Knee Sprain - wahhhhhhh :( :( :(

chammer

Cathlete
I'm sooo bummed :( just sprained (I guess that's what you'd call it) my knee - looks like LCL - from an impact accident mountain biking (first *real MTB accident in seven years of riding and then I had two of them back to back three days apart both slamming the same knee)

So I'm out of commission biking, had just started running again too, can't squat or do stairs but can get around, light/gentle walking ok :mad: :( I don't think there's any point seeing a Dr. as they'll likely just tell me to R.I.C.E. it and while it's painful/swollen it doesn't appear to be torn. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a speedy recovery? wahhh. Trying not to devolve into full pity party :confused: :(

Any one have an idea the typical healing time for an injury like this? 3 - 4 weeks? Thanks for any thoughts or suggestions.

Having the same issue. Actually the RICE thing is working pretty well. I also broke down and bought some Osteo flex. So far no more pain or popping. I go back to light workouts tomorrow. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Just wanted to, finally!, say thanks for the encouraging words! They are appreciated... had a sudden family hospitalization + Tday + workwork come up and haven't gotten back on here until now.

Cannot believe how fast I lost muscle/gained fat with this knee injury!! :mad::confused::( YUK. Still only at about 75%, can't squat or fully flex that quad - had some quad tendonitis too where I think there may have been a mild tear.

Suffice it to say my new jelly roll and flabby quad is motivating me to do rehabilitative floor exercises and light cardio as much as possible!!! Very humbling :eek: ... really reminds me how amazing our bodies are and to be mindful & appreciative every day for all it does!!

Thanks again and Best to all!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.