Messge to Kathy S P90X

piaroo

Hi Kathy

I am wondering if you can help me. I read with interest your message about getting 15 % off + a rebate buying P90X. It is not working for me & I am wondering what I am doing wrong. I do not see the 15 % off from Beachbody in the cart, unless I needed an email from them, which I have not received. Also when trying to use Butterfly.com I see their banner on the beachbody web site, but what do I need to do to get the 20% off.

Thank you

Pia

Hi,

I am not Kathy but I called BeachBody this morning to order P90X and they told me they are not having the 15% off sell right now and that I should keep checking the website for updates. There is a post here reg. P90X which I am sure you have seen and someone there said that she got a e-mail saying they were having another sell on Sunday. I would love to know also if someone else has any additional info...

Jessica

This might seem really stupid, but when you first add the package to your cart it doesn't reflect the discount (it says on there that if you proceed to the next page your credit card will be charged), but make sure you put it in your cart and then hit "checkout". I think it was then that the 15% discount appeared.....hope it helps!

Janice

Hi Pia!

It does look like BB has temporarily suspended the 15% off, at least as of today, unless you're a previous buyer from BB and can use one of the 15%-off-to-previous-buyers links another poster gave you in this thread. But just hang in there because they do seem to create a new discount of some kind every few days. Go to BB and sign up for the free e-mail newsletter, so you're on their mailing list.

As for the rebate, I'm looking into that myself. I did everything right and I think I got both the discount from BB and the 20% rebate, but I never got any kind of confirming e-mail from butterflymall.com about the rebate. So I've e-mailed their customer service about it. I'll let you know what they say, while you're looking for the next BB discount. ;-)

HTH!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

Hi Kathy

Thank you for you help. I did use the link mentioned & I did get the 15 % off, but how does the Butterfly.com rebate works. I guess you are trying to figure that out yourself. I contacted Beach Body last weekend & they did not seem to think it was possible to get both 15% off & 20 % rebate & the sme time, but then of course they are trying to make the most money they possible can.

Thank you all for your kind replies & help.
I have been a Cathe fan for 7+years & I have been reading the forums for a really long time, but never posted much.

Pia

Glad you started a new thread, the other was WAY too long for my dino computer. I just ordered through the above website and I received the 15% rebate, I also went to the butterflymall.com and asked for the rebate for beachbody and it says you can get another 20% off. Is this really correct??? I don't see any email confirmation, but I did email both companies to make sure I receive the rebate through Butterflymall.com also. This sounds too good to be true, so it probably is.

Either way.....it's on it's way. I can almost FEEL those pullups happening }( }( }(

Briee

Update re: the rebates & P90X

Hi fellow guilty parties! :)

A little news. I spoke to BB, first of all, and I found out that they've been so swamped with orders for P90X that it's now backordered. They expect to get more in next week and then think it will take them a "few days" to get all backorders out. THEN they ship by regular snail mail. So.... I think I'm looking at a month. No worries, though -- I'm chock full of Cathe stuff to do and I bet her new DVD's will come out in the meantime. So it's all good! :)

Meanwhile, I discovered some more info on Butterflymall.com's website that explains more about the rebate program. (The link is below.) I also got an e-mail from them, very nice by the way, saying that they were investigating why my BB purchase had not put my 20% rebate into my account. More on that, I suppose, is yet to come. I suspect it may have to do with the fact that the product hasn't shipped yet.

[font COLOR=RED]Please notice, everyone:[/font color] These online rebates are in the form of "account dollars" -- in the case of Butterflymall.com, they're called (of course) "Butterfly dollars." They accumulate in your account as you buy things through the rebater's website, and they can be redeemed for cash or spent online like cash. You're not going to get an instant check in the mail for 20% of your P90X purchase, folks -- this will take a little time. You can read more about that at the link I'm about to post here. Here's an excerpt from how Butterflymall.com works their program:

[FONT COLOR=green]How do I Redeem Butterfly Dollars?

Just follow the following steps:

1. Log into Butterflymall.com.

2. Locate and then go to the merchant where you want to spend your Butterfly Dollars.

3. Confirm the amount of available Butterfly Dollars in your account.

4. Find the product or service that you want to obtain from the merchant.

5. Pay for the full amount of the product or service and complete the transaction.

6. Click the redeem at time of purchase link on the frame at the top of the screen and follow instructions.

7. When we get confirmation of the transaction from the merchant (usually within 1 to 2 days) we will mail you a check that will reimburse you for the amount of Butterfly Dollars spent.

