Memorable lines said by an instructor

mini-natty

Cathlete
You all know what I am talking about here. When you're working out to a video and you hear something from a trainer that just sticks into your head. It can be funny, encouraging, confusing, ect. Here are some that I can recall:

-"Train like a warrior" (Cathe) :D

-"Turn your scars into stars" (Jari Love)

-"I want you to feel like you are going to die" (Jillian Michaels) :eek:

-"I am going to break you today. Because when I'm done, you are going to be unbreakable" (Jillian Michaels) :confused:

-"There are no FEMALE push-ups" (Tom Holland) :)

Please share yours :)

Famous lines

susan harris the firm volume one

"It takes WORK to get results" I love it cause its always at the point where Im ready to give up and that pushes me through everytime.

and Cathe "you can do anything for a minute" Then you soon realize how long a minute is!

"Work, work!!"

Cathe uses it all over the place. I hear myself saying it out loud whenever I need to focus my attention.

Sometimes Cathe will say something like "step knee straddle, step knee face front" and it startles me. Her "step knee" sounds like Stephanie to me. I feel like I'm being singled out. haha.

Hey, wouldn't it be awesome to buy a Cathe video where she says your name? :). "C'mon, Suzy, what you do to one side you have to do to the other!!"

Great Thread! Stephanie29, I had to laugh at yours because I am a Stephanie too and now I will be listening for "step knee" every time. :)

"C'mon, what have you got in you today?" Cathe (I can always somehow push myself a bit harder when I hear this line)

"Why? Because it's fun, that's why" Seasun Zieger (cracks me up every time)

"No one is watching you and if they are, then they need to be doing it with you!" -Cathe (clears DH the heck out of the room pretty darn fast)

great thread

"knees off the floor - get your knees off of the floor -this is no time to rest" .. Sean on Asylum/speed and agility .. it seems he must be spying on me .. b/c he says it RIGHT when I put my knees on the floor :confused:

"get your @$$ down - you hear me - get your @$$ down - dont you dare move" ... Bob Harper

"10 minute workout - I WISH - ten minutes" - Bob Harper

"I know I am stalling - I should make that an exercise" .. Cathe (and thank you very much for stalling)

" you feel that - gotta a little fire in there" - CATHE - when my arms are absolutly FRIED and can do NO more she talks about a LITTLE FIRE :confused:

I too like "you can do anything for a minute," as well as "don't worry what you look like, just give me some," both Cathe, and I also like when she says something, pauses for you to say something back/swear at her and then she responds, "yes you can, mind over matter," and my personal favorite "what was that?" or "I heard that!"

"We're taking a break, not a vacation" and "stand tall, look proud cause your body's looking so good" and "I NEED AN UMBRELLA" (from all the sweat flying)
I also love the "work, work" from M.E. and the sing-song "I caught myself cheating" from one of the ab segments. All from Cathe.

Not necessarily a quote, but in Amy Bento's Step Challenge 2, she screams out in a baratone voice "AND SQUUUUAT!!" and then "boy, that sounded official". She cracks me up!

"You ready? 'Cause I ain't playin'. I'm gonna kick your a$$."

"YOU. CAN. DO IT! DIG DEEPER! GO!!!"

Both Shaun T. from Insanity

From Cathe, I love the ones already mentioned, but I will add, "You get what you give, so give a lot!" and "Who's boss?!" I always scream in my head that I AM THE BOSS!! I will make my body do this!

Last edited:
What a fun thread!

I have several memorable and favourite lines from Cathe's DVDs. Some are motivating, like "you can do anything for a minute" or "train like a warrior" and of course "Who's Boss?" which has become famous around my house with my hubby and kids, especially when I am wearing the T-shirt! Some of Cathe's lines make me laugh, like "Don't rush the Cha-Cha" and "We're halfway there - are you kidding me?" and of course "Stalling!" All these sayings help to make the workouts fun!

Kelly

Cathe says, "We're in This Together" is the one that sticks out too. I think she used every line in Intensity too. "I Know you're tired but jump higher"

KellyG said:
What a fun thread!

I have several memorable and favourite lines from Cathe's DVDs. Some are motivating, like "you can do anything for a minute" or "train like a warrior" and of course "Who's Boss?" which has become famous around my house with my hubby and kids, especially when I am wearing the T-shirt! Some of Cathe's lines make me laugh, like "Don't rush the Cha-Cha" and "We're halfway there - are you kidding me?" and of course "Stalling!" All these sayings help to make the workouts fun!

Kelly

Just curious... what DVDs does she say to train like a warrior? How about who's boss?

Just curious... what DVDs does she say to train like a warrior? How about who's boss?

The warrior is from either Afterburn or Athletic Training (I think), and I want to say that Who's boss? is from Intensity...I could be wrong, but I think that's right. Now I'm going to have to run up and put the DVDs in to make sure!:eek:

I love in Athletic Training when Cathe says about one of the step moves "up and do it again" and then squeals "agaiiiin?"

This makes me laugh so hard each time 'cos that's exactly what I'm thinking - agaiiin!!!? are you kidding?!!!

"knees off the floor - get your knees off of the floor -this is no time to rest" .. Sean on Asylum/speed and agility .. it seems he must be spying on me .. b/c he says it RIGHT when I put my knees on the floor :confused:

"get your @$$ down - you hear me - get your @$$ down - dont you dare move" ... Bob Harper

"10 minute workout - I WISH - ten minutes" - Bob Harper

"I know I am stalling - I should make that an exercise" .. Cathe (and thank you very much for stalling)

" you feel that - gotta a little fire in there" - CATHE - when my arms are absolutly FRIED and can do NO more she talks about a LITTLE FIRE :confused:

I forgot about Bob's lines!! They make me SO MAD!! But for some reason, I listen, laugh, and do as I'm told. I was a great student can't you tell?

Sometimes Cathe will say something like "step knee straddle, step knee face front" and it startles me. Her "step knee" sounds like Stephanie to me. I feel like I'm being singled out. haha.

Hey, wouldn't it be awesome to buy a Cathe video where she says your name? :). "C'mon, Suzy, what you do to one side you have to do to the other!!"

In STS TB, she says something to Nancy in the back during the one arm rows. Something like "doesn't that feel great?" And it seems like she's talking to me, and I always say "nope!"

Nan

It doesn't fall in the motivational side of things, but when Cathe says "you didn't go and make popcorn, did ya" cracks me up.

I agree with the "just gimmee some" and love the happy dance after blast 9 in Imax 2

"Put your shoes on gracefully" in Cy-Yo Live. Cracks me up every time. Am yet to master this move though.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.