Missing my Cathe Workouts

On March 19, 2010 I broke the Fibula bone in my leg (Spiral Fracture) along with major ligament damage in my foot. The good news is, I was in really good shape but the bad news is, I can't workout for at least 8 weeks. Not being able to do my "Cathe" step workouts is really hard for me, I miss those workouts terribly. My Dr. said I may not be able to a step workout for maybe up to a year, or until the ligaments heal.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience they can share with me. I am so depressed at the thought of putting my step gear away. I just love my Cathe DVD's!

Hi Deniser! I'm sorry to hear about your injury. I know it is frustrating when you have a setback due to an injury. While I think that you will probably be better before a full years time, I do believe you will need to take the full prescribed 8 weeks off for recovery. But good news is that you can still do upper body workouts which will keep your body fat levels down. You will also get some form of therapy exercises that will help keep your legs in some condition so that your return isn't like starting from scratch. Also, if you eat a really clean diet, low fat, balanced diet, you will maintain or even lose some weight which will mentally and physically make you feel better. I usually learn my greatest lessons during a setback because they force me to get out of my comfort zone and learn new ways to design my workouts to keep fit.

Good luck and follow all your doc's orders :)

On March 19, 2010 I broke the Fibula bone in my leg (Spiral Fracture) along with major ligament damage in my foot. The good news is, I was in really good shape but the bad news is, I can't workout for at least 8 weeks. Not being able to do my "Cathe" step workouts is really hard for me, I miss those workouts terribly. My Dr. said I may not be able to a step workout for maybe up to a year, or until the ligaments heal.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience they can share with me. I am so depressed at the thought of putting my step gear away. I just love my Cathe DVD's!

Thanks Cathe

Thanks Cathe for the reply, it made my day. This last 7 weeks have been hard but also a blessing in many ways. I currently work with two people who were diagnosed with terminal cancer so my broken leg is just a minor inconvenience. I have been using a walker from the start because it made me feel a little safer and more stable. I have always had heavy arms but since using the walker my arms have really firmed up and have definition. I weighed this morning for the first time since my accident and was excited to see a 14 pound loss. It was just what I needed! I am about 26 pounds from my goal and once I am back on the Elliptical I will be on my way.

I know you hear this from many people but you have changed my life. You inspire me to try harder and push myself past my comfort zone. I also love that Cedie is right behind you keeping a smile on her face. Wish I lived close so I could attend your classes, that would be a dream come true.

I will keep you posted on my recovery but until then it's steel cut oatmeal, fresh veggies, protein and lots of water.

Happy Mother's Day,

Denisel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.