Leg Workout comaprisons

Viola1625

Cathlete
Hi! I am wondering how x train cardio legs compares to sts plyo legs , and how x train legs compares to sts messo 1&2 legs. Thank you so much!

Hi Viola,

I haven't done the regular XTrain leg workout yet so I can't comment on that one, but Cardio legs is very similar to the plyo legs workouts. It's the same format of a cardio leg exercise and a strength exercise, but for the second half of the workout the cardio sections use a step with 3 risers. HTH, I liked it a lot!

Pam

Xtrain Legs is nothing like Meso 2...I wouldn't say it's like Meso 1 either, except for maybe the bonuses at the end of Meso 1. I sort of think that is is closer to Butts & Guts, but different (if that makes sense). Xtrain Legs is not a heavy strength workout, it is low weights/high reps hitting every angle of your butt and legs using different toys:D!

I love Butts & Guts for the way it works my butt but for the cardio aspect, you are always moving and the heart rate stays pretty high for a strength workout, I feel the same way about Xtrain Legs. It moves fast, no dread, you will sweat and you will not be able to walk the next day!!

Hi Viola,

I haven't done the regular XTrain leg workout yet so I can't comment on that one, but Cardio legs is very similar to the plyo legs workouts. It's the same format of a cardio leg exercise and a strength exercise, but for the second half of the workout the cardio sections use a step with 3 risers. HTH, I liked it a lot!

Pam

Thank you Pam! Are they different enough to get both? Or, if they are pretty close, which would you suggest I get?

Xtrain Legs is nothing like Meso 2...I wouldn't say it's like Meso 1 either, except for maybe the bonuses at the end of Meso 1. I sort of think that is is closer to Butts & Guts, but different (if that makes sense). Xtrain Legs is not a heavy strength workout, it is low weights/high reps hitting every angle of your butt and legs using different toys:D!

I love Butts & Guts for the way it works my butt but for the cardio aspect, you are always moving and the heart rate stays pretty high for a strength workout, I feel the same way about Xtrain Legs. It moves fast, no dread, you will sweat and you will not be able to walk the next day!!

Thank you jdimascio! I was planning on getting the B & G for sure. Is it different enough from xtrain legs to get both?

Hi,
I have all of Cathe's leg/lower body workouts and while some are similar they each have there own "feel".

Butts and Gutts is really the overall leg/butt burner IMO. It's a must have. It's not very cardio based, just lots of weight/strength work. I would buy this one before any other!

The 2 Xtrain ones are very different from each other. Legs/Delts is like BG in that it is more weights/strength. Cardio Leg Blast has cardio segments tossed in between strength work so you get a bit of both. All of the Cardio in this one works the lower body. It's tough, but not as tough as BG. Cardio leg blast to me is more like Lower Body Blast.

Hope that helps. Honestly if you were getting BG and only wanted to get one more now I would get Legs/Delts. And in the future I would get the others. They are all worth having to keep your workouts fresh and muscles guessing!

Elena

Thank you jdimascio! I was planning on getting the B & G for sure. Is it different enough from xtrain legs to get both?

I agree with Elena, B&G is a must have. It is one of my favorites and targets the butt really well. I also love the ab work in this one too. If you buy the DVD, you get a bonus Stability Ball Ab workout, which is awesome too...but the abs in the actual B&G workout is phenomenal!

Xtrain Legs is a bit different. It's broken down into different segments, you have the standing portion, which is only about 8 moves (I think), then you have a barre segment, a ball & chair segment, and a floor segment. I sort of think that Xtrain Legs takes a little bit of the best from other workouts. So it has a bit of a B&G feel, a mini Turbo Barre section, some of my favorites from Lowerbody Trisets, and Lower Body Blast....but Cathe puts a twist on some of the moves that makes it seem like a completely different workout (in a good way).

Anyway, I always say this about Cathe, she knows how to work legs/butts....so you can't go wrong with any of her lower body workouts!!! I hope this didn't confuse you even more!!:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.