Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Today I did Boxing Boot Camp scrambled #1 double it, 52 minutes, 121 average, 155 max heart rate, 342 calories, 4,701 steps. I then did another youtube Sarah Beth Yoga, 30 minute, morning yoga, 29 minutes, 48 calories. Total time was 83 minutes, calories burned 390.

Belinda, I love to eat too. I find eating healthier though makes me feel better. I still have some cookies or whatever I happen to back for our family days. But, I still predominantly eat Paleo loosely unless I want to go for a stricter version like Whole 30. There are loads of yummy dishes that can be made and I like trying new recipes :) Nice workout today.

Doreen, I don't mind doing the same warm up again. Then again, if I do some other cardio before the weights I might skip the warm up. I still think it was odd that Mixed Impact cardio was alone one day and the next was with the pull day. I did it that way though. I doubt I will be doubling Shred next week.

Diane Sue - high fives on your BC double workout. Sounds like a fun one. I love YT yoga workouts. Some many great ones. Eating healthier makes me feel good too. I do like a cheat day once in a while. I heard good things about Whole 30. Need to check it out.

Reactions: WD
Belinda, as we talk about this, I am having homemade apple pie made with the cinnamon roll looking pie crust. I used a butter crust and wanted to try out my new Kitchenaid attachment that was awesome for the apples. It peeled, sliced, and cored them so fast :) The pie was yummy. Now if I can just get my husband to hurry up and eat the rest of the pie I will be fine :) I ate well otherwise. Sweet potato hash with mushrooms, onions and seasonings topped with two eggs for dinner. A taco salad with homemade whole 30 dressing and topped with ground beef, avocado and tomatoes. No tacos. LOL But, I fully planned on the pie.

Good morning,

STS M3 D33 + SBF LB Barre (27 min) is done.

Diane Sue - your apple pie sounds amazing. My mouth is watering, lol. I don't follow Whole 30, but when we eat tacos I usually use lettuce instead of the taco. You sweet potato has sounds so yummy. I do have a sweet tooth, but I don't like to back. I like to cook.

That's it for me today. Have a great Friday, everyone.

I skipped ahead on the rotation because I chickened out on Shred Cardio this AM! I did Low Impact Cardio this morning and then did KCM Circuit Burn premix total circuit. The LI workout is growing on me. Now that I know what the moves are I think I can put more into it. There is just that one move the squats on the gliding rotating quarter turns into air jacks that I haven't gotten yet. I think they jack their feet in opposite to a regular jack where you jack feet out first? (maybe?) and that throws me? I dunno- I cannot stay on sync with them on that one move.

Anyway- have a great Friday everyone!

Belinda- 2lazy4gym has her review posted on the blog if you want nitty gritty details. I absolutely loved Kickbox and Kettlebell and Lower Body Tabata. They were my two favorites. I feel like of any instructor Kelly has the most unique cardio and metabolic moves that you don't see elsewhere... maybe because I don't have a lot of her stuff. Some of the Build & Burn premixes are already on her vimeo channel if you want to just sign up and try it some month instead of owning it. The Build & Burn premixes were as good or better than the workouts as filmed.

Today, I did Fit Split Bootcamp/ legs glutes timesaver mix 4 which was on the schedule, Legs and glutes + abs, 56 minutes, heart rate 108 average, max 163, 276 calories, 1,976 steps. I also did Kelly Coffey's Athletic Conditioning 1 workout 2, stretch, 25 minutes, 47 calories. Total time 81 minutes, 323 calories.
weights step is high step with 3 risers
deadlift 30#dbs 12 reps
squats 30# dbs 12 reps
rear lunge off the step 15# dbs hard to count with all of the pulses and single lifts
forward diagonal lunge 15# dbs 16 reps
push dips off the step 15# dbs 13 reps and 3 sets of 7 pulses ??
deadlift 30# dbs 12 reps
cross back slide lunge 15# dbs 7,7,3,3,3,3, 15 pulses
slide side lunge 15# db
elevated lunges 15# dbs lots of pulses didn't count them
single leg deadlifts 20# db

