Low Carbers & Friends - May 2011

Hi babes! Great to see everyone here!

Reece, I did Step Moves yesterday and Core Max 1 today. Great minds you know! I saw your pics too! I'm glad everything is going so well for you--with school and hubby and fitness! And ain't disc 25 of STS a killer?!? :eek:

Rhea! So glad t see you back! And you do need a vacation from your vacation! I'm so happy you can move into your place, you've worked so hard on it--time to enjoy it now!! And thank you so much for the warning about painting--we are going to be doing that. DH is still crunching numbers and we have some things we need to figure out but we hope to have a plan in place by the end of May. As for booty work--what Reece said! :)

Hi Melinda! Great photo! Thanks for posting it! I'm glad you like the new series--I'm pretty excited about it. I ordered the DVDs only as Reece did, I like their portability much more than having to depend on my pooter.

Lita--I couldn't find the photos either but I didn't check the sticky. Hopefully, Cathe will post a link in one of her weekly newsletters. I have to hit the sack now and don't have time to look!

Nice day today and took BB for a walk/run. I think we wore each other out! :p

Tracy - Fingers crossed for those plans :D! As for the pictures - they were from the last series :rolleyes:. I'm not used to stickies being left up that long and never thought to check the date :eek:....

Melinda - Awesome photo :cool:! I like your excuse for not running :p!

Rhea - As Melinda said, you are amazing :eek:! How you get it all done is beyond me! (BTW - in all the years I've known you, you have NEVER had what most people consider a "vacation" - it's always been work, work, work.....)

Reese - Hope all is going well with your finals :)! I really enjoyed the photos in your profile - thanks!!

Hey everyone,

Just started meso 2 today, got a little delayed with it this week because we went biking on Monday at the park. It is hot and steamy here, can't believe it. It's in the 80s. I think we're going biking this evening again to get out of the house.

I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with this class. Yea!

Reece, do you have the whole summer off school?

Tracy, BB sure is keeping you busy and moving. I also heard that having a dog keeps you more active because they need to get exercise. I like the dvds too, for exercise. Too many computer problems to trust a download. I'd probably lose it and then be stuck.

Lita, is it warming up there?

Rhea, that is a really good painting tip for the ceiling/walls.

Melinda - Pretty much the 50s. An occasionally warmer/cooler day but that's okay - I'm in no hurry to mess with the summer heat, believe me ;).

Hey Girls,
Shadow-Finals went well. Piece of cake. Glad to have a break now.

Today was disc 27 shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Then I did Ab Circuits NO Equipment abs. I am so impressed with how much stronger my shoulder is. For overheard press I used 35 lb barbell which is amazing considering I couldn't hold my purse in February! I love feeling stronger.
Been cleaning the house today and getting ready for the reception which is Saturday. Just painted my toes. :)

Melinda- I am taking summer classes as well. I will start classes again on 5/31 and go till 7/22. Then I'm off till 8/22. I'm a Health Occupation major.

I was suppose to do disc 26 plyo legs but I wore heels last night to my dad's concert and he had me run to the band room 2x for music and then a mouth piece. My hip has been pinching and my lower back was quite tense this morning. Hence, I opted to just switch with Friday's workout. Which I think will work perfectly because I will be in my wedding dress again on Saturday and don't want my arms to look puffy from my workout. :p

I also have kind of a dilemma. When I pre-ordered the new series I used the 15% off coupon to get the weighted vest. Now I don't know if I want to do Meso 3 with the squat wrack option of the Plyo leg option. Any input would be appreciated.

Tracy- Great minds! :p Too cute. I need to take some time and go through your facebook!

Later gals!

Reese - So glad those finals went well :D! That is major improvement on that shoulder, too :eek:! As for the option, I didn't have the squat rack so I did the plyo legs. I can say that if you have any hip joint issues, you might not want to do the plyo workouts. They have a LOT of impact in them.

Reese, I did the plyo workouts too.

Lita, I can't believe our weather. It will be 86 today and it is very humid. we went for a bike ride in the evening and it totally zapped me, I'm sure because of the humidity. We both fell asleep early and I got 9 hours sleep, which was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

I'm feeling like I need some yoga today

Gosh, everyone is doing so great!!! I can't wait to workout again. (besides the box lifting,moving, opening type workout.) I'm feeling like the marshmallow puff michelin man. Eek.

Well, I had better get back to work. Little time to play lately. Dang.

Melinda - Oh my, that is NOT good weather to me :eek:! That heat and humidity really saps me, too. That's supposed to be part of the trend now, though - hotter summers and colder winters....

Rhea - Sweetie, we know you're not the Michelin man, silly girl! Sure, you may feel that way BUT you are working on endurance right now. You can hit the weights and work on strength when you get settled. Now doesn't that sound better ;)? Hopefully you'll have more time to play then, too! (I really do understand feeling like marshmallow puff, believe me :rolleyes:. Maybe this is just nature's way of preparing you for menopause.... cause that's about what it all comes down to....)

