Lurker Invitations April Check-In

Hello Everyone!

I just read through the most recent post and I think I must have missed a few posts because I was a little lost in some of the conversations, I wouldn't be surprised considering the disorder and chaos of my life the past few days! Oh Well I will get caught back up later on the posts I missed!

Today was my first full day at home since April 6th! Can you believe it? The snow is melting fast but there is still a lot of it left and now everything is turning into a river of mud. Yes, Janie I really do live very rurally. We are at 9,600 feet and the last house on the road. Our next closet neighbor is about 8/10ths of a mile away. It has it's perks and obviously it's downsides!:eek::eek::eek:

So today it felt so good to go into my yurt and do my first Cathe DVD in weeks! I opted for the Low Impact Circuit premix on 4DS. I really like it even though it has a lot of equipment changes. I really like circuits and HIIT and I think that is what my body needs to jump start my matabolism.

Shoegal: So nice to see you! Good luck on the Viper tonight can't wait to see how it went.

Janie: so jealous of your long beach walk, I wish I was still up there in the glorious P.N.W.! What a fun way to get your cardio in!

Michelle: glad to hear that you are feeling better. It is a good idea to go slowly at first, you will be back in the saddle before you know it! Are you going boating this weekend?

Ironlady: I totally get your nick name! 90LBS! Wow my chest is my weakest link by far. I am pretty much at Cathe's weights for all body parts except for the chest! Than I drop about 10lbs lighter! That is really impressive. I think those pull-ups are in sight!

Shadowpup: enjoy your family and travels. Who looks after all the horses when you leave town?

Just a side note I definitely went up in weights after my break and my shoulder/elbow is feeling better too! This was the first conscious break I have taken in weight lifting and it did seem to make a difference in building my strength.

Check in Friday 4/24/09

Checking in.

Did the Viper. The write up said that you do - one cardio from C&Ws - 1 IMAX2 interval, 2 to 3 upper body exercises from ME - repeat this 4 times. It wasn't exactly true - did lower body weight training too in this workout which was fine with me. I have to say that I was a little bored with the step from C&Ws - have been doing way to much of that. Near the end of it -I just didn't want to do it anymore - not because I couldn't - but because I didn't want to. I believe I bore pretty easily. Did minimal push ups and was kind of dissapointed in myself. Afterwards - despite the 80 minute running time I decided to do the abs from PS. I was tired. :p

Laura - I wanted to say that I'm sorry your new Cathe DVDs weren't there when you got home. That would have been a tremendous dissapointment for me. Well, ok maybe not "tremendous" - but a let down. It would have been exciting to have that to look forward to. Well - they will come soon. Wow - what a great life out there in the wilderness. I think I'm a little remote - you have me beat.

Janie - I'm jealous - love the beach. I love the ocean - it sounded fabulous to walk the beach. That is the one thing my DH will do on the beach - but only if its cool enough - walk. That - and maybe fish. Anything other than that - he is not interested. Glad you and Joey got away - sounded relaxing. Good time to talk too.

Michelle - Sounded like a pleasant workout - what is better than walking the pup ? - and a little Cathe. I think it sounded just right in fact. Sounds way nicer than what I did. I don't know if I would opt to do that again anytime soon.

Well - I hope you all have a great day as a great start to the weekend.

Yea! My new videos are here!! I am so excited! I am previewing Leg and Glutes as I clean the house. It looks intense and very fast paced. . I was planning on doing GS Legs so I think I will do Legs & Glutes instead. I was also plaining on starting the April Rotation since I have not done a rotation yet and was thinking it might help me get some better results. But I really want to play with my new videos instead. So I think I will probably spend the better part of the day trying to come up with a good rotation that uses my new videos! The only thing I am not looking forward to is having to learn all that new step choreography, which is not my strong suit! It took me forever to learn 4DS and I still stumble on the HIS routine. I get confused by the tv if I was in the room with Cathe I would get it immediately but with the tv I get dyslexia or something.....

Last edited:
Oh and I am so excited about how many premixes there are on the BodyBlast Series. I am only beginning to use premixes on my old DVD and it really does add variety on the workouts which helps with the boredom factor. Which I can totally understand and relate with Shoegal on! I am not really sure what the workout blenders are, does anyone else know or use that feature??

Hi ladies,
Busy day, haven't been able to post until this evening. Got up, Rip and I did our long walk and then I did 30 minutes of Cathe: lower body and stability ball abs from Basic Step/Body Fusion. Staying with the slow approach for the next few days. I feel pretty good except my dang cough will not give up.

