Low Carbers & Friends - May 2011

Hope DH gets well soon, Reese :)!!!!!!!!!!! There are, after all, better reasons for newlyweds to be up in the night than a bug ;).

Reese, very nice slide show! Thanks for posting that.

Rain and clouds here most of the time, I'd love to be in that sun shine!

Having a hard time motivating myself to do meso 2. I'm doing it, but slowly.

gotta head out, post more later.

Hi buddies!

I took Thursday as a rest day. Needed to recoup from the busy week and I had DOMS from disc 29 Plyo Legs. Go figure! lol :p
Today (Friday) I completed disc 30 shoulders/biceps/triceps. What a tough workout! My arms are so pumped. My biceps were so spent from the curls with 45 lb bb that I just didn't have that much strength left for the concentration curls with 20 lb. I had to cheat the last 2 reps each time. Lame! :( Oh well I felt much stronger with the curls. :p so its ok.

Shadow- DH didn't know what to do with all the attention I was giving him taking care of him. He was skeptical about the herbs, chest rub and teas that I used to treat him. He was back to work next day with a slight cough. :) He was surprised because he never got over something that severe so quickly. :) I win! The other part about having other things to do.... I think he will still be chasing me with his cane or walker. Being sick didn't stop him from flirting. I've kept up on my herbs so I don't get sick. So far so good.

Melinda- It was cloudy, windy, and cold at the Grand Canyon on Tuesday. I did not like it. We maybe camping this weekend at Lake Powell again if DH is symptom free. DH has a pic of me in my bikini top from last weekend. Not sure if I have the guts to post it on here. ;)

Have a good weekend ladies!

Reese - Wise move to take a rest day :). As for DH - definitely keep those herbs handy. Frisky beats sick any day of the week ;) - and anytime you can be the "right" one, it's a good thing :p!

Melinda - Hope you're getting some rest, girl :eek:!

I am officially rested! My new montra (hopefully that I will not stop saying) "I refuse to be an emotional hostage". This is the cause for most of my lack of sleep, I worry about EVERYTHING. It's getting very old, I just don't have the energy to worry. When I feel myself starting to do it again, I say the montra. It's working so far.

Reese, you sure are using heavy weights on the barbell curl. I max at 34# with that. Rest will help you keep strong and help your body resist the germs. Good call.

We're getting a warm up next week into the 80s. I have to travel to Detroit on Monday, will be back late Tuesday. Not exactly excited about that.

We went for a bike ride this afternoon. Then I did B&G abs on the ball. Hopefully tomorrow will be legs.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Hi babes! I have missed you! This past week was way too busy and I'm very glad this next one won't be. :)

Reece, awesome slide show! Thanks for sharing!!! Congratulations again and I wish you many happy years of wedded bliss! Glad you were able to nurse DH back to health so quickly. You go girl! As for the last series Cathe did, I LOVE it! I'm not a fan of Hiit though so I only do the Lo hiit in Intensity. Otherwise, it's a favorite series of mine.

Rhea, you are a glutton for punishment my friend! And your moving workouts are all about endurance like Lita said! I hope you are all moved in soon. Then I want you to take a real vacation and get away from it all! :p

Melinda, congratulations on your 100% test score! That's awesome!!! We are still battling rain and colder than usual temps. :rolleyes: We did have 2 beautiful days this past week but have to wait until Tues. to get another one. I think 60 was our high today. It's good for taking BB out for a run, but we're all sick of it here! However, I think I will take what we have over the humidity you suffer from. :(

Lita, thanks for the info on the photos being from Cathe's last series. I didn't have any luck finding anything and gave up pretty quickly. :D

The workouts were few and far between this past week. I did a 9 minute wall squat at work on Friday (yes, I stood up when I needed to) because it was for someone's birthday. Whatever age you are turning, you add the 2 numbers and do a wall sit for that long. Someone turned 45. Well guess what? None of the group wants to do a 12 minute wall sit when my birthday comes around! Slackers. :cool:

Have a great week babes!

Good morning everyone!

Reese - awesome slide show. Glad that hubby got over that yuckiness real fast. It is amazing what herbs and rest can do.

Well, I have been busy moving still. Packing up is easy peasy. All that un-packing, yuck. Takes forever. I finally have a bit of room so that I can workout. So hopefully today I can squeeze in a workout after I get home. today was the first day of commuting, so I only made myself get up early and no forced early, early workout. I think that will come later in the week. I have plenty of movement with this moving crud, I can't believe how sore I am from unpacking boxes. I suppose it is because of all the standing and walking around the house looking for that thing that I just had...did a lot of that this weekend. The cats must have kept moving things just to mess with me.

Well, I had better get to work, bossy boss is gone again this week and I get to handle everything. Oh joy.

Melinda - Way to go with that mantra :D! I'm usually good with them for a short while but then I slack off :eek:. They do help me, though, so hopefully yours will continue to help you!

Rhea - Gosh - I must put in MILES walking around wondering what I just did with something :eek:. Sure am glad to know it's not just me :p! Sounds to me like you're getting more than enough workouts in :eek:!

Tracy - Great to finally see you :D! What a bunch of chickens - not wanting to do wall squats for 12 minutes, I just don't get it ;). Shoot fire - I'm impressed you're doing them for any length of time - if find a slow 8 count more than enough for me :p :eek: :p!

