Low Carbers Jan 2013

Okay, so I did CLB last night. Well, I ended up only doing about 1/2. I stopped at the change to the step for the cardio blasts. I was already getting sore and decided that after a quick preview for the rest of the workout that I would not be able to walk today if I finished. So I added on a little Zumba on the Wii after for some more calorie burn. (I'm like a little kid, I could play that darn thing for a couple of hours) When I got up this morning, I was glad that I didn't finish CLB, I"m sore!

Wow, as the day progresses, the more happy I am that I didn't finish the CLB.....I'm sore, sore and even didn't feel so hot because of all the lactic acid (some good food and hydration and a couple of advil helped with that!)

Rhea - Wow! I've only done the last rotation (strength only) 'cause the names of all the cardio sound far too high impact. Considering your experience, that is a good thing, I think ;)!

Hi guys, school started back this week. I am once again very bogged down. I am taking an 8 week course, so things are very fast paced, to say the least.

Trying to do workouts with the plan as much as possible. Following her undulating schedule does have too much leg work at times, so I am subbing in other workouts at times when I need to tone it down a bit. All our snow is gone and last weekend we actually went on an 18 mile bike ride, it was around 60 degrees. I will be fine if we don't get any more snow, that will make winter easier to navigate through.

Looking forward to this weekend, it's almost here!

Melinda - So glad to see you :D! Wow - we've been in the single digits/teens so it definitely sounds like a heat wave where you're at :eek:! I know what you mean about the legs - that's the beauty of just doing the strength part of CLB - short and sweet :cool:.

Wow, 60 degrees?! Wonder what that's like? I think I have forgotten what warm is....warm to me is above freezing. We're doing a happy dance because it might hit the forties! I'm sure Lita is in the same boat.

I'm still sore from the little of CLB that I did (well, I did do Zumba yesterday, but I don't think it adds much to my legs....well, maybe it does...all that dancing.

Rhea - I am definitely with you! Shoot, I was thrilled when we got above zero ;)! They keep promising the 30s/40s but we've yet to get there :rolleyes:. Still, the upper teens/low 20s is better than the negatives :p!

Man - you must have really worked that cardio along with the strength on CLB :eek:! You are making me REALLY glad I skipped the cardio the day I did it :p!

Well, here comes the cold. Suppose to get in single digits this week. BUT, we were in upper 40s yesterday (Sat) so DH and I went on a 6 mile hike. Last year we were hiking on a flat open area, so had to limit days we could walk because the wind would make it very cold. Now, we are walking in the woods, kind of in a low area by the creek, and the wind is blocked for the most part by the trees and higher land. Makes it a lot better. We've managed to do some sort of walking/biking one day a week on the weekend and it is so nice.

Today I'm doing upper body wt work, I just decided to skip a few days on the rotation and move on, there were too many leg days in a row. My legs are sore from the hike, we had a lot of hilly areas and were moving at a good pace.

Hope you all can get above freezing at least, it will feel like a heat wave.

Melinda - Wise idea to skip that leg work! I'm sure the hike was plenty :). Hope you aren't cold too long!

Hi babes! Good to see all of you are not frozen! I am with you Rhea on wondering what 60 degrees feels like! We've been in the 20s and 30s for 2 weeks. But no rain which was awesome. It came back today and warmed us up to a balmy 35. But I'll take it!

Still taking BB out at night for a jog or run, managed to do it last night and tonight. Wasn't able to get to the new series last week but did IMAX 2 for the first time in more than a year and later in the week did Cross Fire for the first time. Skipped any Hiit stiff though. :) It wasn't as hard as I feared so that's a good thing.

That's great you all are doing a rotation! I can't keep up with one right now so I will live vicariously through you! I did the CBS Burn Set yesterday (I liked it but need to adjust my weights a little) and will do Bi's and Tri's tomorrow. Plan on doing the Leg workout without the standing portion Friday. Glad Cathe has that in a premix.

Things are getting closer with the house. No move in date yet and I've been quite the lazy girl when it comes to packing. :p Hoping to take a few days off soon to get a dent in that. They keep me too busy at work. :mad: (But I love the job, don't get me wrong. :cool:)

Here's to warm weather for everyone!

Tracy - So glad you could pop in - I was getting awfully lonely here by myself :(! I'm sure you'll be a packing dervish once you know a move-in date :cool:. I personally don't think Cross Fire or To The Max are nearly as good as After Burn and - well, whatever the other one was in the LI series :eek:. Just a case of "new and improved" not beating the original. But of course, maybe it's just ME ;).

Gosh, I'm obviously here alone again :confused:.... Hope everyone is well!

OK, I need help, ladies. Never having been to any of these places, I need some imput from you more knowledgable folks :). Which store has the best stuff?:
Bath & Body Works
Bed, Bath and Beyond
Pier 1 Imports
Pottery Barn
Williams Sonoma (the main store or WS Home store)

Can't believe I'm already in week 4 of the rotation :eek:! It's going by way too quickly. Worse thing is, I still get confused over what's coming up in these workouts :eek:. Don't know why nothing is sticking!

Yep, I haven't been around cause I got the cold back again. :( Hopefully third time is a charm to keep it away.

All great stores, depends on what you are shopping for....I manage to spend money in most of them. :)

Rhea - I am so sorry you got sick again :(! Fingers crossed it's the LAST time!

I'm not shopping for anything. Looking for something different for my sister for her birthday. Thought maybe she'd like to splurge on something for her house. Just kinda trying to keep her from the doldrums since she's struggling so hard financially :rolleyes:....

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.