Lifting like girls

Great to have you aboard Lisa!!!! Justine, I agree. If I tried to do the volume you ladies do, death would be eminent!!! (Being a fossil doesn't help) Your 17 sets at a fairly high percentage of 1rm blows me away. I would have to drop to a much lower % of max to "get er done"

I'm not going to embarrass myself by admitting how dreadful my workout was today (DLs and Pull Ups). I hardly ate yesterday (by accident, rather than design) - that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!

Karen - I'm tempted to pull out BB legs again. I remember it being crazy fast.

Cardio leg blast for me today! Not sure why, just haven't done it for an age. Of course, I heavied up - 2x15kg DBs and 4 risers under my step!
It was my arms which were aching the most. I'm not due another strength session until Monday, so I've another decision to make for tomorrow's workout. Suggestions welcome!

Whatcha lookin' for? My reach for is: Afterburn, Boot Camp the original, something from the Low Impact series, yoga, or just a nice long stretch, to get you ready for the strength session on Monday. Have fun!!

Hi everyone,
Great job on your workouts!
Justine, yes, GSF1 implements biofeedback testing in the same way as GSF2. I'm pretty sure much of the instruction manual is the same.
B-boy extensions... you hold a KB (DB for me, by the fat end) behind your back, other hand in front, and sort of dip back and squeeze your glutes and keep looking at the hand in front of you... I'm explaining it terribly, but it feels great!

Today was (conventional) deadlifts, 8x10 at 145# HELLO, CARDIO!
Superset one-arm OH presses and resistance band pull-aparts
Superset slide and glide hamstring curls and hollow body planks
More awesomeness! I'm loving it.

Afterburn, always a winner! But it does leave me burnt. If you can squat the next day, I take my hat off to you!
Another option is just warm-up with a 10-min bodyweight LWF2, kill yourself with a bunch of BB thrusters (6x10? 8x10?), then do the UY yin yoga -- I LOVE that one! They had it on Udaya and it was probably my most-used yoga practice on there.

Hoping to get in some yoga tomorrow and maybe a walk or hike, then Monday is PULL-UP MANIA! :eek:

High fives all around -- enjoy time with the grandkids, kids, spouses (spice?), or whomever you grace with your presences!
Roz

Short and to the point- just like your post!
I was the opposite today- messed around and didn't feel like I achieved much. Should have followed advice and done afterburn or thrusters! Instead I did yayog on the app ( great btw - did 20 mins advanced, wish lwf had an app), then messed about with the bb. Have you seen the dl Molly Galbraith posted? Attach a resistance band to the bb and around the squat rack, then do dls. Makes you really tense your lats! I just didn't do enough of them.....

Oh, Justine, I'm liking this!! Resistance band around the bb, and squat rack, then deadlift? Yes, this is a must do! I feel it already! I gotta go try it, back in a few.

Back to edit. Yes, this is a good one. Keep this in your arsenal.

Last edited:
Karen - the banded deadlift is great, isn't it? Really made me engage my lats.

Today I started week 4 of gsf2 - yet another squat variety ( I've not done the same one twice). Goblet squats. Good and deep, 6 reps per set, 19 sets. Then fast lateral lunges supersetted with crunches. Finished with SHELCs ow.

Roz, those dls do sound like they'd get your heart pumping! I'm learning to use the accessory work at the end of gsf as a kind of finisher.

Tom, how are things?

Karen - the banded deadlift is great, isn't it? Really made me engage my lats.

Today I started week 4 of gsf2 - yet another squat variety ( I've not done the same one twice). Goblet squats. Good and deep, 6 reps per set, 19 sets. Then fast lateral lunges supersetted with crunches. Finished with SHELCs ow.

Roz, those dls do sound like they'd get your heart pumping! I'm learning to use the accessory work at the end of gsf as a kind of finisher.

Tom, how are things?

Can't wait to try gsf2, just sounds so fun and interesting. You ladies are working it!! Tom, how are the Grandbabies?

Grandkids are GREAT!!! Thanks for asking! The bod...not so much!! Y'all hittin it and I'm eating cookies!!! Gotta do what a Grampy gotta do! I WILL be good when I get back. You guys keep " bustin it up " and I'll feel sorry for myself ( physically ) but wallow in my emotional well being!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.