My Rotation - Opinions Please?

Luv2WorkHard

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

Although I have been working out for quite some time, this is the first time I am actually trying to apply a "science" to my actual goals, by working out on a set rotation. (KINDA SCARY!!)

MY GOAL: I am trying to build a little more muscle mass in my upper body, tone my lower body/abs (not build - just tone), and be on a fat burning/maintenance plan (I don't really need to burn much fat, but I would like to maintain what I have already burned). With these goals in mind, what do you think of this rotation?

MONDAY: KPC
TUESDAY: Cardio Kicks (morning), Muscle Endurance (evening)
WEDNESDAY: Rest
THURSDAY: KPC (morning), Muscle Endurance (evening)
FRIDAY: Kick Max
SATURDAY: Bootcamp
SUNDAY: KPC

(As you can see, for cardio, I like doing Kickboxing (and really not much else). As much as I wish I loved step, I just don't. And I hate dancy/traditional floor aerobics. I used to run, but the weather and my work hours have made it all but impossible lately. Therefore, kickboxing is the only type of cardio I have really been able to stick to for a long period of time and actually enjoy. It has done the job of burning/maintaining my body fat goals, so I don't think my body is immune to it.)

Any help and advice you can provide would be great! Anything I should add? Take away? Thanks. :)

Hi There!

I think your goals are great, but I would change a few things. I would take our KM, put it in on Sunday (instead of kpc) and on friday do a strech workout and walk. I feel like you might burn out on this rotation fast, it is alot of the same videos, and almost everyday, can cause injury as well. this is what I would do,

mon- KPC
Tues- KM sculpting segment, ME
Wed- stretch
Thurs- KPC and ME
Fri- strech and walk for 30 min, add on 200 walking lunges
Sat- Bootcamp
Sun- KM

just some ideas!!! take care and good luck :)

What other workouts do you have? Your rotation looks cardio-heavy, which may impede your goal of building muscle in your upper body.

I agree w/ Shelley. I would think throwing in S&H, gymstyles, PUB would be up your alley for mass building...but also keep a sprinkling of the others for variety and to keep your body guessing. Variety for the cardio as well. Some HIIT days would be good.

Live with sincerity, love with passion, and dance like you mean it.

Debbie

If you don't have other workouts, you could still accomplish a split by dividing ME into upper/lower segments. Do them on separate days, and go really heavy on the weights. If you are looking to build UB, you will probably want to do that segment twice a week.

Good luck!
Marie

Thanks for your advice everyone, I really appreciate it!

Other workouts I have:

Cathe Timesaver
Cathe Imax2
Cathe C&W
Cathe CM
Christi Taylor Happy Hour Hi/Low
Christi Taylor Stepping Zone
Christi Taylor Strength, Balance, & Flexibility
Gilad 45/45 Split Routine (don't laugh - I love Gilad!) :p
Mindy M. Interval Express
Tae Bo Advanced series
The Firm Supercardio

As you can see, my library is mostly cardio with a tiny bit of strength. That's pretty much my M.O. I agree that I need to back down on the heavy cardio and pick up the weights a bit - I guess I just needed some reinforcement on this issue. It all goes back to this crazy phobia I have about getting fat (I have never been overweight but for some reason, I am terrified that it will happen to me). What can I say? I guess I am weird. :eek:

It's time to invest in PUB, S&H, and Gymstyles - it's the ending of an era...

Thanks again for your help!

Oh, wonderful!!! And don't worry about backing down on the cardio. I, too, was scared. But this past month I did just that and it was fine!

Bravo! Great purchase. You will see great results just from that change alone :) Happy lifting!

Live with sincerity, love with passion, and dance like you mean it.

Debbie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.