monitors

morris

Cathlete
anyone have a monitor with 2 recievers? i think i will want one for ds and for the new baby - they will be in separate rooms for a bit. right now my hand-me-down monitor has jsut one. thanks!

Morris,

Yes we do. Jennifer was 20 months when Taylor was born.
I will look at the brand after work. You will need since your
little guy still needs to be montiored. My girls have rooms
upstairs opposite ends so especially if you are downstairs
while the babies are sleeping.

oh thank you! please let me know when you get a chance. also, what double stroller did you like?

Hi Morris,
We received the First Years monitor as a gift when we had our first child. It came with two monitors, so we could have one upstairs and one downstairs. They could also have batteries in them and then they were portable. They weren't fancy, but they worked. I plan to use them again with the new baby.
-Jen
p.s. Some of my friends have the sit-and-stand type of stroller. They got it at Target at a good price. It works well for them.

Morris,

We love our double stroller. We did some homework while I was
only a few months along w/Taylor. Jen mentioned the sit and stand
which might be great for some ,but our Jennifer hated it and
we could see her being a problem when tired. We have one that
is front to back. Keep in mind the side to side doubles are
not as practical since you will need to get in and out of doors,
tight places and tougher on sidewalks. Ours is a Graco. The
name of the stroller is, " Family Tree." We love it. It was
on sale at Target for $100.00. It's light and folds up easy.
Also Morris you can fit the carrier in even if not graco I believe.
Hope this helps.

We just got the new and improved sit and stand from Target. The front holds the car seat and the back seat can be a regular seat that faces forward with a canopy or it can be taken out and be the sit/stand part. I know that we all went to target with the old car seat and our daughter and tested it out to see if it would work and to see if our daughter could see around the car seat in front. We had no problems. We couldn't get the original sit and stand because our girls will be too close together in age for the older one to use the stand feature.

I do know that our Baby Trend Infant Car seat would not fit in a Graco double stroller.

Also, when I finally bought the stroller we paid full price for it and then it went on sale 3 weeks later. I went back to Target with the receipt and he couldn't just give me the difference so he "returned" the stroller and then I "bought" it again...so basically I got my $30 back. I guess you can only get the difference if the item goes on sale within 2 weeks but the person used a loophole to get around that.

I have found that no double stroller is really small and easy to maneuver. Getting one that is a double wide does not allow you to get through many doorways.

Sorry for the long post. Hope this helps.

Nina, we have a double jogger by in step as well as the sit and stroll tandem. I love the sit and stroll for trips to the mall, it is easy to maneuver but the back is not that comfortable. It worked great for me since Alexis was almost 3 when Ashley came, but you probably need a regular double. The graco duoglider was recommended to me . If Finn naps at all in the stroller don't get the sit and stroll since it is almost impossible for the older child to sleep in it. That said, I love mine but Ashley is in the front of it, not the back.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.