missing Cedie

mini-natty

Cathlete
Don't get me wrong, I love all of Cathe and her crew (what's not to love? Toned bodies, impeccable form, positive energy. Very inspiring). But I still miss Cedie! :( She seems so sweet and down to earth. I am not sure her age, but I really admire her strength and endurance. When I think I can't go anymore and want to give up, or feel like I can't fit in that last rep, I look at her in amazement. She is a pro! :)

I think that your opinion is shared by many here. I love all the crew members that I've sweated with these last 2 years. I'm sure we'll be seeing more of Cedie in the future!

Wow Jane Royse, I see you have a huge collection of Cathe! Is that her entire collection?! That is amazing. I am curious to know which series has been your favorite so far? Or which video you hold dear to your heart? Which one has given you the results you were looking for? I have some of Cathe's old stuff (KPC, MIC, basic step/body fusion) and loved them in addition to her new stuff. I like variety and I don't care what year the video was released or how dated the clothing or music is. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :D

I have to admit, I do tend to get carried away with the DVD purchases! LOL I'm the kind who likes to grab whatever "moves" me when I go to work out, & I go through stages. For awhile, I loved only circuit workouts, then I came to love weight lifting. The only rotation I was ever able to stick with was STS. That gave me the best muscle tone, hands down, but I've had to shy away from weights since then because I developed tennis elbow. :confused:
I absolutely adore Rhythmic Step - I reach for that one over & over again. I like dancey choreography, though. I also love Step Moves for the same reason, when I need to go a little easier. I also love Imax 2 & Low Max. So far, I've loved every one of the new ones, & I'm hoping to slim down my thighs with it.

I LOVE Cedie! I always miss her when she's not in a workout.

My first attempt at a Cathe workout was Power Max. I looked at Cedie and thought "who is this chick, and how can she possibly be so happy?" Well, I soon learned that her enthusiasm was for real and I came to rely on it. Cathe and her entire crew are awesome ladies, but because my body type is most like Cedie's, I identify with her the most.

I miss her too. She is one tough lady.....you know it hurts but she just keeps working hard and has a smile on her face.

I miss her too. She is one tough lady.....you know it hurts but she just keeps working hard and has a smile on her face.

Plus she can count at the same time! Not easy!

I miss her too - love the whole crew, but it's not the same without Cedie.

I've been loving LIS, and last night my 13yo daughter joined me for Turbo Barre. It was her first LIS workout, and the first thing she said was, "Where's Cedie?! She's my favorite!!" I thought it was so cute, because she actually doesn't work out with me very often (she's busy with gymnastics) but she sure has been paying attention! :)

I miss her too, I think I can relate to her the most. I love all of Cathe's crew but I think we each have crew members that we can relate with the most.

Hope to see her in more workouts :)

where's cedie

I also love lis, but like the others the first thing I noticed is where was Cedie, she has always been there from the start and I also miss her. Everyone is right, her smiling face was always very inspiring. I do not often post but I wanted to put in my thoughts on this.

During this new series when Cathe asks "what number are we on?" or something similiar, I think Cedie would know. Although, I have seen Jai counting.

Does anyone know their stories on how Cathe met cedie,Lorraine & jai? I know Amanda won a contest but I I would luv to hear their story of becoming Cathes crew members. Oh!!!! and Brenda too!!!!! She been there the longest.

Sent from my iPod touch using CatheForum

Does anyone know their stories on how Cathe met cedie,Lorraine & jai? I know Amanda won a contest but I I would luv to hear their story of becoming Cathes crew members. Oh!!!! and Brenda too!!!!! She been there the longest.

Sent from my iPod touch using CatheForum

Cedie has been with Cathe the Longest. I have the Step N Motion 2 and Cedie is in it. The only times she has not been in a series is in 1999 when CTX, Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks were filmed. She was pregnant at that time and during the Low Impact Series she had scheduling conflicts. Other than that and some of the STS workouts, Cedie has been there.

Jai brought Lorraine to Cathe's workouts. I don't know how Jai got involved but it was around 2003 or so that she began as a cast member.

Brenda joined Cathe's Cast during Cross Train Express in 1999. She was a Firm user and had no idea that Cathe lived in Glassboro NJ just like her. She ended up working out with Cathe and became a permanent cast member. Of all the cast members, Brenda represents the "real" life exerciser.

In Order of Current Long Standing Cast Appearance:
Cedie
Brenda
Jai
Lorraine
Amanda

Deazie came into replace Jai during STS Cardio and was also in STS.

Denise was hired for STS.

Nancy has only been in the videos when the "contest" was held.

Last edited:
I love watching Cedie! She is so...normal! While she is definitely fit, she looks more like an "average" woman and it's great to see how someone with an average build can look when they work really hard. She is so strong, and inspiring.

Not everyone is blessed with the genetics needed to have Amanda's abs or Cathe's lower body!

Cedie has been with Cathe the Longest. I have the Step N Motion 2 and Cedie is in it. The only times she has not been in a series is in 1999 when CTX, Circuit Max and Cardio Kicks were filmed. She was pregnant at that time and during the Low Impact Series she had scheduling conflicts. Other than that and some of the STS workouts, Cedie has been there.

Jai brought Lorraine to Cathe's workouts. I don't know how Jai got involved but it was around 2003 or so that she began as a cast member.

Brenda joined Cathe's Cast during Cross Train Express in 1999. She was a Firm user and had no idea that Cathe lived in Glassboro NJ just like her. She ended up working out with Cathe and became a permanent cast member. Of all the cast members, Brenda represents the "real" life exerciser.

In Order of Current Long Standing Cast Appearance:
Cedie
Brenda
Jai
Lorraine
Amanda

Deazie came into replace Jai during STS Cardio and was also in STS.

Denise was hired for STS.

Nancy has only been in the videos when the "contest" was held.

Wow, Amy - you sure do know your stuff!!! Thanks for the inside scoop on Brenda - that is so cool!

Jai joined in 2002, appearing in Slow and Heavy and Power Hour. I *think* Jai was a member of Cathe’s gym/classes and was ‘discovered’ that way. If memory serves, Jai has appeared in every series since then except for the beg/int workouts Low Impact Step and Total Body Stretch (which starred Cathe, Brenda, Lorraine, and Cedie), and Shock Cardio. Lorraine joined with the Intensity Series and has been in everything since except for the no name series (High Reps, STS Total Body, Intensity, Lower Body Blast). I was so glad to see her back in Low Impact Series. Love her latest hairdo!!

Would love it if Rhonda made a comeback, but I am very happy with Cathe’s current group of backgrounders. I sure hope Cedie is in Crossfire and To the Max (haven’t been keeping up to date so not sure if this has been decided or not).

I also identify most with Cedie, but I have to say that Lorraine is the most inspiring for me. She's so athletic!! Not that the others aren't (b/c they most def are!!!) but Lorraine just attacks those moves with such athletic power and it's awesome to watch.

I just love Cathe and all her crew!! I certainly like and work out with other instructors but Cathe has been my girl since 1998! :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.