Let me tell you about my BAD day!

Steppingup

Cathlete
I just wanted to tell everyone about my day so you might possibly feel better about your own.

I have been going 90 miles an hour the past few days trying to get Christmas "stuff" done. Tonight is the third Christmas thing we will have went to so far.

My oven has gone flooey. Even on low it burns everything in about 5 minutes. Great time of year for that to happen, huh? I was trying to make party mix and TWICE I burned the party mix. Guess what, we don't have any party mix to eat.

I was putting something in an upper cabinet and accidentally pushed ALL of my cereal bowls out into the floor. Needless to say......THEY BROKE!!!!!!! EVERYWHERE!!!! ALL OVER THE PLACE!!!! It took about an hour to clean that mess up and it was so thrilling to pick glass out of every nook and crany of the kitchen. One bowl did survive but it now has a chip on the bottom. Guess I will be getting new dinnerware. Yippee!

Now, for the second night in a roll my husband, my son, and I are going for an hour ride (one way) for a family "thing". We did not get home until 11 o'clock last night and I was up at 6 this morning. I HAVE to have my sleep and that means about 8 hours. Oh well, I guess I will survive. Anyway, family fun-- can't live with it and can't live without it! (at least I could try). Just kidding, love my in-laws.

Sooooo, I was trying to make some cookie dough truffles and I do not know if they are going to turn out but I have made myself sick eating the cookie dough. And I have not had time to exercise today. Drats!!! Cookie dough and no exercise---not a good combination. Oh well, thems the breaks as they say!!!

I guess I have rambled and ranted and raved enough. Just thought I would make some of your days seem a little better!

Thanks for listening!

Kelly

Hey, believe me I've heard worse. A chef I worked with once told me a story that in retrospect even he had to laugh at. He overslept and had about 45 minutes to get ready and get to the airport and he HAD to get there, so he was in the shower, which if course was ice cold water only and ran out of shampoo. He was running to the bedroom to get dressed fast and he slipped and fell on a big pile of doogpoop, which his pooch left for him since he hadn't been out yet but Dave didn't see it. Then, as Dave is laying there in the poop, the dog comes running up to him, jumps on top of him and was all excited, thinking Dave was on the floor playing, and the dog starts to accidentally pee all over him. Back to the cold shower! Then when he was getting ready, getting dressed, he ripped his pants. And of course, he missed his plane.

Now THAT'S a bad day. The way I see it, and have ever since I heard that story, as long as I'm not laying in dogpoop being peed on, I'm doing ok.

Oh, and just as a side note, I got some great cereal bowls at Ikea that I love. They were cheap, but they're a good heavy, sturdy, deep bowl. Microwavable and dishwasher safe, too! So if you have one around, check out Ikea for you new bowls maybe.

Take care, and cheer up! At least there was no fecal matter involved in your day!

Lex - is this a true story?

Your chef's tale is hysterical. I'm sure it put a smile on Kelly's face - things could be worse. It doesn't matter if it's true, it had me ROFL.

Kelly, my sympathy. You'll feel better with a good night's sleep & probably have a few less mishaps.

My annual cooking making is about to commence. Is this a gender thing or heriditary? DH loves minor mishaps since then the cookies don't get given away.

RE: Hey Lex, that is hillarious

Lex,
That is about the funniest story I have ever heard! The poor guy! That story should brighten anyone's day. I certainly feel a lot better.

Kelly, unfortunaltely we all have days like this, but just be happy it is almost over and so are the holidays. If time permits, you should take a long hot bath and try to unwind. As for eating too much cookie dough, we all overindulge during the holidays. Last week I had my period and two Christmas parties to go to, not a great combination since I am a chocolate hound during that time. I hope tommorow and so on will be a better day for you. Take Care!
Christine

RE: Lex - is this a true story?

I swear to you on a stack of bibles, it is. When Dave was telling the story, you could see it on his face. And even though he told me that story years ago, I never forgot it because I swore I would somehow use it in a script or short story someday. Sometimes truth is really stranger than fiction, isn't it?

Oh Lex, that was hilarious. I did laugh at that big time. Really the day wasn't all that bad. It just seemed like everything was happening at once. Thanks for the funny story. I can see him laying there in the dog stuff with his dog peeing on him. That is a funny picture!

Thanks again! Here's to hoping the next day is better, or at least a little less uneventful!

Kelly

Hey, life's about the journey, right? Just think of your life as one big long funny movie, with bits of adventure and drama. When you have those days, just think about some movie or character you loved and identified with or some similar scene that made you laugh. Because movies are just holding up a mirror to real life, often anyway, and you may as well laugh at your own mishaps too!

Take care, and here's to getting those full 8 hours. I am with you there!

RE: I know the feeling well

Last Mon. we had high winds which ripped my door completly out of the door frame, nails and all. What I failed to realize was that it also tore the roofing off of the back of my house. It snowed really hard, then on Sat. It rained all day long. Soon, my house was leaking and I had christmas gift up in my closet that got ruined. While I drove to pick my daughter up from a party, my van died. And kept dying all weekend. On Mon.(just this past one) I woke up to my dog having ripped open a whole bag of cat food in the middle of the night and chowing down on it while we were asleep. This gave her the poops. So she went, right in the middle of my living room floor. To top it off, she's in heat and tore off her diaper so not only was there poop and cat food on my living room floor, there was also blood. As I tried to take the kids to school, my van died yet again. I finally got home to tell my husband that it was still acting up and he had the nerve to yell at ME! Needless to say, my week has not been very productive due to repairs and wanting to kill my pets and husband.

Aimee

RE: I know the feeling well

Speaking of car problems. On our way to the THIRD Christmas shindig last night we stopped to get gas about one-fourth of the way there. Mike (my husband) noticed a tire was low and when he started to put air in the tire he could hear the air rushing out. Well, we had to go back home unload the car of presents, food, child, and carseat and reload in my husband's truck--presents, food, child, and carseat. We finally made it to the party and we did have a good time.

Well, Aimee you don't seem to be having a very good week either. I hope it gets better. Pets and husbands can really get on your nerves sometimes, huh? Try to think of the good times you have had and you will remember why you have them around in the first place. That's what I do!! :)

Hope everybody's week is a good one and you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Kelly

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.