Meso3 is really hurting my back

faith4us

Cathlete
Am I the only one that is having back issues while using Mesocycle 3? I don't want to stop using it but it is killing me. I didn't have any problems with M1 and M2.

The thing that comes to mind is to really check your form. These are some heavy weights and if your form is off, your back will most likely be hurting.

I agree with Shana, check your form. I have a history of backaches and fortunately have none with Meso 3. I think it takes a great deal of concentration when the weights are this heavy. I listen to Cathe's instructions concerning position, muscles used, weight distribution, core use, etc.

Listen to your body and back off the weights if you have discomfort. It is not worth risking an injury.

Which workout exercises are hurting your back the most? If your form is poor for legs squats, for example then that can be cause back aches. M3 has extremely heavy weights and sometimes you may have to ignore the workout card and lower the weight.

Listen to your body

Please listen to your body. Drop down the "recommended" weight until your back doesn't hurt!

I hurt my left (weaker) bicep because I was trying to push through the recommended weight, and even lower, and still hurt myself. I had to stop doing STS for over a week because it would hurt whenever I lifted weights for any exercise.

I found in Meso 3 that alot of the weights were too heavy yet. I did very good on my legs, back and triceps, and some of the chest workouts. However, my biceps are not created equal!! :confused:

In short - DON'T MESS WITH YOUR BACK! Good luck!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.