Janie: a trip to the shore sounds nice. I fall over in a dead faint if my husband took a long walk with me anywhere. I love my DH, but unfortunately he does not exercise like he should.~michelle

Michelle, Hang in there, you'll be better soon. Drink lots of fluids. A lot of men are like that. Your not alone. Just keep inviting them, and maybe one day they will do it. Good job on your workout especially when you are not feeling well.

Hello Everyone!
Today was my first full day at home since April 6th! Can you believe it? The snow is melting fast but there is still a lot of it left and now everything is turning into a river of mud. Yes, Janie I really do live very rurally. We are at 9,600 feet and the last house on the road. Our next closet neighbor is about 8/10ths of a mile away. It has it's perks and obviously it's downsides!:eek::eek::eek:

So today it felt so good to go into my yurt and do my first Cathe DVD in weeks! I opted for the Low Impact Circuit premix on 4DS. I really like it even though it has a lot of equipment changes. I really like circuits and HIIT and I think that is what my body needs to jump start my matabolism.

Just a side note I definitely went up in weights after my break and my shoulder/elbow is feeling better too! This was the first conscious break I have taken in weight lifting and it did seem to make a difference in building my strength.

Laura, I'm so glad you are finely safe at home. It has been such a struggle for you to get back home. Other than this downside, I bet it's so wonderful living so close to nature. I'm surprised as well how a break from weight lifting makes a difference when you come back to it. It's surprisingly beneficial.

Checking in.

Did the Viper. The write up said that you do - one cardio from C&Ws - 1 IMAX2 interval, 2 to 3 upper body exercises from ME - repeat this 4 times. It wasn't exactly true - did lower body weight training too in this workout which was fine with me. I have to say that I was a little bored with the step from C&Ws - have been doing way to much of that. Near the end of it -I just didn't want to do it anymore - not because I couldn't - but because I didn't want to. I believe I bore pretty easily. Did minimal push ups and was kind of dissapointed in myself. Afterwards - despite the 80 minute running time I decided to do the abs from PS. I was tired. :p

Janie - I'm jealous - love the beach. I love the ocean - it sounded fabulous to walk the beach. That is the one thing my DH will do on the beach - but only if its cool enough - walk. That - and maybe fish. Anything other than that - he is not interested. Glad you and Joey got away - sounded relaxing. Good time to talk too.

Shoegal, I can see why you were tired. Great job on the workouts, even though you were bored with the step in that moment. Yeah, my Joey is a buddy, and it did give us a chance to talk. It was great.

Yea! My new videos are here!!

Laura, YEAH! A little trick I found that is useful to me. While playing the DVD's, when Cathe starts going over her step towards you, you also go towards the TV or her. It works every time. Hope that helps. Have fun with all your new gifts and premixes. They are so awesome.

Today is my rest day, so will be cleaning the house.

Janie
4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif

Laura -

I had to tell you how excited I am for you :D - it was infectious - I could feel the excitment just seeing the post. I thought it was kind of funny that I had that reaction but it was so true - we all can relate and we all have that in common - getting sooooo excited by new exercise workouts. I'm sitting here wishing it was me. I happy for you - so have fun!!! Tell us how it goes.:eek:

Had to check back in! It is so exciting to have a new workout, Shoegal!
So I ended up doing Kick, Punch, & Crunch partly because I have been dying to try it and also because tomorrow I am going to be able to hike while the girls are at a birthday party so I can get my cardio that way tomorrow.

I loved it! Some of the combos caught me up just a little bit but not for long. The choreography was easy to catch on to and I got a good sweat going. It is good to do new moves to keep the muscles guessing and the mind turned on.

Tomorrow I will try and do Legs & Glutes before the party. I was soooo tempted to do it today in addition to K,P, C but I REALLY need to do some house work.

As Michelle, {I think it was her} said So much Cathe and so little time!!

I did spend a good part of the morning working out my workouts all the way through August though! My general plan is to do the Body Blast Series and than the Instensity Series, working in the Low Max, Kick Max, Low Intensity Circuit, Cardio Fusion in on my cardio days. Than I want to do the April rotation, and than a Rotation by Laughing Water called Muscle Max and Gym Styles. So hopefully that will keep my busy and not itching to buy STS and P90X at least until the fall!!

Well here is to hoping that I will be satisfied for awhile......

