KK's May Rotation

Good morning Karen, Rhea, Natalie and Jeanie!!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. Mine was great and beautiful weather too.

No Cathe workouts on Saturday or Sunday due to cycling instead. On Saturday, Cass and I did an easy 20 mile loop. It was perfect temperature to where I wore a sleeveless jersey and the air temperature felt so refreshing on my arms. Beautiful morning ride. The pastures are very green right now, the buckbrush is blooming yellow, lots of birds, it was very relaxing and invogorating at the same time.

When we got home, DH had started to tear out the old countertop in the other bathroom. That one didn't want to come out as well on the side splashes and he tore up some sheetrock in getting them out so there's patch work to be done (think he's all done with it now). He also had to modify the wall support for the new medicine cabinet (more patching). We did get the new countertop in and it looks pretty nice. I can see the room needs a different color of paint so am looking into doing something a little different colorwise and maybe making it two-toned in beige shades.

Yesterday's bike ride was a challenge for Cass, but she was up for it and did well. We rode to the Eagle Lake marina from my house, total of 50 miles, but a significant climb along the way. It was a beautiful day and all 4 of us cyclists had a nice time. The other couple that rode with us were very nice to help take care of Cass, riding at her speed for most of it. Now she's good and ready for her first metric on Saturday. Think I'm okay for the 100.

This past week I had a case of tired legs and needing increased oxygen (seemed like it) so I was a bit concerned about yesterday's ride, but all that's behind me now as my legs were very strong, cardio was sky high and energy had returned. Funny how that happens sometimes. Earlier in the week, I'd felt like I was coming down with something, took Airborne and Zicam and nothing materialized. Could be allergies as everything is blooming now. Anyway, dodged the bullet.

I will do a circuit style rotation this week again, just modifying a bit to include other Cathe's I have.

Monday: Did GS Legs (floor only, great workout) and Coremax pre-mix #2. Love GS Legs as it hits areas that a lot of her full body weight workouts don't hit (inner thighs, other thighs).

Tuesday: Lowmax, cycling in afternoon with a friend

Wednesday: Cardio & Weights

Thursday: Kick, Punch and Crunch (new workout for me)

Friday: Upper body and core only

Saturday: Cycling (century ride)

Sunday: Camping

Oh yeah, we'll be taking our camp trailer out to the woods for a long weekend of camping so no workouts on Sunday or Monday, but will take the 4 wheeler and mtn. bike so will probably toodle around a bit. Got to start planning for the weekend, shopping for food, getting everything ready. I'll need my energy this week.

Karen, can't wait to see the pictures!! I'd also like to see the one's on the horses before being imposed. Sorry you are allergic, wonder if it's the bedding or dust in the barns that triggers allergies. Hope you are feeling better. Love hearing what everyone is doing.

Good workouts today and overall contentment too!

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette! Hi Natalie! And Hi Rhea & Jeanie!

Sounds like you had a terrific weekend, Jeanette. A 50 mile bike ride -- that alone sounds like quite a workout, but I bet it went quickly if it was beautiful out, huh? It's also so cool that you can do these things with your son's girlfriend.

And a major thing there on the bathroom -- don't you love it? Get one thing done only to discover another thing needs doing? Like painting. But for me these projects must get put on the back burner.

Oh, workout wise I did Bootcamp today and it was really good. Almost felt back up to former energy level.:) So that's a good thing.

Am looking forward to the Cardio and Stretch tomorrow, as well. That's really something about GS legs. I really do need to complete my Cathe library so I have more of her workouts.

Camping -- sounds like fun. We have a camper -- a motor home, really that we've taken out occasionally -- and it's always fun. Right now we have someone staying with us who's using the motor home like a room -- we're kinda running out of room here...

But camping -- have a ball, Jeanette. I love camping -- write about it all the time...:+

Well, I'm getting a late start today due to needing to go over ads and such. Sigh.