Belinda, I love Kelly's Build and Burn Set. I find myself pulling them out and doing them even when I am doing other workouts. Kettlebell and Kickbox is fun, and I like the cardio core workout. There are great premixes on these. The weight work is fun and different like Doreen mentioned. That is a good price for them. I bake a lot. I have grandchildren and family around a lot so I bake :) Otherwise if it were just me, I would not make that many treats. Fortunately I am not a fan of most cake and cream pies. I choose things I don't care for a lot of the time so I won't be tempted to check them out :) BTW do you make the German dishes or do you buy the stuff in the store that I see on your MFP ?

Doreen, I think I rather liked the turns part with the jacks. I have done so many of her other workouts and Piyo with Chalene that I have no problem with it. You will get used to it. I hear you on Shred. I have it with Push tomorrow and am wondering how my legs will fair after doing the leg workout today. It suggests you have the option to double it next week :0

Diane Sue - I preordered the set on Amazon. I have until March to decide if I really want them. It's an amazing price, IMO! I was born and raised in Germany. Every German meal I make, I buy online (like German Deli.com or at German Gourmet in DC). Or my sisters in German sent me stuff I need. My sister sent me a xmas box with lots of goodies. All the products are from Germany, little pricy but worth every penny. Thank goodness for the internet, lol. I tried to cook with American ingredients but it's not the same. It just doesn't taste the same as you would eat in Germany. I rather spent a little more and my German food is amazing. My mom was a professional cook. I learned to cook from my mom. I can't give up my German food :) My husband and kids love eating German food. Maybe one of those day's I open up a real German restaurant. I haven't found one yet here in the US, that has REAL German food. LOL! To answer your question, yes I cook very German meal I post on MFP. I cook very day. I don't eat a lot of cake. The cakes here in the US are different than what you get in Germany. I find most cakes, cookies way to sweet for me. I do back a German Strawberries cake in the summer. The cake is very light and yummy.https://www.oetker.de/rezepte/r/erdbeerkuchen.html My daughter loves to bake. I can back but I prefer to cook.

Belinda, I bet the food is wonderful that you cook. The only cake that I make that I really like is a pound cake that I make from scratch with cream cheese and real butter in it. It looks much like your cake when I put strawberries with it. LOL I can't read the recipe, but husband said if I copy and paste it I can translate it. :) Thanks. I detest packaged mixes for cakes and cookies. I think people now don't realize how good stuff used to taste compared to now. Too many artificial ingredients added, changes to lousy cheap fats, emulsifiers, preservatives, and dies to make things look (better) after they ruin the original product.

Yes, you have plenty of time to read peoples thoughts on the Build and Burn workouts and reviews etc.. I enjoy them and am pleased that I purchased them when they came out as a pre-order.

Diane Sue - I have no idea if the cake recipe is good or not? I just was looking for a pic to show you. If you try to do the cake make suer you use ONLY German ingredients. I promise, I tried using ingredients from the grocery store. It's doesn't taste good at all. Big difference if you buy all German ingredients. I will think about KCM new workouts, I may not want them at all?

Since I did LI yesterday I decided to just do the Metabolic portion of FS this morning. Only its been a while since I rode my new bike so I did it "Home Gym Interval" style. Which worked really well. I rode about 5 min to warm up and then hopped off and did the first exercise of Metabolic Conditioning. Then hit pause on the video and hopped back on the bike for another 1-2 min. I just kept doing that through all the exercises. It took about an hour and I loved it. First- its good to get a break from the bike and second I don't find MC very intense so adding cardio intervals between the weights was perfect. And I got to read some while I was on the bike because I wasn't following a video for that part.