Hi ladies,
We are on the boat. We may take her out for a run tomorrow if the wind lays down. It really has been windy here in the mid-atlantic this week. Otherwise, we will just be hanging out on the boat, in the slip, at the marina.

Sticking with my slow and steady return to exercise: upper body and stability ball abs from Basic Step/Body Fusion. I know I'm like a broken record here. If my coughing has subsided may do B&G tomorrow. I'm dying to get back to the cardio, but I don't want to rush that.

Laura and Shoegal: new workouts are exciting. You just feel like you are breaking new ground. I've also got some new weight lifting/strength dvds: pure strength, GS Legs, and MM. I did MM right before I got sick--I think some of the soreness afterwards was more from starting to be sick so I'm looking forward to doing that one again. I am making good progress on my push-ups on my toes, haven't really worked on the chin-ups. THAT effort got derailed before getting started because I got this dang cold.

Janie: you crack me up--cleaning house is your definition of resting--very funny.

~michelle

Had to check back in! It is so exciting to have a new workout, Shoegal!
So I ended up doing Kick, Punch, & Crunch partly because I have been dying to try it and also because tomorrow I am going to be able to hike while the girls are at a birthday party so I can get my cardio that way tomorrow.

I loved it! Some of the combos caught me up just a little bit but not for long. The choreography was easy to catch on to and I got a good sweat going. It is good to do new moves to keep the muscles guessing and the mind turned on.

Tomorrow I will try and do Legs & Glutes before the party. I was soooo tempted to do it today in addition to K,P, C but I REALLY need to do some house work.

As Michelle, {I think it was her} said So much Cathe and so little time!!

I did spend a good part of the morning working out my workouts all the way through August though! My general plan is to do the Body Blast Series and than the Instensity Series, working in the Low Max, Kick Max, Low Intensity Circuit, Cardio Fusion in on my cardio days. Than I want to do the April rotation, and than a Rotation by Laughing Water called Muscle Max and Gym Styles. So hopefully that will keep my busy and not itching to buy STS and P90X at least until the fall!!

Well here is to hoping that I will be satisfied for awhile......

Laura, Looks like you are enjoying the many DVD's you have. Love to hear the excitement of new and fresh eyes on them. Cracks me up.;) Look at all the possibilities you have at your fingertips. But do buy the STS series, and Joey and I also use P90X. They are better than you realize.

Hi ladies,
We are on the boat. We may take her out for a run tomorrow if the wind lays down. It really has been windy here in the mid-atlantic this week. Otherwise, we will just be hanging out on the boat, in the slip, at the marina.

Sticking with my slow and steady return to exercise: upper body and stability ball abs from Basic Step/Body Fusion. I know I'm like a broken record here. If my coughing has subsided may do B&G tomorrow. I'm dying to get back to the cardio, but I don't want to rush that.

Janie: you crack me up--cleaning house is your definition of resting--very funny.

~michelle

Michelle, you are doing the right thing and relaxing until you get your strength back from being sick. On the boat sounds lovely. Bet you are having a good time.:D I know, about the resting and cleaning house thing, but that's the only time I feel like it, so I have to take advantage of it.LOL:rolleyes:

We found out today, that a test result came in and was positive. Our little Adrian has Downs Syndrome and hearing problems. Also we think there still is a problem with his bowels, because sometimes you can tell he is in pain. Poor little guy. We don't know the extent of everything yet. It took us aback a little, but you know, he is ours, and he's beautiful and I believe he will teach us a lot about life. Joey and I want to be in his life and we are looking forward to it. We may even get out our sign language book and learn those skills so we can communicate with Adrian better. We'll see how things go.

Anyone experience this in their family? Any advice out there? This is all so new to us and unexpected. We know for certain, Adrian will have a wonderful/happy and full filling life. I'll be looking up the syndrome and trying hard to find out things, but it is what it is. We can't hardly wait to start life anew with our little fella.

Just thought you all would like to know how he is doing, since a lot of you prayed, good vibes...for him. I think he will be such a blessing to us all.

Janie,

Last edited:
Janie--wow, I'm sorry to hear the latest news on baby Adrian. Hopefully he has a less severe version of Downs Syndrome. I have no experience or knowledge in this area. But this little guy is lucky to be blessed with a family that is ready to tackle his challenges.