Hi Girls!
Saturday was Cardio Core Circuit. Sunday- Rest. Monday HiiT 40/20. I switched the HiiT workout to today bc I just don't want to do HiiT on Tuesday and then Plyo Legs on Wednesday. No thanks. :p I'm a woos I'll admit it!

It seems like everyone has been busy. I'm bored out of my mind. Classes start again on the 31st and I can't wait! lol.

Tigger- For some reason you wall squat brought back memories of those stability ball wall squats in Meso 1. Rough, tough stuff.

Think I'm going to go do chest/back so that I have all my workouts done by Friday this week and have the weekend free. Not looking forward to those dead lifts today. Yikes!

Hey Chicks!
Made it through wk 3 chest/back. That was tough! I still can't follow the 1rpm for dead lifts though. It said I should have lifted 93# today! I know my forearms aren't up for that. I did fine at 70# that got me good!
The top of my right foot is stinging when I walk. I wonder what I did to it. Could it be from HiiT yesterday?

Lots to do today! Back to cleaning.

Quick update. No workouts for me the next couple of days. Had two wisdom teeth pulled yesterday so I'm down for the count. Dr. said not to do anything to get my hr up. Lame. I guess that got me out of plyo legs today. LoL. I wonder when I can start up again.

Hey Reese - hope you are up and about soon!

Me, started back up on the workouts Monday. Trying to get used to the new schedule, up early and driving. Haven't started the workouts in the morning yet...baby steps man! I should be starting P90X today. I have to do the fitness test first, but that isn't too bad except for maybe the pull-ups, I'll be lucky to get 1/2 one done.

Okay to work, got lots to do. Have a great day and wonderful Memorial day weekend!

Hi everyone,

Well, it's been a busy week at work. so glad for the 3 day weekend! I have class tomorrow, though. Another test as well. not feeling as prepared for it. It is what it is.

Reese, those 1RM can be dangerous and you're only as strong as your weakest link, so maybe the legs can handle it, but the arms won't.

Tracy, we've had a cool down. Constant rain as I'm sure you are all seeing on the news. That stuff from the midwest heads right for us. It's suppose to get to 90 this weekend, not fun.

Lita, I am also a "where did I put that" kind of person. I am good about putting my keys and purse in the same spot every time.

Rhea, I used to exercise early, but switched to later. I actually have more strength later in the day, don't think I'll ever go back to the early workouts. Let me know how P90X is. I mentioned wanting to get it here before but never did.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Rhea- glad you are back to the workouts. I'm jealous. I think I'm going to be off longer than I thought.

Melinda- Hope you did well on your test. I start back with classes on Tuesday. I don't think I'll be up for it though. It has been super windy here. Yuck!

Been a rough weekend. Spent Saturday in the ER and Sunday under observation. I'm home now and doing much better. Still taking it very easy. I ended up with a severe infection in my jaw and throat and dry socket. My pain level was intolerable. Although they tried the ER couldn't relive it for 6 hours till they finally got a regular Dr. in and gave me Demerol (?). Then I was fine. Pucking but fine. lol. Then they put me in pediatrics over night so that my husband could stay with me and be under observation. They gave me steroids to open my air way bc the swelling was choking me. That I think helped me breathe through the night. So glad they didn't send me home till they felt I could breathe and swallow on my own which wasn't till this afternoon. They really dosed me with antibiotics. Not looking forward to rebuilding my flora in my intestines. It could have been worse. Glad I went in when I did or I think they would have had to take an abscess out. I listened to my hubby, when he noticed I had a temperature he took me to the ER. Now just following the treatment of antibiotics and pain meds to keep the pain somewhat tolerable. So much for my 3 day weekend plans. LOL! We were going to go camping up at Lake Powell.
I need to get my wt back down. Went in at 128 lbs now am at 142! They put several bags of fluids in me. My joints are stiff. I know it's fluid wt though. I ate some eggs tonight and the was the first thing I've eaten in a few days. Before that was applesauce and yogurt.
Looking forward to relaxing tomorrow with my husband. Hopefully, no more complications!

Wow, Reese, that sounded pretty serious. Good thing you went to the ER. I hope you are feeling better soon, or at least good enough to go to class tomorrow. What are you taking?

Sat I had class, got out a little early, around noon. We ended up going for a 14 mile bike ride on some bike trail. It was nice, only about 78 degrees.

Sun the heat began. We were pooped, didn't feel like doing much. We did go for a walk at 8pm in the neighborhood.

Monday we got some sort of energy back and have done a ton of things around here. Started with planting the tomatoes. We also put in cucumber, squash and string beans. We'll see how that all goes. Hey, all that is is putting seeds in the ground and watering and seeing what happens. The tomatoes take a little more work, we had them started inside and had to plant them, stake them and tie them up. It is still hot here, but we did that at 9:30am.

I also weeded around the house and DH power washed everything in sight! Also got the bathrooms cleaned. He's finishing up, then we're resting the evening. I managed to do M2W3 back/bi from STS while he was power washing. I am DONE for the day!

Hope you all had a nice weekend.

Reese - What an experience :(! I hope you can now heal with no more troubles!

Melinda - Fingers crossed for those test results! Please take it easy in all that heat :eek:!

Rhea - So glad to see you :D!

Tracy - Hope you're hanging in there :)!

Here is the June thread.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.