Today's workout was Fit Split Cardio Shred/ Push, I did Cardio Shred by itself then Push skipping the warm up. Cardio Shred timesaver,224 calories, heart rate 136 average, 160 max, 2,612 steps. I thought I might use the rebounder for some of this, but did not find it was something I could do. I am not jumping on and off the rebounder like that. I then did Push which was 33 minutes without the warm up and with writing things down. Calories burned 159, heart rate 103 average, 128 max, 473 steps. I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped advanced active stretch, 28 minutes, 62 calories. Total time was 90 minutes, 445 calories.
Weights
Bench Press 20# dbs x 10,8,8 reps superset with chest flys 15# dbs 10,8,8 reps
Knee tap push ups bodyweight 10,8 reps
plyo push ups 20 reps (10 wide 10 close)
alternating close grip bench press 20# x 16 , 12,8 reps superset with lying extension 35# barbell 10, 8,8 reps
dips 35# barbell 32 reps
shoulder press 35# barbell 10,8,8 reps superset with goal post 15# dbs 10,8,8 reps
front squat 40# barbell 12,12,12 reps superset with high tight ( I used the fit tower instead of the step) 64 reps at 4 sets of 16 reps of lower and shallow
calf raises 25# dbs 48 reps

Belinda, I will keep that in mind. Only German ingredients.

Doreen, that was a good idea for the Metabolic workout Home Gym style. I like that anyway because I get rather bored just riding on the bike and the weights breaks up the monotony of it.

Hallo everyone,

I just finished a rebounder beginner workout. It was a lot of fun and I wasn't holding on to the handle. I was so confident on the rebounder, I tackled on Tracie Long Focus Series Power Up. It was a lot of fun without the high impact and it was easy on the rebounder to do.

Diane Sue - the reason I say that is...I have a lot of German friends that love to bake and trust me when I tell you it won't taste the same. American wouldn't know, but Germans would :D We all tried it. For some reason, the American ingredients (flour/backing stuff, bread crumbs, potatoes believe it or not isn't the same as we have in Germany). Nice job on your workout.

Doreen - sounds like you had a fun workout this morning.

I will be back tomorrow.

Belinda, I think our country has sacrificed quality for quantity and money over taste. It's too bad. My relatives that came over from Germany had a farm which has stayed in the family. I remember lots of fresh stuff that tasted so good. I think I don't have the taste for a lot of stuff anymore because they have changed flavor so much. I can imagine potatoes. Ha, I found a bag of Carb Smart potatoes at Walmart. Now how they got Idaho Potatoes to be lower in carbs is beyond me. I feel like when I cut them to cook for my husband that they are wetter than normal. I do not eat many potatoes. A baked one once in awhile. I make a chicken pot pie soup that I will add one to. Some things are not good to use a sweet potato for as a substitute for a potato.

Belinda, I translated that recipe and looked up the ingredients. I can get them on Amazon shipped through the German shop. I think I have seen some of these in Sprouts. I purchased the Organic Dr Oetker Pudding mix there before. That is all they sell is that brand of what I want to call gelatin, but there really is no gelatin in it and pudding mix. I will check before I order. The vanilla sugar sounds good. When it says wheat flour, is that white wheat flour, pastry flour ? I am curious on that. I sometimes buy Bobs red mill for pastries. Or is there a special German flour?

Diane Sue - you can find all the ingredients on German Deli.com. It's not gonna be cheap! You probably find a lot of German ingredients maybe in a grocery store that has international section. The floor you can't find, you have to order it through a German online store. American flour is different than German floor. We don't have pastry flour in Germany. Like I said, somethings are different than here in the US. Most German restaurants here wouldn't survive in Germany with the food they serve here. We have a very expensive German restaurant not far from where I live. We went there one time, it was very expensive. The food wasn't German. Although they sold it as German Food. I stopped eating in German restaurants here in the US..

Belinda, i know that there is a couple of stores that has a pretty good international section in the store. I know i have never tasted baked things that were as good as I remember from England either. There used to be a German restaurant here that we went to with friends that liked to go there. I think the main draw was the German Beer selection.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.