Have a terrific day.:7

Hi Karen, Rhea, Natalie, Jeanie:

I'm feeling some soreness in the glute area (for a change) after doing GS Legs (floorwork) yesterday. Did Kick, Punch & Crunch this morning instead of Lowmax as it arrived yesterday in the mail. I found it challenging, did one of the premixes and then added on the last combo as I had enough time. Felt like a klutz for some of the kicking combos, but know I will get them down after more practice. Kickboxing is something I have to warm up to, I have some Gilad kickboxing and Tae Bo and at first didn't really enjoy them, but they grew on me. Am cycling tonite with a friend, one last ride before the century on Saturday. I like to go into a long bike ride with fresh legs and boy, I'll sure need those for the 100 as the most I've done this year is 70. Looking forward to that BEAUTIFUL ride and the weather should be very nice.

Karen, I absolutely love to go camping! During the summer and good weather, we try to go at least once a month and then do the annual week long trip to Bandon, Oregon (Bullard's Beach State Park) in September. We have a camp trailer that makes it pretty comfortable and for short trips into more rugged areas, we take the jeep and a tent. Very relaxing for both of us.

So glad you were able to do Bootcamp! That's a great workout for sure. Haven't tried too many of the premixes yet. Know you'll be able to tackle the Imaxes soon.

Well, must get ready for work now, will be nice weather all week, I think. Have a great day all!

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette! Hi Rhea & Jeanie & Natalie!

:)

Well, I think that my next purchase of Cathe is going to be KPC --that also contains legs and gluts, doesn't it? And the push-pull, supersets. Can't get everything all at once, but after much debate with myself, I think these are workouts that I'd do over and over.

Am still debating on the HC series that I don't have, but I think I'll do the above first, and then go from there.

Jeanette, I'm the same way with Kickboxing -- I own very few tapes of it -- tend to throw out my left hip when I do Kickboxing -- however, I know I enjoy the Kickboxing on the TimeSaver DVD and so I'm hoping I'll also like the KPC. I, too, have some TaeBo and at first I really liked them -- also have some Janis Safell workouts -- but again, I just don't do them very much.

The hundred sounds really good. I admire your cycling so much. And I'm really looking forward to doing some myself.

For me, today, did the Cardio section of Body Max -- absolutely love that workout and love the warm up -- it's so fun -- then stretched out to Stretch Max.

Well, I'm back to going back in the book, but this time to fill in sections that I now realize need filling in. Am two major sceens from being done -- there will be alot of minor sceens in those major ones, but only two major ones left. Thank goodness. The calendar is counting down for me...x(

Have a good one!:7

Good morning Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

Did Cardio & Weights this morning. Always a good one and fun too. Did a bike ride (climbing) yesterday with a friend. Was warm, but glad it was as I need to get acclimated to working in the heat again. Think it will be in the 70's over in Greenville on Saturday for my century ride so that won't be too bad at all.

Karen, KPC does have Legs and Glutes too, which I am looking forward to doing in it's entirety. Think Timesavers has a shortened version of it. I'll have to look into Body Max. Is it a circuit workout or straight step?

What are sceens? Have never heard that word before. When is your deadline? I admire people that can stick with something and stay disciplined. I feel like I flit around a lot and don't concentrate enough on a project.

Have a good workout today. I need to concentrate after work on preparing the trailer and shopping for the campout.

Jeanette :7

Hi Jeanette! Hi Rhea & Natalie & Jeanie!:)

Well, the problem is my spelling -- can't believe that I do this for a living and still can't spell worth a hoot. I meant to write scene -- :eek: :+

Anyway, no workout for me today. Not enough sleep. My godson came over yesterday on his way to Hawaii and so I was up very late last night -- trying to make up for it today, but no go. So it means I'll have to workout on Sunday -- which I usually reserve for my rest day. Oh, well.:eek:

I so admire that you did Cardio & Weights plus a bike ride. Gee, I keep forgetting to have my hubby get out my bike and get those tires fixed -- he's just so busy with other things, that I forget.