I'm finding that premixes are providing me with a nice way to ease back into exercising. Today I did the Standing legs/glutes and timesave abs premix from B&G. I was sweating buckets and it felt great. I'm thinking maybe I'll take a look at my Timesaver dvd this week. Those might be good to try for light cardios and then add a little weight work.

Looking at a lazy day--just hanging out and resting. Don't seem to be coughing quite as much. I must sound like a broken record.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday.
~michelle

Janie, wow that is a lot for you guys to digest. I also don't know a lot about Down Syndrome from a personal level, but I have heard that DS children can bring a perspective of joy and wonder into people who know them lives. I agree that Adrian is lucky to have such a welcoming & loving family.

So I was really dragging all day and just couldn't muster to do the Leg & Glutes workout I planned. I didn't really want to work out at all, but decided to do Push Pull since it was only 45 minutes. I had heard it was an easier workout and I can tell it probably is but today it seemed challenging enough. I just did not have the energy and sometimes the energy comes when I get going but not today. It is nice to have a shorter full body workout for these kind of days or busy days. So I am not disappointed. There were also a few new exercises which is nice.

Michelle I am glad you are feeling better. You really got very sick, huh? I think these strains of flus and colds are getting pretty serious. Have you heard of the swine flu in Mexico? It terrifies me to be honest!

Well hope everyone else is doing well.

Janie--wow, I'm sorry to hear the latest news on baby Adrian. Hopefully he has a less severe version of Downs Syndrome. I have no experience or knowledge in this area. But this little guy is lucky to be blessed with a family that is ready to tackle his challenges.

I'm finding that premixes are providing me with a nice way to ease back into exercising. Today I did the Standing legs/glutes and timesave abs premix from B&G. I was sweating buckets and it felt great. I'm thinking maybe I'll take a look at my Timesaver dvd this week. Those might be good to try for light cardios and then add a little weight work.

Looking at a lazy day--just hanging out and resting. Don't seem to be coughing quite as much. I must sound like a broken record.

Hope everyone enjoys their Saturday.
~michelle

Michelle, Thank you for your support on Adrian. It helps me a lot. Love premixes. They help when you really don't have a lot of time, or help when you do have time. They are great. Sounds like you are doing a good job on your exercises. You don't sound like a broken record, you sound like you are feeling better. I'm glad.

Janie, wow that is a lot for you guys to digest. I also don't know a lot about Down Syndrome from a personal level, but I have heard that DS children can bring a perspective of joy and wonder into people who know them lives. I agree that Adrian is lucky to have such a welcoming & loving family.

So I was really dragging all day and just couldn't muster to do the Leg & Glutes workout I planned. I didn't really want to work out at all, but decided to do Push Pull since it was only 45 minutes. I had heard it was an easier workout and I can tell it probably is but today it seemed challenging enough. I just did not have the energy and sometimes the energy comes when I get going but not today. It is nice to have a shorter full body workout for these kind of days or busy days. So I am not disappointed. There were also a few new exercises which is nice.

Laura, I'm looking forward to the joys of Adrian. I'm hearing all kinds of wonderful things about these children. Thank you for your support as well. I think it's great to be able to vent your fears, knowledge... Very good for doing your exercises. You are doing it right. If you don't feel like it, not enough energy, then you pick something that will work for you personally. Isn't it great that there is so many to chose from?

Take care everyone,

Janie

Happy Sunday Everyone. I hope everyone has had a good weekend. I have spent the last 4 days home which has been wonderful since I was gone so long. Slowly, slowly getting the house back to order....

So today I did Legs & Glutes from the Body Blast Series and I really found it challenging. It definitely had some new exercises in it and some new twist on some old ones that kept me challenged. The first few times with a new routine I am a little behind with the equipment and weight changes happening so fast. This tape has a ton of premixes on it that look really great, but I won't be able to get to them for some time yet as I still have so many new DVD's to try!

What a nice problem to have!:eek:

Check in Monday

I was out and about all weekend long. DH and I chose to pack up and go off to do the Chautauqua-Lake Erie Wine Trail again. We had a lovely day - we took our pups with us and despite my misgivings they really had a nice day too. They got out quite a bit - went swimming. Our little Dot actually got the hang of it and was swimming quite nicely after awhile.

Janie - I agree that Adrian is a lucky little fellow to have so many people in his corner. My nephew has Autism - and although he can be quite a handful sometimes (but what child isn't?) he brings so much joy. I also don't have any experience with Downs Syndrome either but I do believe he will be a wonderful blessing in your lives. I'm glad you think so too. Take one day at a time - all of this will be sorted out and figured out and it will all be okay. In the beginning it seems - like Wow - what are we going to do - but slowly it all gets taken care. I know you know this - you are such a strong lady.

