LiveFit-Jamie Eason

slenamond

Cathlete
Anyone here done LiveFit with Jamie Eason? If so, would you share your experience? I'm interested in James Wilson too.

Thanks!

Sharon

I did it last year after a round of STS, which is basically all LiveFit is. It was fun! It was different to have to keep track of the time and my reps without Cathe doing it for me (lol!), but it was very enjoyable. I printed everything out and kept a binder. Do it! I love Jamie. I wish she would do DVDs.

Jamie's page at bodybuilding.com has all the details as well as some before and after photos of those who did the program. Even Jamie stopped training for three months and ate crap do she could do the program along with us and track her own changes. However, Jamie's pudgy body was my dream, so...:)
I wish I could say that I got cut and lean from it, but I've been training hardcore for the last 11 years, and still look like mushy garbage despite all my work and an extremely clean diet. ??? I can't figure it out. I wish I looked like the above mentioned blogger! Her results are pretty typical of most who did the program and posted pics. You should do it!

Wow, I just watched the 3 videos that go along with each of the three phases...very professional. I really like when she highlights the muscle being used. I am really interested in trying her program now. Let me know if you decide to do it.

I just purchased BeachBody's The Beast Workout.
This is very appealing to me. I love Jamie Easton and the before and afters are impressive.
I wish Jamie would do DVD workouts too.

Is this a free program?

Okay, I see it's free. I'm going to keep this for future use. I was planning to use STS and The Beast workouts this winter....hoping to gain more muscle and improve bone density.;)

Last edited:
DixieGirl said:
I've been tempted to try it but I would cut back on the cardio.

There's very little cardio in this trainer. You don't have any for the first month, and in the second and third phases you only have four 30 minute cardios per week. Not much at all.

I can't follow her diet...too many starches for me. Grains are the devil in my diet.:( I do better with fruits and veggies for carbs.

fit44 said:
I can't follow her diet...too many starches for me. Grains are the devil in my diet.:( I do better with fruits and veggies for carbs.

I didn't follow her diet either since I'm vegan. The only grain I eat regularly is oats for breakfast, but all other carbs are fruits and veggies and a sweet potato here and there.

I'm really interested in doing this program but don't have access to a gym. The first stage looked like I could do most exercises with dumbbells or bands except for the leg exercises. Maybe I could just sub Butts& Guts for those days? Does anyone know of a site or list of alternative exercises for home? I know she has an "emergency" home alternatives page but that seems like a 1 or 2 day option not for the entire program.

SaraFit said:
I'm really interested in doing this program but don't have access to a gym. The first stage looked like I could do most exercises with dumbbells or bands except for the leg exercises. Maybe I could just sub Butts& Guts for those days? Does anyone know of a site or list of alternative exercises for home? I know she has an "emergency" home alternatives page but that seems like a 1 or 2 day option not for the entire program.

I don't have a gym membership, and I did her program last year. For the leg exercises you can sub lunges and high step ups. Or do butts and guts that day!

I don't have a gym membership, and I did her program last year. For the leg exercises you can sub lunges and high step ups. Or do butts and guts that day!

Awesome thanks! As soon as I can pick up the overhead door attachment part for the bands I'll be all set to go. Going to use After Burn and Athletic training for the cardio in part 2 :)

SaraFit said:
Awesome thanks! As soon as I can pick up the overhead door attachment part for the bands I'll be all set to go. Going to use After Burn and Athletic training for the cardio in part 2 :)

I love your cardio idea! I'm thinking about starting this program over again. I really liked it the first go around. Also, I forgot to mention that I did ball roll ins in addition to the lunges to get into my hamstrings a little more.

I would like to do this program but it seems time consuming. For those of you who have tried it approximately how long are the work outs? The diet seems good but I know it changes as the weeks go on.
For those of you who tried it what type of results did you get? Did you follow her diet?

wonderwoman said:
I would like to do this program but it seems time consuming. For those of you who have tried it approximately how long are the work outs? The diet seems good but I know it changes as the weeks go on.
For those of you who tried it what type of results did you get? Did you follow her diet?

The workouts take about an hour. The second and third phases take closer to 90 minutes on the cardio days. You just have to pay close attention to your rest periods and not take longer than those 30-60 seconds.
I did not follow the diet because I am vegan, but it gets fairly intense as Jamie teaches you how to carb cycle and all that stuff. For your calorie guidelines she has you take your ideal weight or goal weight and multiply by 10 for your starting point, then add 200 for upper body days and 400 for lower body days. Your second and third phases will use the 400 more often since you have cardio four days a week. So you'll probably be eating in the 1400-1600 range. That was already my range, so it was not a change for me. No doubt, you would get amazing results following her plan- and it is the same plan she cycles through to stay photo-shoot ready at all times.
I had wonderful strength gains using this program, and it was interesting to keep track of everything myself rather than having Cathe do it for me, like with breaks and weight suggestions. It's a very solid program.

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate the break down but unfortunately I don't have the time to commit to that. I wish I did :( With 3 girls working full time husband etc etc...... These days it's 30 minutes and out. Thank goodness for Cathe's premixed.

wonderwoman said:
Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate the break down but unfortunately I don't have the time to commit to that. I wish I did :( With 3 girls working full time husband etc etc...... These days it's 30 minutes and out. Thank goodness for Cathe's premixed.

I hear ya. When my kids were little, 30-45 minutes was the max. It's nice to have a little more time now that they're older. It's still a huge commitment even with time to spare.

If anyone is interested in doing this along with me, I can start a check in. I plan on starting Thursday or Friday once my ac gets replaced and it's cool enough to workout again.

I will be starting this training program after I complete STS this month. My husband and I are going to do it together starting in August. I'm excited!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.