Muscle Soreness - Prompt recovery - Ginger

Hi Everyone,

It has been a while since I posted my last thread. I would like to experiment some anti-inflammatory
superfoods. Ginger in any fresh state is what I would like to add to my nutrition, on regular basis:);)
What is the best way of consuming ginger? Juice is one of the way but what are other?

I ate some ginger donut:p:), an african speciality. Because it is deeply fried, It has been a
no no for a very very long time:) Any suggestion on how to make a healthy version

I am calling on all of you knowledgeable nutrition enthusiasts and Educated folks.

Looking forward to reading some insightful posts cathletes;):).

To kick off the discussion here is some science:

http://cathe.com/ginger-for-weight-loss-is-it-as-effective-as-some-weight-loss-medications

Kind regards,

Last edited:
Agree with above, I love tea! But you can also throw fresh ginger in a healthy stir fry, I love that as well! Smoothies and blended protein shakes are great to add ginger to. Turmeric is also good for inflammation. I use cleanse for life drink from Isagenix sometimes after hard workouts, it has turmeric, antioxidants and herbs that help fight free radicals. :)

Last edited:
Funny you would bring ginger up Nckfitheart2009. I've recently started mxing apple cider vinegar, a bit of honey, water, ginger, and a pinch of cayenne for my morning protocol. Each of those things has great benefits, so I don't think I can go wrong!!
''

I just saw that Braggs now offers an apple cider drink with ginger too, like a single serving in a bottle!!!!

Ditto! Ginger is also considered a "healthy brain" food too. This cookbook by Rebecca Katz is terrific. She uses LOTS of ginger. I've made many recipes in the book so far, but still have more I want to try. Everything I've made thus far has been delicious, and the recipes themselves are rather easy to prepare.

I'll have to check that cookbook out too, thanks for sharing!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.