Michelle - yes - one day at a time (my motto for today) - can't do more than you can do - and no - you don't sound like a broken record - and if you do - it is a good tune. We'll listen again. I was once terribly sick one year through Christmas - and I tried and tried to get everything I needed to get done - but it was just killing me. In the end, it would have been better to just take it slow and easy - I probably would have healed quicker. So you are doing the right thing. Must have been lovely on that boat!!!

Laura - it seems as if you got the entire shooting match - I would think that will keep you happily occupied for quite awhile. But then again . . . all of this talk of new workouts makes me itch for something new - and I just got something new. I'm sick - I need help. So - how did you organize the order in which you'll do the workouts??? I don't know how to contain myself sometimes - and although there is a plan in place, I'll change my mind instantly if I get excited about something else.

Well - will check back in to discuss what I'll be doing this evening. I'm thinking weight training - total body something or other. Hope everyone has a great day.

Shoegal: we are so alike, I blame my fickle nature on being a Gemini! LOL! I think I am attracted to the promise of change that these DVD's aim there advertising on, but the truth is that buying the DVD's won't create the change, you still have to do them. And lately I have been wondering what Cathe's routine is like , does she only exercise for an hour a day? I doubt it.....

So I found this substitution list for push-ups that I thought I would share since we have talked about this before:

Jumping pullups (use as much leg push as needed, lower slowly . . . this really keeps the cardio going in a WOD like Fran)
Pure negatives (climb to top position using whatever means necessary, chair, bench, whatever, then lower slowly)
Assisted Pullups: use a Gravitron machine (if you're lucky enough to have access to one), or, even better, a human spotter to give you a lift. Bend your legs at the knees so that the tops of your feet are facing down, have the spotter support you there to provide some lift.
Assisted pullups 2: Get a large elastic band (surgical tubing works great), loop over the bar, step in it to provide some lift
Reduced load pullups: Suspend a bar (maybe an Olympic bar for weights?) at a height less than overhead . . . maybe about chest high . . . get underneath it with you legs in front and body straight . . . do "pullups" with your legs still on the ground, supporting part of your weight . .
All of these have the advantage that they are neurologically more valuable than the fairly un-natural motion of locking your knees under a pad and moving just your arms . . . in all of these, your arms are going to be drawing your whole body up . . . you will progress toward "full" pullups faster.
But yes, you can do pull-downs, and doing those are infinitely better than skipping this workout

I thought it had some good ideas.

So my exercise today will be my too classes this evening, thinking of doing a pyramid up for the upper body for the Total Tone class... I may sneak in a short run too...

Happy Monday. Back to work today, but first back to the normal wake-up routine. Ripken and I did our long walk and then I did Low Impact Step--40 minutes of cardio--first cardio workout in a couple of weeks. It felt really good, but 40 minutes was probably just the right amount of exercise. This week I'm going to up my workouts to 40 or so minutes a day. Laura--thanks for mentioning push-pull. I might have to do that one or Super Sets tomorrow. Those are good for getting back in the swing of things--not too long in length but you still get a good workout. I'm still coughing but near as much.

Laura: love legs and glutes. Cathe has some really great exercises on that one. Some of the exercises remind me of dance classes (way back when I took ballet and modern).

The swine flu pandemic is a bit scary, but remember back in 2002 when we had SARS. I think that government officials are being much more responsible this time around. Folks got way nutty over SARS. Panic doesn't help. Just keep washing those hands which is always a good thing to do. I'm curious as to what happened with the measle cases that popped up last week. I think they've been lost in the shuffle. An outbreak of measles could be serious as well. Maybe, the public health officials feel that they have that one contained. Time will tell.

Only a few days left to use my 20 percent discount. Still think I'm going to order the slanted risers. They may be on backorder but that is okay by me.

I've got my 25th college reunion coming up next month. Just made my hotel reservation and now I have to register for meals, etc. Got to find out if I can get access to the aerobics and weight room while I'm back on campus.

