Like/review/verify/don't buy check in for 2016- 2024

I did go outside yesterday and view the eclipse. Kinda cool - but I definately would have been dissapointed if I had driven several hours to see it!

I woke this morning with a very sore throat. Not sure if it is allergies or something else. So I decided to keep it easy. I did Anarchy Phase 1 Endurance for 30 minutes and then finished with a quick 10 minute shoulder circuit.

Today I did a blender of MTB and segments from LI RWH and ICE. I'm happy. For the first time in the last 5 years of mammograms, they are ok. They told me I can just have a check up next year. No extra films or utltrasounds, no 6 month checkup. Yeah! One less thing on my list.

Doreen, good idea to keep it easy. I know that DH's and my allergies have been much worse this year so far. The eclipse in our area (we were supposed to be 87.9% totality) never really amounted to much. We had big thunder storms the previous night and morning, so it really just was gray here. Too much cloud coverage.

Today the library had the KCM Meltdown DVD that they ordered for me. So I'm looking forward to that heavy bag segment.

Belinda, sorry about Zumba being cancelled.

Diane Sue, that sounds like a good workout today.

Good jobs everyone.

Doreen, maybe it is just allergies. There is a lot of allergens out there right now. I finally got my mold allergies settled down where I can sleep without coughing. I had to get rid of some of the foods I generally eat and stay indoors. You got in a pretty good workout anyway.

Laura, I think that you will like that heavy bag workout on Meltdown. I have to get a mammogram every year. Every few years they do a dexscan and once in awhile they do an ultrasound. Since I had cancer that was contained many years ago and family history of breast cancer and other cancers is high they always want me to do it. I did skip it the last time because when they did tests for the lymph nodes I had a breast mri. No need for the mammogram after all of that. The breast care center called me to see why I had not made an appointment. Every 6 months is quite often.

Today's workout was Cardio Slam, 54 minutes, 349 calories, heart rate 125 average, max 148, 4,029 steps. I sure felt like my heart rate should have been higher than that. If this was not on my schedule today I think I would have done something else. But, that is why I chose a rotation.
The bonus abs was on this from Strong and Sweaty so that was next, 13 minutes, 49 calories, heart rate average 104, max 129, 289 steps :0.
I added on the Fit Tower Advanced Bootcamp mish mosh cardio and abs, 29 minutes, 152 calories, heart rate average 113, max 152, 1,028 steps. Total time was 96 minutes, calories burned 550, Total Steps so far 5,829.

Belinda, it looks like you are getting near the end of STS. Do you have a plan for what's next?

Diane Sue - good job on CS this morning.. Nice step count today. Maybe I'll do the STS pyramid down or Bodybuilding rotation that Cathe posted a few years ago? I don't know with one DH wants to do?

Today I did Low Max followed by the step combos from SJP followed by Body Max 2 stretch (I put the greatest hits dvd in).

Diane Sue, I got the same results from Cardio Slam a few weeks ago. I thought maybe I was modifying too much but maybe not. I get much higher with ICE Sweat.

Belinda, have you convinced your DH to continue yet?

Great workouts everyone.

I did RIPT90 Legs and then Total Body Tamer this morning - skipping the warmup on the 2nd workout. I've been feeling like I've been skimping on the weights lately!

STS total body still hasn't shown up on the daily deal. boo-hoo. I guess I'll just order downloads if it doesn't in the next few days.

Laura, the odd thing with Cardio Slam is my legs were on fire and I was breathing plenty hard.

Doreen, I haven't ordered yet, but will probably order after my birthday this weekend. I want to see what I get first.

Today I wanted a bit of cardio warm up so I did Tracey Staehle Cardio Kickbox Challenge 30 minute premix, 195 calories 113 average 155 max heart rate. I followed with the rotation doing Ripped With Hiit Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, 41 minutes, 177 calories, sverage heart rate 104 max 133. I finished off with Barre Amped Stretch upper and relaxation. 26 minutes 41 calories. Total time was 96 minutes calories 413. It has been over a year since I have done this upper body workout from RWH. I had to lower weights some from a year ago.
Bench press 20's x 12 reps x 3 sets
finisher push up 15 reps
Incline Bench Press 20's x 12reps x 3 sets
triceps push ups 16 reps
Incline Fly 17.5's x 12 reps, x 3 sets
decline push ups 16 reps
super set overhead press 10 reps with upright rows 10 reps 30# barbell x 3 sets
finisher scare crows 5# x 20 reps
superset lateral raise 10 reps 10# with dumbbell front raise 10 reps 15# 3 sets
external rotation lateral raise
overhead triceps extensions 25# x 14 reps 1 set; 30 # x 12 reps 2 sets
finisher dips 20/20 reps
Barbell lying extensions 35# x 12 reps x 3 sets
finisher kickbacks 10's x 20 reps

Today I decided on a rest day. My insomnia has been terrible this week. I only got about an hour of sleep and I woke up from that in a nightmare where someone was killing me. I actually got dressed for my workout, but then thought I just would probably end up hurting myself. My left eye is also really irritated today. I've used about half a bottle of visine on it. So we will try for tomorrow.

Still flip flopping on the new series. I'll probably cave in this weekend.

Laura, I have had so many weeks of insomnia and the last three days I have actually slept pretty well. I am still exhausted though. I guess I am still trying to catch up. I even had an hour and 15 minute nap Tuesday afternoon. That is rare and I wouldn't have realized it was that long , but my Fit Bit picked it up. So many things on the mind it is hard to lie down and just relax. I wake up and all of the problems start rambling through my head in the middle of the night.

