leg exercises during pregnancy

aileenbohn

Hello fellow cathe worshippers!! Just found out i am preggers with my second- only 6 weeks. Ilove weights and have been doing cathe for a while. I wanted to know if it was safe to do weighted leg exercises during pregancy -like weighted barbell for squats and lunges? And if how much weight can I use?
WOuld appreciate response

Thnks,
Aileen

hi aileen, and congrats. how old is your other child? i too am 6 weeks pregnant. ds is 16 mons. i am still doing weighted leg exercises and it is comfortable. i did them thru my entire first pregnancy. i did drop some weight at the end, but was mainly doing legs and glutes which is low weight anyways. hth. good luck

thx for responding! My dd is 3 and is rambunctious! Cool beans!! I Am still doing the weight but was just concerned because I usally do around 35 -40 lbs. Decided to drop down to 20 for now and see how t that goes. You really did the weighted bar at 9 months? I want to be able to continue to do that with modified weight. Need to keep the bootie tight!

hi there, congrats!!!

i am 36 wks along and still do weight training. i eased up on my barbell (keep it around 30 lbs for squats and lunges) but lift the same heavy weights for everything else. just make sure to check with your doctor, that's really the best advice. listen to your body too. don't push as far as you would pre-preg. but all in all, i've kept to my weight training routine (i LOVE lifting) and i've felt GREAT my entire pregnancy!

best of luck and health to you! keep lifting!

ps.. i am loving the new 4-day split DVDs!!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.