How long do I have to wait before I can spend or redeem my Butterfly Dollars?

Butterfly Dollars will usually become available to redeem for cash within 30-90 days depending on the merchant. Please visit the Purchase History area of the Account section to determine when your Butterfly Dollars will become available.

How do I redeem my Butterfly Dollars for cash?

There are two ways to redeem Butterfly Dollars for cash:

You can redeem your Butterfly Dollars for cash at the time of a future purchase and you will get $1 per Butterfly Dollar or you can redeem your Butterfly Dollars for cash at any time with no purchase required and you will get $1.00 per 1 Butterfly Dollar. See Below for detailed instructions:

A. Redeem for full value at time of future purchase:

1. Log into Butterflymall.com.

2. Locate and then go to the merchant where you want to spend your Butterfly Dollars.

3. Confirm the amount of available Butterfly Dollars in your account.

4. Find the product or service that you want to obtain from the merchant.

5. Pay for the full amount of the product or service and complete the transaction.

6. Click the redeem at time of purchase link on the frame at the top of the screen and follow instructions.

7. When we get confirmation of the transaction from the merchant (usually within 1 to 2 days) we will mail you a check that will reimburse you for the amount of Butterfly Dollars spent.

OR

B. Redeem for cash at any time with no purchase required. Simply go to the Account section and click on the Redeem Butterfly Dollars for Cash button and follow the instructions.

[/FONT COLOr]Okay, here's the link to Butterflymall.com's customer service page -- look down the left column and you'll see clickable links to all kinds of rebates FAQ's and the like. You can also send them an e-mail from this page, letting them know about a transaction (like mine) that you haven't received rebate credits for.

http://www.butterflymall.com/cash_help.jsp?&page=support

Hope this helps, everyone!

http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/spezial/spudniks/spudniklifter.gif

Hi Pia!

Hi Pia -- glad you came out of lurkdom to join us! ;-)

Here's what I posted over in the other P90X thread about how to get the rebate and the 15% discount. It may very well be true (I'm just not sure) that you can START from the Butterflymall.com page and jump straight from there to Beachbody to make the purchase, rather than starting at BB and then to Butterflymall.com and then back to BB -- does that makes sense? In any event, these are the steps that worked for me when I finally made the leap! :)

From my other post:

[font color=green]Here's how you'd get both the 15% Beachbody discount and the rebate. (Editorial Note: I am paraphrasing here from an explanation at the FIRM Ya-Yas site, which I linked to through VF. Don't ask , just trust me -- I've done the homework here for ya. )

First, go to www.beachbody.com and place P90X in your shopping cart.

Second, immediately, in the SAME browser window, put in the web address and go to the rebate site of your choice. Sign up there for your free rebate account.

Third, look up at the top of the site's home page and you'll see a button that says "All Merchants" (at butterfly.com) or "All Stores" (at ebates.com). Click on that button.

Fourth, go to the "B"s and find Beachbody. Click on the link to Beachbody's web page, and that page will open up again in your browser, but this time you'll see the banner for your selected rebate site still sitting across the top of your screen.

Fifth, now that you're back at the Beachbody site, click on "Shopping Cart" and your discounted purchase should still be in there.

Last, complete your purchase. You'll receive the 15% discount from Beachbody AND you'll receive your rebate.[/font color]

RE: Hi Pia!

Kathy you are definitely an enabler. It's your fault that I am currently OUT $150 bucks, but hey...that's worth being able to do pullups right???? I bought my dh an airdyne at a garage sale today for $1 (good shape too) so my logic is....they are about $400 new and he was willing to spend $200 used, so I've actually made $49 dollars today right?.....boy I feel rich!! (there are always ways to justify these purchases if you look hard enough ;-) ;-) ;-) ).

Thanks for all your help with this Kathy. I still can't believe I've purchased ANYTHING other than Cathe.....these should make for fun rotations }( }( }( }( .

Briee

Hey Briee!

Wow, do you ever find the BEST deals at garage sales!!! Did you ever figure out how to use that last piece of equipment you picked up? Did you get a manual? Now...are you going to apply that $49.00 towards a Power Tower????? You have got to be the salesman of the month!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

RE: Hey Briee!

