Leg/Glute toning rotation

lovebeingfit

I am looking for a rotation to really tone my legs and glutes this spring before swimsuit season. Anyone out there have a favorite that really worked for them? I would love to hear your suggestions!

Take a look at the Rotations forum here on this site. You may find Cathe has made up a rotation and posted it in the past which is ideally suited to your purposes.

Clare

A few suggestions...

Since this is an area I focus on, I have a few workouts printed out that you may want to look at. I met with a personal trainer (courtesy of my employer) and she told me to work my lower body with heavier weights to lean out the muscle. The rotation I'm in has me doing heavy weights twice a week for my lower body. I'm hoping after 4 weeks some of my jeans will fit looser in the legs!

April 2006 - Lower Body Bonanza (Improve lower body strength & definition). I'm in my 3rd week of this one. Planning to repeat it once.

Sept. 2008 - Leg Blast - Lean Out Lower Body. (Incorporate B&Gs)

August 2007 - Lower Body Solution - sculpting the lower body - also makes use of B&Gs each week in the rotation.

April 2008 - Lower Body Endurance

Good luck!
Lisa

Let me know how you make out. I'm not convinced I'm doing the right rotation for the results I want. The trainer's recommendation seemed counterproductive to the results I'm looking for. My legs are already pretty muscular, but I'm trying to follow what the trainer recommended for me. I may try the August 2007 rotation instead of repeating the one I'm doing.

I am not sure what will be best for me either. I mainly want to really tone up my thighs. That is my trouble zone....my upper body is toned but for some reason I have a hard time toning my lower half. I don't have all of Cathe's DVD's either so I will have to modify whatever rotation I choose to fit what I have.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.