Monday Check In

melanalyus

Cathlete
Howdie you beautiful women!

No workout for me this AM. I think I should bypass the attempt on Mon AMs, b/c it just isn't happening! I find that it's much harder to get up super early when it's still dark out. Since my schedule is much less hectic now-a-days---maybe I should just focus on my days off & whenever I can. ;)

Yesterday Justin wouldn't let me nap. :mad: So I pushed thru and got the rest of my laundry done & did Hardcore Extreme Section 2--just first half (45 minutes)---it was already 745 by the time I finished and showered and everything. It felt great!

Back to clean eating. Salad for lunch w/shrimp. Mixed nuts for a snack 1, Banana for snack 2. Coffee in between. :)

Well, I"m off to work. Ya'll have an excellent day. :D

Good Morning!

Melanie I hate getting up in the dark to workout. Today I really wanted to go back to sleep after my alarm went off but then dh's alarm went off and I was up. I just finished ph:) I'm glad I did it but I am still tired:(

We went out of town this weekend, just a short trip up the coast. My feet were so swollen when we got home. I really enjoyed the cooler weather. Now we are back home to the low 90's again.

Today I am going to order my maternity pics and go and register at the hospital while the boys are in school. I feel like I am running out of time with all the stuff I want to get done b/f baby gets here. I can't believe next week is Oct.!!

Candra

Melanie, It always feels so good to get back to clean-eating, doesn't it? Maybe just plan for Mondays to be your rest day?? My weds. are always so busy I HAVE to make that my rest day.

Candra, Are you doing leg work still? I love PH! Lunges are out for me tho - It KILLS my ligaments. Infact I need to go to the chiro today - I'm hurtin'!:eek: Have fun while the boys are at school. I get so much done while my girls are both there. Our due date is right around the corner!!!!:D:D:D

Busy AM doing office stuff while DDs were schooled this AM. Lots of errands planned for the afternoon. Hope everyone is having a good day!

Hi ladies! Happy first day of fall!!! :)
Melanie--I completely understand about not being able to work out that early! I can work out when it's dark outside -- at night -- but not in the morning. I think it should be illegal to get up before the sun does. :) Your clean eating sounds great! I am excited about getting back into a very disciplined way of eating -- and boy do I miss coffee!!! (and wine)

Candra--Your day sounds busy! Have fun with your errands. Your trip sounded nice this weekend! I completely empathize on the cankles. I've got them pretty much all the time now.

Kate--Enjoy your busy day!!
--------
Well, it's SO hard to believe that next week my little one will be here! I'm really excited, but I was quite a nester this weekend. My husband looked at me yesterday and said, "You know you're killing me." I thought that was funny because I asked him to do projects I couldn't reach or do myself, like hang curtains in the bonus room, hang a quilt, help me rehang curtains that I washed and ironed, hang pictures, bolt bookshelves to the wall (something I've been asking him to do for MONTHS, btw)... Does that sound hard? I dusted, vacuumed, did laundry, ironed, etc. Today I need to clean upstairs, spot clean the carpets, fold clothes, clean a bathroom and work on the church newsletter. I'm ALMOST ready for my little one!! Just hope he waits to come until after Saturday; it's soccer picture day, and I don't want the boys to miss it. Sorry to ramble on. I feel like my mind is racing trying to get everything done!
Hope you all are having a great day!!

Stephanie - hang tight in the last week or so. I already want to get a nursery ready but I've got a long ways to go. I'll have to do it slowly since it's expensive to buy everything.
I've already been cleaning and organizing stuff into new places so the room for the nursery is empty for me though. Have fun nesting! :)

Melanie - I need to get back on track for eating too. with dh gone I've been grabbing stuff out lately. ack! I don't know if I could workout so early either with it dark although I often workout late at night when its dark or getting there.

Kate- does your insurance cover your chiro? how did you go about getting into that?

Candra - I hope your maternity pics are awesome! :) the trip sounds nice. I hope it starts to cool down a bit soon here.. but being in TX it can still be shorts weather in Nov!

------------
Still feeling ok today. I'm actually counting the days I feel good lol. I did turbo jams turbo sculpt last night. I don't think I've ever done it before I usually just do the cardios.. well... compared to Cathe it was just plain easy. And I used heavier weights than they did. 8 lbs for most. I could've gone heavier with some moves but they do move kinda quick for others. Oh well. Atleast I'm not out of shape totally for taking so much time off lately. I'm ready for a real workout tonight as long as I feel ok. ;)

Hi everybody,
I am only 6 weeks along and I am sooooo tired, I can hardly function! I'm reading all these posts trying to get motivated, but today I can hardly keep my eyes open. I squeezed in 2 runs and a weight workout last week, so maybe this one will get better!
Kate, when is your due date? This is your third as well? Do you know what you're having?
I have also seriously sabotaged my diet...I bought (and ate) chips last week...chips! I have been eating clean for a long time, and it seems it's all down the drain:confused:I feel like I have a chronic hangover!!!
shell

Shell -I just hit 9 weeks and at 6 weeks I was super exhausted. I feel like the tiredness is gone now but I was having headaches last week, a bout of nausea but thats gone now and then a cold. I feel fine the last few days. feeling back to myself again. Hope the tiredness passes soon for you

Jess

Hello! Well, I gained 3 1/2 pounds since last week:eek:!!! Oh, my!!! I had my dr. appt today, and I am 3cm dilated. So, I will probably not make it till oct. 7th! I wasn't going to get checked b/c I am having a c/s and they said it would be up to me to get my cervix checked. I didn't get it checked last week, so this week I wanted an update. Sure enough...