I don't even know what a power tower is yet Debbie....is that the place where I display my upcoming bicep vein???? As for the Body by Jake (I hate that name, sounds like Jake is bestowing the body on you and we all know who does the work }( }( ), I am waiting for the manual to arrive and they sent me the clips to hold the bands on for free and I'm going to list it on Ebay next weekend (hopefully earn some bucks to pay for the P90X!!!!). Yes I'm a bargain shopper big time!!

Speaking of bargains.....I got an email from Butterfly.com and I have earned $20 in butterfly dollars that will be rebated after 90 days or I can use them for other purchases. (Maybe by that time Cathe will register with them and I can get IS on DVD.) I earned this by purchasing the P90X through their site, so what it all boils down to is %15 percent off the P90X and a $20 dollar rebate for those of you interested in caving.

Just for the record...I would NOT have been UNFAITHFUL had Cathe done a serious weight lifting, hi/lo cardio series, BUT my needs were not being met (okay that's not true, Cathe surpasses everything - forgive me Cathe).........I'M REALLY JUST A TRAMP.

Briee (hopefully a tramp who can do pullups soon)

uuuggghhh..oh man, a month wait?? I don't know if I an do it. Certainly I am gonna have to stop reading this thread. Sheesh, and to think I checked my mailbox today. HA!

Kathy...my rebate does not show in my account either. I had so many difficulties with it that now I am wondering if I did not open a new browser window and NOT log in. Do you think I should contact them on that? Nothing appears in my account, not even under past transactions. Did your appear in past transactions?

Briee...oooohh girl, we are gonna have FUN with this one! Tried today, and yes, it is official: I cannot even do .5 of a pushup. Oh, how pathetic! I think instead of forking out for the bands I will try a technique I just heard about. Since you are stronger on the negetive portion of an exercise, you can actually just do negetives, at a slow pace (10 sec lowering) until you fail. Then, supposedly (I have yet to try it) pretty soon you can crank out the positive portion as well. So.....on a pull up, you would put a bench underneath you and hop up to the "top" of your pull up bar. From there, you will lower down S-L-O-W-L-Y. Even if you can only crank out a few of these it is OK. After a few sessions of this you are supposed to be able to do the full on pullups.

I am seriously afraid that if I stick to bands I will never get to the actual pull up. I think you need to do pullups to be able to do pullups. That, or maybe lat pulldown close second.

I can't believe you don't have the IS Briee!! Oh, you are missin' out!!

And.......I broke down and got the Power Tower, probably too pricey for you since you have not been able to get IS, but really neat thing. And BIG!

Didn't you just KNOW I would have the Power Tower???????????????:)

Janice

"I spoke to BB, first of all, and I found out that they've been so swamped with orders for P90X that it's now backordered. They expect to get more in next week and then think it will take them a "few days" to get all backorders out. THEN they ship by regular snail mail."

Great guys!!! All of you ordering has really backed it up for us!!:) Way to go!!!

Janice

OOOOOOOOO Janice I was thinking the same thing....."YOU ALL QUIT ORDERING THE P90X SO WE CAN GET IT" (okay I know that's selfish - sorry guys).

I DO have the IS series and use it all the time and love it quite a bit better than the BB and I like the BB (which I have on DVD)....I just don't have the IS on DVD yet. Soon. This P90X thing has kind of thrown a loop in my IS DVD plans.

I'm going to have to go look up the power tower thing. If it's for pullups...I already have a pull up bar and use it all the time........for a clothes hanger, jungle gym (the kids like this one), to hang sheets to dry, to swing from (this is FUN) if I get a kink in my back, AND most importantly for the 1.75 pullups that I can presently do ;( ;( ;( .

I saw information on the negative pullups in that one cool site that I lived in for some time (dolfazine??). I really haven't tried them, but I'm going to now. (thanks for your info!!) This just makes sense. I hate not being able to do them. The other night I had a great workout and I went to bed (you know one of those workouts that you just feel incredibly strong at the end like you could take on the world) and I went back downstairs to the basement at 2 am and just knew I could do like 10 pullups....I could feel it.......still 1.75. Must have been dreaming }( }( }( }(

Briee (is it really one month???? Next thing you know Cathe will announce that she's doing a "near death extreme" series and I'll be really ticked - ha ha)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.