Maybe the "Pink Ribbons" should turn attention to aspartame

RE: Maybe the

>Nadja, there is no way you read that entire article in the
>amount of time it took for you to post your reply. It was so
>long, I couldn't even finish reading it...had to print it out
>and bring it home.

Excuse me? I'm confused as to how you seem to know my that level of reading comprehension is insufficient to finish that article in over half an hour. As a biochemist myself, I'm used to reading peer-reviewed journal articles with actual data all day every day, not 'he said she said' fluff.

My original point was, data itself is meaningless. Especially when out of context in an article such as what you posted. Unless you've got the original data, along with the original experimental methodology, controls, etc. to pick at and analyze, and the reasoning and justification behind the conclusions that were drawn from that data, any statement or citation is meaningless.

Another biochemist in my lab prefers honey to aspartame. We've discussed the topic quite a few times. Google a topic and you can find anything you want to hear. An article having references means nothing, until you've personally analyzed those references, and the references of those, and the references of those...

>Die, thread, die!!!!!

For real! Poor catwoman! Honestly, I thought your last post was very thoughtful & graceful, & I appreciated it.

FWIW, I think we can have a civil discussion about this. My only issue is, if we stopped eating/drinking/buying everything researchers tell us is bad for us, we'd starve/dehydrate/save a heck of a lot of money!

For every one thing we read, we can find 10 things that dispute it. So I just eat/drink/buy what I want. I'm too old & tired to try to keep up w/the research. ;-)

Yes, my apologies if my last post was on the rude side. I would of course appreciate a concerned warning, but if someone tells me I'm not only definitively wrong but slow to boot, I'm probably going to reply. Sorry.

Thank you Calvillo -- I agree -- this was posted just as information only -- you can take it or leave it! This was posted so we can research it ourselves (if it pertains to us)! I have heard negative things before about Aspartame, but disregarded it. Now I've heard more from the OP, etc., I'm going to research further.

Thank you -- any information is ALWAYS welcomed with me!

Julie

I think we should just rely on what information we have (for this thread) and draw our own conclusions. A lot of people have said what they feel and we can "take it or leave it". Let's kill this thread! It's all a matter of opinion at this point!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.