Today's workout on my rotation was Ripped with Hiit Legs , 44 minutes, 217 calories, heart rate 111 average, 144 max, 1,779 steps. I followed this with Ice Low Impact Sweat cardio 2 time saver, 28 minutes, 202 calories, heart rate average 126, max 155, 1,824 steps. Total time was 72 minutes, 419 calories. It is raining today and I have to go out and run errands.
weights today
low pulse lunges 25's 24 reps /squat digs
plie squats 40# 16 reps / plie jacks 24
static lunge right side 25's 16 reps/split jumps 24
static lunge left side 25's 16 reps/ split jumps 24
squats 25's 24 reps/ pop squats 24
narrow plie touch down jacks 24 reps
wood chop side lunges 10# 24 reps
explosive side lunges 12's 20 reps
cross back lunges 20# 40 reps / lateral skates
low pulse lunges 20# /power circle scissors after each side
dead Lift 30's 16 reps/ snow angel jacks 20 reps
dead lift wide stance 25's 16 reps / frog jumps with quarter turn 10 reps
walking lunges 15's /scissor wide tuck jump

Last night I actually got a very good nights sleep. This rarely happens. I've suffered from chronic insomnia for over 6 years. I've done all the tests, blood work, etc. Nobody has been able to solve.

So since I was well rested, I tried a bootcamp blend of ICE bootcamp, S&S bootcamp, Cardio Slam and ICE Sweat 2. The blend is about 95 minutes. Good workout. I'm glad I took off yesterday. I was able to come back stronger today. Lifting heavier this week. But not as heavy as you Diane Sue. Way to rock it.

Have a great day and workouts everyone.

Good morning,

Did a walk yesterday. Today I did D30.

My DD is visiting us for a few day's. Went shopping yesterday with my friend and DD. I ended up with over 20K. Lot's of walking. Tomorrow I will do Zumba. Finally!

Laura - I am also looking at this rotation:

Do STS in its entirety.

Take one week off.

Do Gym Styles for one month!

Do the low impact series for two weeks.

Do Four Day Split for one month.

Do Shock Cardio Series for two weeks

Do STS Meso two and Meso three

Good job, everyone.

Belinda, yikes with the Gym Style for 1 month? Does it add in other Hardcore Series with it? I still dread all those push ups in the beginning of Gym Chest.

Laura, I am glad you got a good nights sleep. It sure makes a difference on how you perform with a workout. I love it when rested and have lots of energy.

Belinda, is that the bodybuilding type rotation? I did one once, but got side tracked when I was doing the Gym Styles. My problem is if I get something new, I want to do it now and not save it for later so if I am in the midst of a long rotation I end up interrupting the whole thing. Shorter rotations work better for me. You won't see me with unopened never tried workouts lying around ;)

This is what I came up with so far. Still haven't figured out the 2 week shock cardio?

Gym Style: 4 weeks
ROTATION ONE: Building Strength

Weeks 1 & 2

Mon: GS Chest/Tri
Tues: Imax 3
Wed: GS Legs plus 1 Coremax segment of choice
Thurs: GS Back/Should/Bi
Fri: Kickmax
Sat: 20 min. light run PLUS one Coremax segment PLUS one Stretmax segment.
Sun: Off (or a segment of Stretchmax)

4DS: 4 weeks
WEEK ONE:

Mon: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back

Tue: Kickbox/Legs & Core

Wed: Yoga/Pilates/Stretch of choice

Thurs: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders Calves & Core

Fri: Boot Camp/Bi & Tri

Sat: off or optional cardio of choice

Sun: OFF

WEEK TWO:

Mon: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back

Tue: off

Wed: Kickbox/Legs & Core

Thurs: off or yoga/pilates/stretch

Fri: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders & Calves Core

Sat: off

Sun: Boot Camp Bi & Tri

WEEK THREE:

Mon: OFF

Tues: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back

Wed: Kickbox/Legs & Core

Thurs: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders & Calves Core

Fri: Boot Camp Bi & Tri

Sat: Yoga/Pilates of choice

WEEK FOUR:

Mon: Slow and Heavy Legs

Tues: off

Wed: High Intensity Step/Chest & Back

Thurs: Kickbox/Legs & Core

Fri: OFF

Sat: Low Intensity Step/Shoulders & Calves Core

Sun: Boot Camp Bi & Tri

Low Impact Series: 2 weeks
WEEK ONE:
Mon…After Burn
Tues…OFF
Wed….Cardio Supersets (OR sub in Cycle Max if you have it OR instead do Slide & Glide in its entirety)
Thurs….Low Impact Challenge
Fri…..Total Body Tri Sets Lower Body
Sat…. Slide & Glide Cardio Portion only plus Total Body Tri Sets Upper Body
Sun….. Yoga Relax

WEEK TWO:
Mon…Athletic Training (or you can instead do Slide & Glide in its entirety)
Tues…OFF
Wed….Turbo Barre
Thurs…. Slide & Glide Cardio Portion only plus Total Body Tri Sets Upper Body
Fri…..Yoga Max
Sat….Low Impact Challenge
Sun….. Total Body Tri Sets Lower Body
4DS:

Shock Cardio Series do 2 weeks ??????

Meso 2 on month

Meso 3 one month

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.