**March 09~~CHECK-IN~~Thursday 12**

laperez25

Cathlete
Goodmorning!:D

From yesterday's Post:

Hottie: WTG on your workouts! I LOVE Oreo's w/ milk! YUM! Disc 5 is Back and Tri's and it had some push ups, but not a lot. I think Disc 7 (coming up SOON) has TONS of push ups.

Joanne: LOL!! Yup, I did LM and KB on that day! I just had the energy to do it so went and did it. I'm SO glad to hear you will catch up with me on Disc 7! I'm so scared of that one, LOL! I do LOVE STS!!!! Thank you for helping me out on this I TRULY appreciate it because if you would have never Pm'd me about this I would have never had STS. I did finish paying for it already!!! YAY!

Chris: WTG on Disc 13. I loved Disc 5 it was awesome!!! I feel my tri's but not much DOMS. Hope everything is ok with your doc appoitment. Please keep us posted. Also, LOL, about your kitty (Baboon cut LOL)!!!! LOL about the beer!! WOW!! That's super awesome that you can do kick backs with 15 #s! I can't wait to get there.

Kathy: WTG on Legs!!!

Beth: WTG on your workouts yesterday! Sorry you didn't sleep well. I hope last night you had better sleep.

Well, I'm off to work in 30 mins. I miss just staying at home! I'm going to let the lady know that next year in September I won't be working anymore. I will stick to working from home and also I need to work on getting certified as a Fitness Instructor. Today is kickboxing day at the Y so that will be my workout later in the afternoon. I'll BB later friends!

Hey...so I'm stressed. We're moving forward on the house but its taking away a lot of time from work (is this normal?). I suffered insomnia last night again. Woke up at 2a. Never fell back asleep. Ate some food at 4a and then I did the elliptical for 45 mins just now, nothing too intense. I have a ton of work to do at lab so we'll see how I do... I hate working at the bench when I'm this sleepy. Yesterday I did no cardio but this crunch work out, super slim down...I like it but probably because I could do it unlike most core work.

Ivy, have fun with your KB workout!

Hiya Gals!

Early morning startup for me as always but late start up getting on here.

It's been a very busy morning and now I can finally get ready for my workout.

Ivy
Hope you're having a good day at work; enjoy kickboxing at the Y :)

Hottie
I remember when we were getting this house built and all the nonsense involved. The stress is unbelievable along with sleepless nights so my guess that yes it's normal in my opinion. Once you close and get settled into your new place sleep and stress should get better.
I look forward to selling this house next year and moving into Raleigh but I am not looking forward to that stress again :(

Well I am off to start week 2 of CLX Burn

picture.php

Good Morning Everyone...

I'm doing ok this morning. Some DOMS in my lower body, not as much as I expected. I also didn't go heavy HEAVY, so probably the reason for that. which is ok with me. Or maybe they'll kick in later.

In a few I'm going to go jump into Step Blast! Should be fun!!

Ivy: I'm just seeing how my stomach feels for the next week. I've had no more bathroom "issues", just mild cramping in my tummy. I've already diagnosed myself with either Colon Cancer or Ovarian. I don't want to panic, but working around it for the past 20+ years, you hear & see everything. ... Maybe I'll take a picture of kitty and how pretty he looks! She did such a great job on him! That would be SOOO cool if you became a Fitness Instructor!!!

Hottie: Buying a house IS stressful!!!! I'm sorry you're having trouble sleeping and working. A friend of mine has just started doing guided meditation before bed, because she had been sleeping HORRIBLY and her counselor recommended it. She said she would have never thought that it could work, or that she would be able to do it "right", but it's been a miracle the last 2 nights for her. Beth!.. Maybe that would help you too? Sleep issues SUCK and i swear , screw up everything about eating, exercising, weightloss.

Okay, enough procrastinating... Off to STEP BLAST!!

Hi Everyone! When my alarm went off this morning, I just couldn't move. This time change is killing me, it turns out. Well, so I stayed there for about 25 minutes and then got up and did legs. My pretty new Cathe band snapped on the last band in the add-on -- drat!!! That's the first time I've actually had one snap like that, I think.

Hottie, yes, buying a house -- that does seem normal (except for all the shady dealings on the seller's girlfriend's part) -- there is just a lot to do and they expect you to drop everything and get it done at a moment's notice. Good luck!

Chris, I'm so sorry about your health issues and even if you haven't been properly diagnosed that you are going through this scare. I hope you can get a definitive answer soon.

I do sometimes do a sort of meditation thing to try to help with the sleep -- sometimes it works. I wonder if the time change has just really messed me up -- I dunno! I'm hoping a couple of more nights and it'll be fine.

Well, I booked a trip for us for spring break, but I think I'm going to cancel! Long story, but I think it's not really our thing and it's just too much money if we're not that interested in it. Ug -- hope I don't have any sort of nonrefundable deposit.

Better go pack lunches, etc...... have a great day!

