Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

Belinda, you are doing great with your workouts. That is a lot of STS :) I love Kombucha tea. I need to go back to making my own. I used to keep two gallon glass jugs going. One would be ready and the other would be in the works so I had some most of the time. I like to make it and put some raspberries and always some ginger in it. You are lucky. I get eggs from my daughter's chickens a lot. Sprouts is a Farmers Market type of grocery store. They carry a lot of local produce and the like. Organic products, and meats are good. I buy grass fed beef. We have purchased out beef from a friend that raises cattle, but have not repurchased since we ran out. He lives further away since we moved.

Thanks Diane Sue! It is a lot of STS :) I never made my own Kombucha tea....wouldn't know how to do it. We live around a lot of organic farms. Lots of fresh, organic food around. Plus I like to support our local farmers. We buy as much as we can local. I do love to shop in Costco :)

Hello all!

Still feeling this lower back spasm or whatever it is in my low back and hamstrings.... weird. Diane Sue- thanks for the recommendation - I looked up and saved several of Sarah Beth yoga to my YT playlist. This morning I did FS Metabolic for the 30 min and then after the stretch did some extra foam rolling. I can do most moves except the deadlifts - those I kept very shallow and light weight. Which is a bummer because I love deadlifting! I looked up a couple more Jessica Smith to request from the library and have to pick up another KCM from the library today!

Today I started with Kelly Coffey Live Amped Up Cardio workout 2, 30 minutes, 230 calories, average heart rate 129, max 164, 2,203 steps . I then did Fit Split Pull only timesaver, 42 minutes, heart rate average 107, max 144, 209 calories, 966 steps. Total time was 72 minutes, calories burned 439.
Fit Split Split Pull weights
one arm rows 30# x 12, 10,10 reps
pull overs on stability ball 112# dbs x 8,6,6 reps done slow
overhand row with 15# dumbbells and med loop x 10,10,10 reps
Deadlifts 45# barbell x 10, 10 reps
upright row 35# barbell 10,8,8 reps superset with rear delt flys 12# dbs x 10,8,8 reps
lateral raise 8# dbs 10,8,8 reps superset with external rotation 5# dbs x 10,6,6 reps
giant set-
barbell curls 35# 10,8,6 reps
w curls 15#,12#,12# dumbbells 10,8,6 reps
sweeper curls 15# dbs 10,8,6 reps
Hamstring roll ins with stability ball approximately 86 reps
regular 16,16, toes turned out 16, 4 count lift 10?, roll in pulse 7 4 times

Belinda, I had read a cute piece on making Kombucha and explaining the scoby and the mother etc.. It was kind of comical. Anyway, I ordered a kombucha kit from Amazon. It was a scoby (slimy looking thing in a tub) with instructions. I have read other stuff since I started though. It is sort of like yogurt , in that you need the starter scoby for it. Once you have that you tend to collect scobys. :)

Doreen, be careful. I hope that improves for you.

Diane Sue - that is so cool about the Kombutcha kit :) I like the Kombucha tea that we buy. If I start making my own, the girl will go out of business, lol. I will look for videos on YT.

Doreen - sorry to hear your back is still bordering you. I threw my back out a few times doing deadlifts :( My PT told me not to do anymore deadlifts. Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited:
Doreen, my low back started bothering me when I started Fit Split. I have made some adjustments and did some stretches and the Sarah Beth yoga and it is feeling much better. I went back to remind myself of some form pointers for those with sciatica and moves to be careful of. I think sometimes I get sloppy with my form and push too far. I know I am not rounding my back.

Good evening,

Today I did SBF stretch workout. DH and I took a short walk outside, it was drizzling outside.

I will be back tomorrow.

Reactions: WD
Today was a rest day. We had a triple family birthday gathering at my daughter's house this aftenoon. :)

Belinda, we really do need some rain. It has been a pretty dry winter so far.

Today I previewed Train Like A Contender which is the KCM I got from the library. And then I did the Sarah Beth Yoga for sciatica for 30 minutes which felt good. I'm starting to actually wonder if I somehow bruised my tailbone.

Any how I think I'll keep it pretty low impact low intensity this week. Maybe just Walk Stong 3 or ICE or something I know is no impact. Walking doesn't hurt at all so that's always an option too.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Today was Fit Split Metabolic Conditioning + bonus abs timesaver mix, 42 minutes, 240 calories heart rate average 104, max 140. I used Map My Fitness calorie burn. I swear my fit bit does not work very well. I have to do my own math on my workouts. I did some stuff with it online shutting off things and syncing and turning them back on like I read to do on their community. It did not help. It suggested that it makes a difference if you use the correct exercise, so I am trying using weights for weights so it supposedly can count calories right. When I got done it said 168 calories on the Fit Bit which with Cathe's workout manager would be in a category with Yoga at 2.7 met. Cathe gives this workout a 8.20 met at 380 calories :0 Anyway, I used strength on Map My Fitness and weights on Fit Bit and Even with the 240 calorie burn I was still at a 5.2 met which is 3 under Cathe's stats. I am just picking the mid range numbers. Map My Fitness and Fit Bit both run of my Fit Bit Cardio and training stats. It just really annoys me. I used Cathe's weights today, even down to the 5's in one move and I am glad that I did because my left shoulder was in some sort of painful spasms for awhile. Afterward I did some stretches and a 10 minute up the wall sciatica workout from Sarah Beth yoga.