~michelle

Laura - I'm a Cancer - I fear and hate change - what is my excuse? :eek:

Michelle - What are you trying to do - enable me???? The threat of that 20% off sale ending - that is almost like punching in my credit card numbers for me!!!! :eek:

Still haven't figured out what my workout will be tonight. I have already planned out what I'm eating for dinner though - anybody else besides me see a problem with that? :eek:

Hi all, back from travels ... talk about challenging in the health department. If it wasn't grandma with sweets at every meal, it was birthday parties, barbeque, you name it! Exercise options were limited to my band, walking, hiking, and one day helping my dad with pruning. And, of course, the standby walks through airports. We'll see how well I did with portion control. Judging by my pants, it should be okay, though :)

Janie, I quickly read through the posts and saw your news about Adrian. My niece has Downs Syndrome. It is indeed a challenge: the children tend to have more health problems, and need special care, often lifelong. I will not downplay that part. BUT. My niece has grown into a joyful teenager, loving and happy and a true blessing. Her attitude is truly inspirational. She has accomplished so much more than the medical profession predicted for her - she can read simple words, for one thing, and my sister was told this was entirely impossible. She is in a special needs high school class now with others with disabilities about her age, and has even acted in a special needs play! There are many support groups for Downs Syndrome and I highly recommend that your family find a good one, and join it, because this is one way to learn about where these positive opportunities are and how to navigate the difficult times ahead. Early stimulation and support can help Downs Syndrome children, even more than other babies. Equally importantly, support groups can help the families adjust as well. Janie, your grandson can still have a very happy childhood, can still become a loving, lovable, and fulfilled adult - most likely Adrian will have a different life than anyone envisioned, but this does not mean it will be less worthwhile. I hope you do not mind my saying all of this. It was so tough to adjust to letting go of all of our dreams for my niece when she was tiny ... it hurt so much ... and yet, looking at her now, it is hard to imagine how she could be any happier. I saw Amy, my niece, on this last trip and she was the glowing life of every party. I really feel for you, and your family, and wish you all the very best.

Laura, Congratulations for being home, finally and getting things back to normal. Continue to enjoy your new DVD's. Love your substitution list for Push Ups. Way to go. You found pure gold.

Shoegal, Sounds like you had a great weekend at Chautauqua-Lake Erie Wine trail with DH and pups. I will take one day at a time concerning our Adrian, I'm sure things will be just fine. Thanks for the support.

Michelle, The flue pandemic is very scary. Hope it soon will be contained. Hope you order the slanted risers. I have a pair, and my Joey wanted a pair also, so, I ordered one and will be getting the 20% off. It works very well. How exciting about your 25th reunion. What college did you go to? You are doing great on your workouts.

Shadowpup, Our relatives do that (push food) onto us because they love us. You did good. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge of Down Syndrome with me. Also for the support you have given me. Trying to be positive about it, and so far so good. It might not have hit us yet. I bought a book on how to communicate with Adrian and so I will prepare for that, and another book on stories about people who is affected by Down Syndrome including their famlies. The books came highly recommended. They should be here soon, and I can start to learn more.

Enjoy the rest of the evening,

Janie

This morning I did GS Chest and Triceps, plus Ab Hits # 12. I was feeling good on the step down push-ups because I did the first 16 with straight legs, on toes, and the next 10 out of 14 with straight legs, on toes. After that, it was knee push-ups. Laura, thanks for the pull-ups as alternatives to push-ups. I'm thinking those exercises will be good for working on doing full pull-ups too.

Shadowpup: welcome back. I don't think we've found anything new for you to buy while you were away. Good information on Downs Syndrome. You have confirmed my general impression that people with Downs Syndrome seem to be joyful. That must really make a difference for families. I have a niece who is bipolar plus a bunch of other mental health diagnoses and quite frankly she is just one unhappy person with not much of a life at 20 years old. My one wish for her is that she finds happiness in living some day.

Janie: I haven't ordered the slanted risers yet. I was running around the house cleaning last night. It's what I do now. Clean the boat on the weekends; clean the house during the week. Keeps me moving. I went to a small women's college in Roanoke, VA: Hollins College, now Hollins University. Just under 1,000 students. I loved being at a small college and loved being at an all women's college. It still is all women and shows no signs of having a problem staying that way. I'm looking forward to going back for reunion. The website is www.hollins.edu and if you check out the website, all I can say is yes, the campus really it that beautiful. And Janie as you learn about Downs Syndrome and Adrian grows up, please educate and share with us as well.

Shoegal: you know we've just got to use those discounts. I will definitely be purchasing the slanted risers with mine.

And while we're sharing signs, I'm a Libra.
~michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.