Low Carbers Challenge - June 09

Hello!

Not sure what I'll be doing this week. I think I will do a combo of CLX and the YBB. My shoulder acted up and doc put me on some stronger arthritis meds for a month. Also supposed to do some stretching to try and get rid of the impingement. We'll see.

I'll probably try checking in and posting from work for a while since DH is home. I never get to the computer anymore! Darn him, keeping me busy.:eek:

OK, I did STS meso 2, week 1 back/bicep. Boy do I have DOMS in my back. I am definitely liking this series better the second time through. The DOMS seems to last about 3 days! Didn't happen like that the first time. What's up with that???

Have a good week everyone!

Rhea - So glad to see you :D! Ouch - that shoulder impingement sounds nasty - my thoughts are with you on that, my friend :(! Why is DH home:eek:??? And is this a good kinda busy he's keeping you ;)????

Melinda - Wow, that sounds like you're getting awesome work in with STS this time around :cool:! I don't know about you, but I always have a certain kind of hesitation the first time I try a workout :eek:. So even though we'd done 1RM and all that, for me some weights were really off and there was a big learning curve. So I'm pretty sure I'll feel it much more the second time around too :rolleyes:.

Hi babes! I sure hope DH is keeping you in a good kind of busy Rhea although him taking over the pooter is NOT a good kind of keeping you away! :( Did that even make sense?!?

Melinda, I remember you saying that STS the first time through didn't give you DOMS. Maybe, like Lita said she does, you are pushing yourself harder the second time around! I'm glad you are liking it!! I plan to tackle it again in the fall. I did all of the 1RM tests but found alot of them were calculated to high for me and I had to lower the weights but they were still really tough! So I got the ol' DOMS the first time through. I imagine I'll get them again, especially if I up the weights a bit which I haven't decided if I'm going to do that! :p:eek:

Lita, what are you doing this week? Your beloved S&H? Or PS series? I'm doing 4DS, HIS today. I wore 1 pound weighted gloves for the weight work and that was all I did to increase my weights. I'm hoping there's no DOMS tomorrow, for a change! :D

My outing with my friend was a blast! We hiked, did wine tasting, played putt putt golf (horribly, probably because we were also drinking wine!), had mineral baths and wraps (instead of massages) and talked non-stop. It was awesome!

Have a great week babes!

Tracy - I am sooooo glad your trip was a blast :D!!!!!! But I'm glad you're back now ;). As for workouts, I decided to go with PS and do more endurance (although I'm pushing as hard as I can). I just don't want to end up lopsided since I'm not really working my lower body :p. Besides, I figured between STS, 4DS & the last two weeks I've probably focused on strength long enough. However, I surely didn't feel strong this morning doing BBA :rolleyes:....

Hi Everyone,

Mon. I did Drill Max cardio section only. My heart held out great, I made it all the way through and didn't get sick, etc.

It's Tuesday and the DOMS is gone in my back. So it's lasting about 3 days each time. Today I'm back to Meso 2 week 2. I think I'm focusing more. I am for the most part using the same weights I did last time, but I think I'm giving it more my all. I really don't know. Don't have that dread factor like before.

Lita, yes, I do not usually do as well when I first get a workout. I have to get used to it. But you'd have thought since Cathe repeated certain things in STS I would have been in the groove with it. I think some of it was mental. Now that I'm not feeling like I "have" to follow the series, I'm doing it. I guess I do better with shorter commitments, the 3 month thing was too long for me. I'm just focusing on meso 2 for now and will probably take a few weeks off, then go to meso 3

Tracy, that sounds like so much fun. Did you like the wraps. I think I'd still prefer the massage.

Rhea, hope you can get some puter time for yourself!

Melinda - That makes absolute sense to me. Hopefully it will be better for all of us second time around. Whatever the difference is, I'm so happy it's working so well for you :D!

Hello!

Just not home enough to get on the puter. Out golfing or wood scouting or whatever. DH is home for the summer. Darn school people. Well, technically he is going to go back to the local school to teach, so he is home for good. Just on the q.t. right now, so don't tell, 'k? It is great to have him home, I just have a problem with being out of my routine. Now I need to get another routine going. Even the animals look at me like, huh? We're not supposed to be doing that right now?

I've been busy with hiking in the woods in the heat. I thought that was enough yesterday afternoon. Today though, I'm going to get a YBB workout squeezed in before ladie's golf night.

Talk to you later!

Rhea - I won't tell a soul :p! But I take it this is really a good thing - once you get used to it again, right ;)? At least you won't have to spend half your time on the road now traveling to see him!

Rhea, I know what you mean. DH got laid off from work Mar 31st and has been here. It throws things off, but it's nice he's here. But I work from home part of the time and so it can be a distraction to have someone here, not as quiet.

WED may be a rest day for me, will have to see. No DOMS yet from yesterday's workout, but it has a way of creaping up on me, so we'll see what happens

Nope, didn't get a workout squeezed in before ladie's golf. Golfed nine holes with DH though. Then this morning was up realllllllly early and went to the woods and cut wood. Thought that lifting 50-100 lb tree logs was a pretty good weight workout for me today. Darn some of those suckers were heavy! I'll be repeating that workout tomorrow morning. The only thing I don't like about it is when the tree is actually "felled." Scary to help, then watch it fall, well, while you are running to make sure you don't get hit by any flying branches. Them are big trees!

Have a great rest of the day!

Hi babes! Your secret is safe with me too Rhea but I will say a small yippee!! that DH is home for good!! And cutting down trees, running away from them and choppiing and moving wood is a HECK of a workout! Glad you're getting alot of golfing in too!

Melinda, I remember that rotations aren't your favorite! :) Will you stick to doing STS like you are now or will you do the 3 month rotation again someday? Did you get any DOMS from your last workout? Doing 4DS this week with just a little more weight has let me avoid DOMS for a change! I've made some notes as to what was really challenging and what to do next time. Hey! How is DS doing in CA? I didn't know DH lost his job, I'm really sorry that happened.

I did like the wrap! It was calming and warm and for some reason, my mind raced. (My friend's mind raced too.) It was different since I had never had one before but I do prefer massages. But the mineral bath and wrap were free so it was great!

Lita, I'm kinda with you on the strength workouts, but I think I may tackle S&H next week since it's been ages since I've done them. Plus, it's getting hot here and that series is great to do in the heat! I just gotta remember to add a little weight to all my workouts rather than get complacent again!

I won't be back for a few days, so I hope everyone has a great 4th of July holiday!!!

Last edited:
Just popping in to Say HELLO!!!! and HOW is EVERYONE?

I thought I lost you!

I'll have to update you guys later. I'm very busy!

~Reece~

Hi Reece, it has been a long time since we've seen you! Glad you stopped by.

I'm in the second week of Meso 2. Did legs today. Not getting DOMS like last week. I think maybe I got it bad the first week because there was about 3 weeks where I was away from STS

Happy 4th of July!

Hi Reece! Glad you found us!!

Looks like Melinda started July thread so I'm heading over there now. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.