My cell phone is ringing-be back later!
-Jen

Stephanie, I can't wait to hear your blue bundle arrived safely! Nesting overdrive for you! Tell DH to suck it up! :) You're just as busy AND pregnant!!!

Calvillo, My insurnace covers so little of my chiro, its sad. It's mostly out of pocket. I got started going to one because I hired in to work as a receptionist. Now I totally love it and the whoel fam sees one regularly. Glad you're feeling okay - hang in there! Good job with the WOs!! I'm hoping to kick butt tonight!!

Shell, Welcome! My 3rd girl is due Oct. 18 - we can't wiat!!!! The tiredness you feel is totally normal! Not a pleasnt part though, is it?! and your body must be craving carbs - I was appalled at what I ate inthe 1st trim. and I'm usually a very clean eater. However, I'm nealry 36.5 wks pg and I've gained 24 pounds. Not too bad I suppose!

JenP, OH MY GOODNESS!!! hOw Exciting!! I bet all of your students love your belly! At preschool allof the kids go crazy rubbing my belly.

-------------
Insanely busy today. Lots of errands and office work while DDs were at school. Also had to take Suzy (kitty) to the vets - again. LOOOONG story but she's not doing well since we got her fixed - not eating or really even moving.:( I don't even want to think about how much we're $pending to nurse this stray kitty back to health. I'm inclined for DH to take his 38 to her and save us some $$$$. But right now she's overnight at the vet for nearly $200 and I've already spent over $100. They're calling me tomorrow to decide what to do next. DDs love her to pieces.... HELP!!!!!!

26 days til my due date!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WO will be an UB circuit after DDs go to bed...I think. My belly feels tight and sore. I don't really feel like working out but I feel like I have to witht he way I've been eating..... I'm sure I'll be into it after i get started.

bbl.................

O.K., I am back...
Kate-sorry to hear about your kitty. I know what you mean about them costing lots of $. Last spring, ours got in a few fights and then he got infections. So, we had to take him to the vet a few times:mad:. OMG...I can't imagine doing your workouts!!! I'll get back to them soon, though.

Stephanie-I was the same way as you this past weekend. I spent 2 hours weeding yesterday:(. My FIL was here and he kept yelling at me to sit on my butt, but I just couldn't. Your baby is just around the corner!!!

I am cutting this short. My DH is waiting for me to watch the Heroes special and show at 9. We love that show! Everything is in place in case I do go into labor, but I'd like a few more days to prepare myself/stuff around the house. And, it's getting HARD to teach all day:confused:. The midwife I saw today said that if I do go into labor, and things are progressing quickly, I may want to do a VBAC. I am so confused:(!!!

I'll keep y'all posted!
Hi Calvillo, Hi Candra, Hi Trish, Hi Jen M., Hi Melanie, Welcome Shell, Hi Susan

-Jen

Jen, I hate detest despise loathe weeding and will def. use this pg as an excuse not to do it!:p I know my midwives are highly in favor of VBACs if the conditions are right. Good luck with your decision!! Hope you and DH have a nice evening together - enjoy them while you can!;) Don't you wish you could bank up the time???

I just did 23 min of BM2 cardio then the UB weights. Felt good! I miss the cross-country move. It feels too high impact/too much core work. I just do repeaters:(. Soon, soon! C'mon October!!!

Hi ladies! The boys and DH are playing "Monster Game," i.e. wrestling, screaming and yelling and belly laughing (think "Where the Wild Things Are"). Boys are SO odd. Inevitably, it is announced that it is "bedtime," and Henry breaks out in tears. Every night. EVERY night. :confused: Oh well. DH is in charge of bedtime/tuck-ins, etc. so it's his problem. ;)

Jen-- WOW on the dilating!! You little one may beat my little one here! How exciting! When I was at the doc last week, and I was concerned about being 2 cm dilated, the doc also said that a VBAC wasn't that big of a deal. Apparently only "less than 1 percent" of VBAC patients have problems. But she wasn't my regular doc. My regular OB doesn't like VBACs because she had a bad experience with one once. :confused: Sometimes, I think she tells me a bit too much. Hello: I'm a worrywart.

Kate--Sorry about the kitty. I hope she's better soon. This is the last thing you need to worry about right now.

Shell--I completely empathize on the tiredness. I ate SO many carbs and sugary foods that first trimester just to try to muster up some energy. I felt much more tired with this pregnancy than with the first two.

Calvillo--Glad you're feeling OK. You'll be feeling "good" in no time!

----
OK, Henry is in full-blown temper tantrum mode, so I must settle him down and help tuck him in. Hope you all have a great evening!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.