Low Impact Series Questions

jordan

Cathlete
Hi,

Just in case someone gets a minute to breathe, pee, and surf the forum to answer questions :eek:, here are a couple questions that have been on my mind.

-Who filmed/produced this series?

-Is it possible to get an audio sampling of the music after the workouts are sent to the replicators/duplicators?

As tempted as I am to ask the- ARE WE THERE YET- question, I won't :cool:.
I'm really not as calm and collected as MR. cool smilie but that is not my fault. I'm going to blame Cathe for the teaser posts about Afterburn :D ;).

Thanks for the blog updates,
jordan

Last edited:
Low Impact series

All of our productions are done in our studio and we're the executive producers and do some of the work internally and contract out the rest. We do hire contractors to handle the filming... who in turn hire independent contractors to operate the cameras and handle all of the numerous other tasks. Even in large companies, like NFL Films, the people doing the filming are independent contractors who also work for us, QVC, Fusion, and numerous TV stations in our area. This is just how the filming industry works nowadays. But we're not just spectators, we oversee and manage every detail. The people we hire are among the best and most experienced in our area.

As for music that is something you will have to wait to hear until the DVDs are done. We only have a video sync license for most of the music in this series and that means it is illegal for us to release audio only tracks.

Wow it never ceases to amaze me how much work goes into your productions. I understand about the music. I’m really beginning to get excited about this series. I can hardly wait to hear the music and exercise to the new workouts. Just wanted you to know that your success has helped me with my success and only a true home exerciser would appreciate and understand that statement. So, thanks for all your hard work.

Back to work now, those DVDs aren’t going to edit themselves :D

jordan

Wow it never ceases to amaze me how much work goes into your productions. I understand about the music. I’m really beginning to get excited about this series. I can hardly wait to hear the music and exercise to the new workouts. Just wanted you to know that your success has helped me with my success and only a true home exerciser would appreciate and understand that statement. So, thanks for all your hard work.

Back to work now, those DVDs aren’t going to edit themselves :D

jordan

I'm always impressed by Cathe's production, the premixes, the music and quality of filming. I am so curious over what the music will be for this series.

I have been wondering about how these dvds will be filmed??? The last series had bad video quality. I'm sorry, but I have tried them on 3 different HD tvs, two different HD DVD players, and two different computers. The image quality is bad, bad, bad. Not clear at all...fuzzy and somewhat pixelated, and I know they were supposed to be filmed with the highest standards in mind. I still keep them because they are good workouts.

I am on the fence about buying this series because of this issue.

I'm not sure how to answer your question. We use the best lighting and HD cameras available. We use professorially designed sets and we even spend more time designing our DVD menus and chaptering DVDs than probably anyone.

There are always things that can be improved, but few companies make the effort or spend the time and money that we do in filming a fitness video. We truly do go all out in our productions as quality is very important to us. But there is no answer to your question as filming involves hundreds of variables.

In our last series the filming quality was excellent. The problem some people had is that the background photographs were a little too busy and were causing some artifacts to appear when the HD files were reduced down to DVD quality. This time we have have removed the giant photo backdrops and gone with Blue gel lights so that there is little differentiation between the pixels and this should eliminate most of these problems and greatly improve the quality that you see.

I have been wondering about how these dvds will be filmed??? The last series had bad video quality. I'm sorry, but I have tried them on 3 different HD tvs, two different HD DVD players, and two different computers. The image quality is bad, bad, bad. Not clear at all...fuzzy and somewhat pixelated, and I know they were supposed to be filmed with the highest standards in mind. I still keep them because they are good workouts.

I am on the fence about buying this series because of this issue.

The last series looked awesome on my TV???!!!! I had no problems what-so-ever! They even looked great on a cheap laptop I had to use while on vacation. Maybe your settings for your DVD player need some tweaking?:confused:

The last series looked awesome on my TV???!!!! I had no problems what-so-ever! They even looked great on a cheap laptop I had to use while on vacation. Maybe your settings for your DVD player need some tweaking?:confused:

Just in support of LastTango, I am among many who were never able to get the last series to appear crisply no matter what combination of settings and equipment we used. I'm not complaining again -- just pointing out that it was indeed a problem, and that I very much appreciate SNM taking this into consideration by changing the background for this series, if that was the issue. I enjoy the brilliant and colorful backgrounds and have never had a problem until the Hawaii set. But, I'll enjoy a crisp, brilliant picture on my screen over a landscape background through the "windows" if that's what it takes.

NancyAZ said:
Just in support of LastTango, I am among many who were never able to get the last series to appear crisply no matter what combination of settings and equipment we used. I'm not complaining again -- just pointing out that it was indeed a problem, and that I very much appreciate SNM taking this into consideration by changing the background for this series, if that was the issue. I enjoy the brilliant and colorful backgrounds and have never had a problem until the Hawaii set. But, I'll enjoy a crisp, brilliant picture on my screen over a landscape background through the "windows" if that's what it takes.

Thanks, Nancy....I knew I wasn't alone out there. I don't know what the problem is, as I tested them with various settings on multiple tvs and DVD players. I asked SNM about it at the time, and they even went out and got a DVD player like mine to test it! I really think something happened when it was filmed in HD, and then converted down for regular DVD production. All my other Cathe (and other) DVDs look great. I think I will wait to order some of these workouts later on.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.