Doreen, it is probably best to take it a bit easier. I like that sciatica Sarah Beth Yoga. The one I did today is just the up the wall stuff, but felt good. I did not have much time for it today. If I remember right Train Like A Contender is more of a boxing workout? I remember I rather liked the background music on that one.

Belinda, nice work today.

Diane Sue - I think your fit bit is off too. It only gave you a 5.2 met? Sounds low to me, IMO! Cathy's workouts are very high impact. Be careful with your shoulder. Hope you feel better soon.Nice job today.

Good morning,

SBF D23 UB plus I did my own bodyweight LB workout (squats, lunges a.s.o).

Have a great workout and day everyone.

Today I did Fit Split Cardio Shred only timesaver, heart rate average 132, max 155, 208 calories (Polar)steps, 2,577. I followed this with Ice Low Impact Sweat Blizzard Blast, 10 minutes, 75 calories, average heart rate 139, max 156, 991 steps. I then did the Fit Split Bonus abs, 13 minutes, 69 calories, 173 steps. Total time was 52 minutes, 358 total calories. I used the Fit Bit as well today. Of course it was lower on the calories and a bit lower on the heart rate, but not much. I guess I should be happy my heart rate doesn't run that high. It is supposed to be healthier, but I like to see something for all the work I put in :)

Belinda, I am usually under the workout manager met values and kind of know my range. But, it has been so low on a lot of workouts that I know there is no way I can compare an active workout with a yoga workout met value. That is where it is really frustrating. You are right, I think it should have been higher than the 5.7 met. Today I am pretty sure the shred should have been higher even though I used the Polar calories. I used two risers and did the whole thing how Cathe does with no modifications and it was 6.5 met. I just leave it there. I really think by how hard I felt I was working it should have been at least 1 met higher. I never, never, get up to the 8-10 mets that are listed on those charts.

Diane Sue - my met value is very low too, lol. In one of my other check in...there is a girl she burns very day over 1000 cal. She also said she has a lot of weight to lose. If you burn every day 1000 cal - 1300 cal you can eat and not worry about your weight. I used to have a HR monitor, mine broke a few years ago. Cathy's manager gives me for yoga maybe a 2, lol!

I read an article somewhere on "FitBit Math" and why it doesn't add up..... was an interesting argument that the activity tracker revolution isn't truely reflective of what our bodies are actually doing.... main argument was that the math says heart rate and time equal caloric output but the body's metabolism is smarter than that and will actually adjust to try to conserve energy the longer we workout... or something like that.

I just rode my bike this morning while listening to a podcast. Nothing too intense I did a couple small "hills" but mostly seated for the ride.

Good morning,

SBF LB barre is done.

Doreen - that is interesting. I always wonder about the FitBit Math? I still like having my fitbit, lol.

Diane Sue - have fun with your workout today.

Happy Hump Day, everyone.

Today was Cardio Shred again and I used 1 riser this time. It was so much easier after yesterday. This was 29 minutes, 191 calories, heart rate average 141, max 174, 2,665 steps. This was odd as I compared it to yesterday(one reason for separating this from push) and my heart rate was lower using two risers, less steps, and higher heart rate for Fit Bit yesterday. There was an update yesterday for Fit Bit and my sleep stages did not show up today. This is a weekly thing lately. I then did the push workout 32 minutes, and used a met value of 4.5 175 calories as Fit Bit is always over half as many calories at 81. Map My Fitness said 193, and Cathe has a 7 met value. I figured 4.5 met was a safe calorie burn. Total time 61 minutes, 366 steps.
Weights
Bench Press 20# dbs x 10,8,8 reps superset with chest flys 15# dbs 10,8,8 reps
Knee tap push ups bodyweight 10,8 reps
plyo push ups 20 reps (10 wide 10 close)
alternating close grip bench press 20# x 16 , 12,8 reps superset with lying extension 35# barbell 10, 8,8 reps
dips 35# barbell 32 reps
shoulder press 30# barbell 10,8,8 reps superset with goal post 15# dbs 10,12#dbs 8,8 reps
front squat 40# barbell 12,12,12 reps superset with high tight ( I used the fit tower instead of the step) 64 reps at 4 sets of 16 reps of lower and shallow
calf raises 20# dbs 48 reps

Today's workout was Fit Split Mixed Impact Cardio mix cardio only, 29 minutes, 192 calories, heart rate 137 average, 164 max, 2,668 steps. I then did the Pull only mix 42 minutes, 219 calories, 114 average heart rate, 170? max, 1,044 steps ?, the steps and high heart rate end seemed off. Total time was 71 minutes, 411 calories.
Fit Split Split Pull weights
one arm rows 30# x 12, 10,10 reps
pull overs on stability ball 15# dbs x 8,6,6 reps done slow
overhand row with 15# dumbbells and med loop x 10,10,10 reps
Deadlifts 50# barbell x 10, 10 reps
upright row 35# barbell 10,8,8 reps superset with rear delt flys 12# dbs x 10,8,8 reps
lateral raise 8# dbs 10,8,8 reps superset with external rotation 5# dbs x 10,6,6 reps
giant set-
barbell curls 35# 10,8,6 reps
w curls 12#,12#,12# dumbbells 10,8,6 reps
sweeper curls 15# dbs 10,8,6 reps
Hamstring roll ins with stability ball approximately 86 reps
regular 16,16, toes turned out 16, 4 count lift 10?, roll in pulse 7 4 times

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.