Mini Update 1/16/06

Ditto.

You are an example to all of us of how to train when in peak condition and how to train when life gives us set backs.

Best Wishes. Colleen

I can relate, Cathe. I have been dealing with my SI joint for the past month. It is so hard to take it easy. I was the ab queen and now I can't even do a reverse crunch. I guess the worse thing about getting older is confronting the fact you won't always be able to do everything you used to. In my head I can still do it all but my body says otherwise (I am 42.)

Get well!!

Angie

Thanks for the update Cathe. Glad to hear you're feeling a little better. Please, don't hurry.
Take very good care,
Ruth
:)

Hi Cathe!
Thanks for the update. I loved the suggestion to use a yoga mat for a step substitute! I had knee surgery (again) and stepping tends to aggravate my knee, now I've got a good substitute!

I've found that many of my "setbacks" have been opportunities. I fell and broke my elbow about 11 years ago. My doctor didn't send me to physical therapy -- he just gave me a set of exercises to do (biceps curls, delt lifts, wrist curls,etc) and that got me hooked on weight training (added to my running)! Without that elbow injury, I wouldn't have started weight training as soon as I did, or maybe not at all.

I'm hoping that your experience will give you personal insight to those of us that have weaknesses (opportunities) in our capabilities. I know you will keep your injury in mind as you design future workouts, incorporating exercises to prevent injuries, and exercises that are less stressful but still effective.

So I'm HAPPILY waiting for you to recover, knowing that your future workouts will be even better from your experience.

Thanks Cathe!(for great workouts, and being you!!!!!)

Dlaudy:)

You get one chance to heal and it needs to be done properly. I look forward to the day you announce you are ready to film but I am more than happy to wait for your full recovery and excited to see how your recent tribulations affect the upcoming low impact workouts. Heal well and thoroughly. We will happily wait because we know it can only make the upcoming workouts that much better. You are the quintessential advanced workout instructor and I suspect soon to be the ultimate in high and low impact workouts coming back from injury. I have had such a time with my injury prone feet, I sympathize and wish you that complete and thorough healing. Waiting can heighten our sense of excitement and make the workouts that much better, knowing you have gone through so much to be ready for them. You have always taken us to a whole new level and this forty-something, injury prone exerciser is glad to know that you have a deep understanding of what it is like to recover from debilitating injury. Although it is unfortunate you were injured, something tells me it will make you even more remarkable at what you do and I think you are the best! :) As always, you are a role model and I know the workouts will reflect your knowledge. Take all the time you need. I am certain you will give us your best work to date and that is worth waiting for.
Bobbi

Tell me, what it is you plan to do with your one wild and precious life? -Mary Oliver

Get well Cathe! Take care of yourself first so you can take care of us next :p

Thanks for all your hard work - we all truly appreciate what you do for us :)

Dear Cathe,

Take care of your injury, we need you to be injury-free, but more importantly, your family also needs you to me injury free.

Yvonne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.

Back