situation get better or worsen? My pectoral mussles are pretty pronounced and I can move them at will, so please tell me if you experienced the same thing after so many years of working out and what did you do? I sent this message to you quite some time back,I hope you can reply!

I had the same problem

I had the same problem. I lost 85 pounds and found out that I wasn't genetically blessed with a lot of elasticity in my skin. Because of weight gain and pregnancy, I had loose skin in places. My breasts were saggy and after breast feeding my second, and last, child, they went away. I was told by a doctor that I needed a tummy tuck. I didn't do anything about it for years, but it continued to bother me. I went to another doctor and was told the same thing. I ended up getting a tummy tuck, breast lift, and breast augmentation. The tummy tuck, lift, and augmentation were so worth it. Not a day goes by that I am not thankful and glad I did it. It changed my life for the better. It changed what clothes I can wear, and how I wear clothes. It changed how I look. I had it done in two different procedures-which is what the doctor recommended. If you get them both done at once, you'll have a lot of trouble getting out of a chair. When you get your tummy done, you'll use your arms and chest muscles to get up and when you get the lift done, you'll use your tummy muscles. With me, no amount of exercise would give my skin elasticity. That was more of a genetic thing. I would recommend talking to doctors to see what they say. Time might be a factor too. If it hasn't been that long since you lost the weight, will the skin go away with time? It didn't on me. Years went by and the doctors told me it wouldn't go away on its own and they were right. I wish I had done it years ago instead of waiting as long as I did. If you don't want implants, just get a lift and a tummy tuck. I can tell you though, that I love my implants-I have saline. I tend to be pear shaped so the implants help me look cury, which is much better. The first day back at the gym a woman told me that I looked great and also much more symmetrical now. (her husband happened to be my anesthesiologist and when I said: "I know your wife" he asked if he could say hi to Betty for me and I said yes)
I had and still do, a lot of muscles. My pec muscles are very strong, my doctor told me that they made it a lot hard for him to do the implants. The chest muscles actually made my breast look worse. I can move mine at will too, but when I did, my breasts wouldn't move at all. Now, when I flex, my breasts do move. So, having a lot of muscle tone, didn't help my skin.
Anyway, my saggy and loose skin would never have gone away on its own. Getting the tummy tuck, breast lift and augmentation was worth the price, the discomfort, all of that. I can't tell you all the wonderful things it did for me. Getting those procedures done was one of the best things I ever did for how I look and feel about myself. I had this done when I was about 40-I'm 47 now. I've never once regreted having them done.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.