LET'S GET INSANE - Sun, 7/26

HaveFun

Cathlete
Good Morning All!!

Hope you all are having a good weekend. No workout to report yet for me although per the program it is a scheduled rest day. I had considered trying out the upper body weight workout this morning just because I'm curious about it, but both DDs decided to crawl in bed with DH & I last night which means I did not get a great night's sleep :mad: I've got stuff to do for a busy week of work, DD's birthday on Wednesday then we go out of town next weekend so I may just make myself rest as far as working out. I will check in later if I decide to do one though ;) Have a great day :cool:

Good morning! Haven't worked out yet and haven't yet decided what workout to do yet.

I have a question for Chrissy: how does your rotation look combining Meso 3 and Insanity (on a weekly basis) Also, how have you been feeling doing this? It seems like a good combo.

ok, so i opted to go insane today. I did plyo circuit for the 2nd time. Though it was still super hard it wasn't as torturous as the first time. I followed that workout with sts pilates abs. I wanted to know if after 4 weeks of doing the first batch of workouts, if you are still not able to make it through the whole workout without breaks, should one still progress to the longer workouts?

ok, so i opted to go insane today. I did plyo circuit for the 2nd time. Though it was still super hard it wasn't as torturous as the first time. I followed that workout with sts pilates abs. I wanted to know if after 4 weeks of doing the first batch of workouts, if you are still not able to make it through the whole workout without breaks, should one still progress to the longer workouts?

My thought on the "breaks" in the workout .... those doing the dvd must have been through the program before filming and most of them end up taking extra breaks, so I will not be intimidated or discouraged if I need an extra few seconds to jump in and resume my workout.
I previewed one of the 2nd month discs and it wasn't as tortuous as I though it might be, it seems like there is an extra round of exercises to cycle through. Right now I am on the second week and when I did CPR yesterday I wasn't nearly as toasted as the first time I did the workout.

Brenda in Indiana

Good morning, Insanitinas! I did Max Interval Plyo and Insane Abs this a.m. As with previous sessions, the time whizzed by, and in fact I was disappointed that the third drill block in MIP only included one set of each exercise, so I "rewound" and did most of it again, with the exception of the last set of demon push-ups. You know you're working when you're drenched by the end of the warm-up! In my water workout yesterday I deliberately went heavy on the leg work both in the shallow end (jumps, runs and kicks) and the deep end (flutter kick drills both prone and seated) which I think contributed to the oomph factor.

Insane Abs (which is only found in the Deluxe package) was as tough this week as last. Man, it works you! I find it interesting that Shaun forces you to sit in a V-formation or C-formation while keeping your hands placed forward rather than behind the buttocks; I had no idea my core was getting such a vacation when I placed my hands behind the butt and therefore allowed the weight of the torso to rest on the arms and hands. The forward placement of the hands forces my core to "stand alone", as it were, as if it weren't working hard enough with the actual drills! A keeper. A keeper.

One thing I'm already liking a lot about Insanity is that, at least in the interval-circuit / drill-block styles workouts, Shaun does a lot of plank- and push-up-style cardio, as opposed to overwhelmingly leg-cardio that Cathe and Amy do. For me that means that Insanity is a perfect complement to, rather than replacement for, my favorite Cathe stuff!

This coming Wednesday I'm going to give Pure Cardio and the Fit Test a whirl; I may do Cardio Abs again or I may do Ab Circuits Pilates-based or Yoga-based.

Happy workouting!

A-Jock

Happy Sunday Everyone,

I have been getting bored doing the same few videos from month one so I decided to try out the Max Interval Plyo today. Due to a time factor, I didn't do the entire program, just one round of everything. It was pretty fun but I'm not sure I'd say that if I did all the rounds.:confused:

A-Jock, I couldn't do the "demon pushups" they way they were doing them on the video so I did tricep push ups instead. Let me tell you, my tris were burning!

That Shaun T sure is a machine! I like him much better in the Intensity series than in the Hip Hop Abs.:eek: He does a great job of reminding us to keep our form and to squeeze our abs. I also like how he tells us to jump from the bottom rather than from the top. All these years of exercise and I think I may have been jumping wrong.:( My legs and glutes are sure to get toned now!

How does everyone like those diamond jumps? I've never done those before.

I'm excited about tomorrow's workout. Not sure which one it will be but it's going to be one of the Max's. Just can't doing the same things over and over again. Cathe has spoiled me with STS.:)

Have a great day!

I did PCC yesterday. I was struggling through it and did not see an improvement from the 1st workout- i think i did better on the 1st one.

A-Jock-wow, you are a beast!!!! (in a complimentary way) MIP with a rewind and IA.

aveggiegirl-i agree, i like Shaun much better in insanity than HHA. I couldn't stomach him in that.

Day 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U77HuuGgf7w

Ali:D

Well ladies, Pure Cardio was a blast. I had so much fun going full out in this workout, I lasted without a break until the pushup jacks.... I did pause the dvd and get some water, then jumped right back into it.

Aveggiegirl: I agree with you about STS, it is hard to go back to the exact same workout. I am following the rotation as suggested, but I started previewing month 2 dvds so I know what's coming and what to look forward to. One thing i will say about repeating the workouts, I seem to get better each time I repeat. Familiarity with the exercises allows me to go harder each time I do a DVD. I tend to go about 90% the first time I do something, I think I tend to be a little cautious since this 48 year old body does have some "squeaky parts"!

Happy Sunday everybody
Brenda in Indiana

Good morning! Haven't worked out yet and haven't yet decided what workout to do yet.

I have a question for Chrissy: how does your rotation look combining Meso 3 and Insanity (on a weekly basis) Also, how have you been feeling doing this? It seems like a good combo.

Kariev- I haven't exactly figured it out yet. I was just kinda playing it day to day. But this is what I was thinking

Monday-SS run at the gym
Tuesday-Insanity/meso3-SBT
Wednesday-insanity
Thursday-Meso2 legs
Friday-insanity
Saturday- off
Sunday-Meso3-CB

I did my chest and back today. I have such a hard time with bench presses. I am going to be sore tomorrow. I love it:p

have a good night
chrissy

Oh- so far so good. I sometimes get achy knees with too much high impact but I feel good. I have so much fun doing them. I have never been pushed so hard before. I think putting weights in between makes it easier on my joints.

For anyone who has done all the workouts so far- which one is the hardest? Just curious.
chrissy

Yeah, I didn't expect a check-in today and I figured I'd be checking in on yesterdays check-in. Plyo Circuit didn't happen yesterday on the camp ground. It was damp and buggy and I wasn't sure about doing it on the on-even ground.

I did do plyo circuit tonight. Like IseeFitPeople, I didn't see an improvement from the first time either. Maybe I pushed myself harder in the beginning and ran out of steam sooner or it was a time of day issue. My bodies not used to working out in the evening. :confused:

Brenda, I agree about not feeling guilty about needing extra breaks. It's great to see almost everyone else taking them. Typically I just slow down, but tonight I took extra breaks.

I don't recall which exercise was the diamond jumps. :eek:

I can't believe I'm going to be doing Cardio Resistance in less then 12 hours after Plyo... I may regret that. :p

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.