My hip recovered yesterday with all the stretching and sleeping with a pillow under my legs. So I was able to complete Plyo Legs disc 26 done today. It didn't seem that hard. I used 20's, 15's, & 12's for the wt work. I guess Meso 2 had more impressive leg work with the tri-sets. Either that or HiiT has conditioned me to plyo work. I really think HiiT is much more challenging and burns me pretty good. :) Good workout though.
Checked the tracking for my weighted vest. It's in Texas today but should be here tomorrow.
2 of my sisters and my new sister-n-law are flying to Phx tomorrow. I'm nervous. What a day to fly! lol.
Busy today getting things ready for my reception. Having to drive to Flagstaff to get ingredients for the menu. I'm so excited to see the cake! It will be delivered Saturday morning. We received our flowers yesterday. Stargazer Lilly is what I mentioned a while back as my favorite flower and DH ordered them! Our colors are Navy and silver. I hope to get a lot of pictures Saturday to share with everyone! I'm still on cloud nine and have already been married 2 weeks as of today!
My sisters are concerned about the weather here. It will be mostly in the 80's with little if any humidity. I don't like humidity... yuck! I couldn't imagine 80-90 degrees with humidity. I think I would just not wear any clothes!

Rhea- Your making me crave something marshmellowy.... I've been doing well with clean eating but sometimes I get a sweet tooth and DH gets excited and is more than happy to take me out for something yummy. :)

Reece - you should have a great time!!! Relax and have fun....I'm glad your hip is feeling better. I'm thinking of ordering the tower with the new series. I've wanted to get it for a while, but just haven't splurged. As if I need an excuse to buy something! LOL

geese I was going to post something to you Lita, but I got interrupted by the phone and now I cant remember! Oh well, I know it was something witty, but I'll have to get back to you. Actually, I'm leaving and going home to load up more crap. Oh Joy, I'm soooo excited. I think I'll even go to Wally world first!!!

Rhea- Thanks! I hope everything goes smoothly. I use the tower a lot! I couldn't imagine lifting my barbell up for bench press and rolling back onto the bench with the wt I used in Meso 2 and now even heavier with Meso 3. The tower has been one of my favorite pieces of equipment next to the stability ball. I still do intermediate pull ups though. Kind of scared of advance ones with that much wt and range of motion on my shoulder. Maybe next time around! :p
So I plan on doing Insanity after STS. Any thoughts on that series? It was a gift for Christmas and I think now that I'm not stressed and having anxiety attacks, my body could handle it. I've been doing well with HiiT but I've only been using it for 2 months with this rotation. At first I had to take extended breaks to recover from the intervals. Now, no breaks and handle the workouts just fine. Feeling like a champion! :)

Off to Flagstaff! Later chicks!

Reese - Have a wonderful celebration :cool:!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see pictures :D!

Rhea - But of course it was something witty - I wouldn't expect anything less from you :p! My - you have too much fun planned for this evening - you're wearing me out just talking about it ;)!

Reece, can't wait to see pictures. I hope you're having a good time. And as for humidity, I'm sure you have hardly none. We will have it close to 90% at times during the summer, it is opressive for sure. We went to Utah a couple years ago and one thing I noticed with the low humidity was when you were in the shade, it was cool and in the sun hot. Not here, it feels just about the same temp even if you're in the shade.

Went to class today to find a sub teaching today. The man was very sweet, funny and a nice guy. But....he had a heavy middle eastern accent and was very hard to understand. At one point he said, "do you know why people ____ after they drink pop". I looked at my friend, we thought he said "barf" so I was thinking I didn't really know that people barfed too much after pop, then we finally realized he said "burp". It was pretty much like that they whole time. But he did say some pretty funny things and he really knew a lot of stuff. I fought to stay awake. I was thinking that I could record his voice and play it when I'm having problems sleeping at night and would fall right to sleep!

Got a 100% on my second test! Holy moley, I was shocked about that!

I am into meso 2 now. Did the leg workout yesterday of week 1.

Way to go on that test, Melinda :cool:!!!!!!!! You just keep that humidity to yourself :p. I grew up in PA - and that's definitely one of the many things I don't miss since leaving ;)!

Hi Ladies!
Wow! What a weekend! Had a nice turn out for the reception. That cake was amazing! My sisters showed up Saturday and after the reception my family and my husband's family went camping up at Lake Powell. My sisters freaked when they saw me in my bikini. Now they are both enthused about wt lifting and eating clean. Rana worked out with my mom this morning to Power Hour. She now feels like a total wimp.
I did disc 28 chest/back.

Here is a slide show that my husband put together of our courtship.
YouTube - Our Wedding Slide Show

Melinda- So proud of you! I'm still waiting on results for my Finals. Maybe I'll check and see if they are posted.

Wow - what a slide show, Reese! You make a lovely couple and I wish you many, many years of happiness :cool:!

That was totally cool Reese!!!! With it still raining/snowing/snaining here, made me want to move to AZ!

PS, I'm still moving and am about to start the new BFFM 98 challenge on Thursday. Am I a glutton or what?

Rhea - Well, with everything else being helter skelter, at least you are familiar with BFFM challenges. It's one thing you'll - hopefully - be able to control. Good luck! May it work for you as well this time as it has before :cool:!

Hi Girls!
Glad you liked the slide show!
We've had great weather here since I moved back in January. Of course, I was moving from Bozeman, MT where it warmed up to -5 the morning I was loading up the U-haul by myself in the snow and ice. Lame! My skin on my hands and cheeks turned white and fell off. LOL. So glad to be in the desert during the winter :)

This morning was disc 29 Plyo Legs! After hiking and going all over the South Rim of the Grand Canyon yesterday this was tough. I was also up with hubby a few times in the night. Came home last night to find him coughing and feverish. So I have him home with me this morning. I'm taking care of him giving him herbs and garlic and making him sleep.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.