-Beth

Ohhhhh ouch!

I did Step Blast, which I had mostly fun with, until the blast part. The plyo moves (I think the jacks followed by the jumps) did something to my left lower back when I landed. It freakin hurts! I did extra stretching at the end. Hopefully I'll be able to stretch it out. I should also try not to sit so much today.

It was nice in that the cardio thawed out my legs a bit!

Vilma: Hope you have/had a good workout with CLX Burn!!

Beth: Oh the time change just annoys me this week. Back to getting up in the dark! I was liking getting up and the sun being up too. I guess it will catch up sooner or later. My friend told me that the guided meditation she listens to has made a huge difference , I bet there's free ones on iTunes you could download if you were interested. She got hers from Audible.com. ... I'm just hoping my stomach issues go away and then I will go back to not worrying. So far so good today. .... What kind of vacation did you book and where? I'm more like Joanne's husband and am a procrastinator when it comes to booking vacations. I've always lucked out though. The boys want to go to Hershey Park in PA this year. not sure how a 9 hour drive would go though :eek: But it SOUNDS like fun! And one of these days we HAVE to get to Disney World...... I should try to do that this year.... like NOW. LOL!

Okay, I better get off my butt so my back won't kill me. ... :confused:

Chris
Ouch sorry to hear about you hurting your back - that's not good. At least your legs are a bit thawed out but I hate back pain, you take care of yourself and hopefully it won't bother you so much.

I have always had GI issues since I was young...doc says I have a 'slight' case of IBS so I need to watch what I eat or else I am doubled over in pain amongst other things in the area :( I have already had an operation for the lower region and I always complain wishing I was born with a better GI system. Here's hoping your issues are nothing 'bad'.

I went to Hershey Park on a school field trip when I was in middle school and all I remember back then was the chocolate tour :p We also have to get to Disney World as we went before our youngest dd was born. We are so due for a family vacation here but its just not gonna happen for a while:(

Beth
Oh man sorry you have been having such a hard time finding a restful sleep.
Your new band snapped? Oy here's hoping it didn't leave a nasty mark on your skin- those bands hurt when they snap. :confused:
Spring break trip sounds nice but hoping you all find a vacay spot that you'll all have a good time in.

I ended up doing Burn Circuit 1 then I followed it w/ 4ds kickbox cardio only. Nice workout today.

I just had myself a yummy fruit salad and I'm now ready to go do some running around town here.

Here's hoping you all have a great day as I don't think I'll have time to get back online today.:confused: I should get paid for all the stuff I do around here ::sigh:: oh well :p It's all good.

picture.php

Hi ladies..

Checking in with Step Blast done...My lower body is SORE..Big time DOMS for me. Mainly in the quads..I feel the glutes and inner thighs. But, the quads are make sitting and standing from sitting and walking fast real tough..Not impossible. But tough!!

Now, gotta go get dinner started!!

Hi, I'm back...... the band didn't hurt when it snapped, fortunately. It was around both my feet (in shoes).

The vacation..... I'm waiting for the guy to call me back to hear how much money I'm out for cancelling. Darn it -- I shouldn't have booked so quickly! Anyway.... it's a few hours away from here, sort of a non-working dude ranch where you can ride horses if you want to, or just lay in a hammock all day if you want to. They have yoga classes and massage, hiking and fishing. Sounds pretty fun, no? A week was going to be about $5000 for all four of us -- that includes all meals, but it doesn't include riding lessons, which we'd need, nor yoga classes, massage, etc. I do now know what we will do if we don't do that! Chris, Hershey Park would be fun, but 9 hours in the car with three boys?! Ay-yi-yi!!

Minimum day let me get in my yoga before piano lessons. We're off in a bit. Cheers,

-Beth

Hey Girls!

I've been fighting with my back all day. It hurts only in certain positions. I hope it's gone by tomorrow!

Vilma:
A friend of mine at work has IBS too. I understand. She hasn't had to have surgery though. It must be hard to have to deal with that for so long! I know, I think my son who suggested Hershey Park was thinking about the chocolate tour too! :p

Kathy: Wondering what size weights you used? Did you go really heavy? i have SOME DOMS, mostly in my arse and hamstrings. I think I'll use my 10 lb vest next week.. I totally forgot about it! Maybe I'll share my Advils with ya!

Beth:
That sucks your band snapped so quickly! I had one that snapped during the outerr thigh move, where you're on your back and wrap it around teh outside of your feet and then cross it, and then pulse open your legs. It scared the bejeesus out of me! I gotcha on the vacation. That doesn't make sense that none of that is included! I hope you don't have to pay a huge cancellation fee. But if you do it early enough, i would hope there wouldn't be any!!

off for homework hour! :eek:

Chris: I used my weighted gloves and then used my 25 pound dumbbells for most of the exercises. I used 20s for the plate stuff and 15s for static lunges...I was going to use the vest for meso 3..I need that advil!! LOL

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.