So went back in the book and am coming forward -- realized that I had left out some plot stuff, so had to go back and fill it in. Always happens -- thanks for the compliments, by the way, but I assure you, if you did this for a living, you'd keep at it, too. Honestly -- the deadlines are the worst...x( But they're important, without one, it's probably take me forever to write a story.:+

Anyway, am planning IMAX2 tomorrow -- then ME the next day. Oh, Body Max is a full body workout -- but it's 90 minutes long, so I've never done it all the way through -- but it's in 3 different sections -- the first is pure cardio and I love it -- the next is cardio plus legs, and the last section is upper body and abs, plus stretch. It's really one of my favorite workouts, but I always break it down because I just can't seem to find 30 minutes to work out.

Oh, saw half of the pictures -- it's hard for me to pull up pictures on my email site -- but saw half of them from the waist up:+ -- Anyway, as soon as we get them and we decide on pictures, I'll post them on my website so you can have a look.

It does look rather strange, there we are on a horse in ball gowns -- my friend, Lois, is blond and I'm brunette, so the contrasting colors worked out well, I think.

Anyway, have a terrific evening and a great day tomorrow.:7

Hi Karen, Rhea, Natalie & Jeanie:

It was Lowmax for me today, a little late getting started so I did pre-mix 1-4 and then added on interval #7. Thought about you, Karen. Still got a good workout in and in less than an hour with the stretch at the end. That last interval is a little tricky for me footwork wise, but I'm getting it a little better each time.

I can't wait to see the pictures of you two on the horses! That must have really been fun to pose for.

The bike riding is really enjoyable for me, especially when I ride with friends, it's not like a gueling workout, but we do keep the pace moving. It can be gueling when you're climbing in the hot sun, that's when I do some mind games or counting, anything to endure the grind to the top. But then there's usually a wonderful downhill and you recover during that time. This is my 5th season of cycling and I so enjoy it. I really look forward to my Cathe workouts, but at times I can see myself burning out and needing even more variety if I didn't have the purpose of working out to make my cycling better. However, right now I have so much variety and I find that wonderful. Of course, there are so many other benefits from working out, well being, flexibility, improved posture, stamina, etc. I know this will be a lifetime thing in some form or another.

Still have to grocery shop for camping and will do that tonite. It's fortunate that I have Friday off to complete preparations. Should be a great weekend. Looking forward to the century on Saturday. Always a feeling of accomplishment with that.

Have a good day today.

Jeanette

Hi Jeanette! Hi also to Rhea & Natalie & Jeanie!:)

Sounds like you got in a great workout today. There's no excuse for me today. I'm planning IMAX2 because I realize that I really need to jump into things.

Also found it interesting about what you mentioned on variety -- I really do need to add in something else -- perhaps running, sprints, bike riding -- something else to keep the challenge there. Still rereading READY, SET, GO! because in September that will be my workout plan -- while I'll bring weights, I think a step would be too hard to manage.:eek:

Well, I saw four of the picts -- Lois emailed me four of them -- and I've sent 2 of them to my web mistress, so hopefully, they'll be up on my site pretty soon. They came out okay, but I noticed I wasn't thrilled with the way my arms look -- but what the heck -- I'm not exactly a young chicky anymore -- I'll just keep working out and ensure I'm healthy and eating right...;)

Anyway, hope to get in a good productive day of work today. Am going to an opera tonight -- can't wait for that.

So it's off to work I go. Hi, ho... Hi, ho... It's off to work I go... Whistle...

Have a great day!:7

Good morning all!

Sure looks like you've all been doing great! Natalie, I hope everything is going okay with you since you been a bit MIA.

The weather has been awesome, so I've been quite busy in trying to get my garden going. I had planted seeds and put them in my greenhouse, so I'm starting off good this year. We will have tons of fruit too. Jeanette, if you don't have fruit trees, I'll have plenty to spare...pears, apples and wine grapes. Oh, and green or orange plums (I have no idea what variety, they came with the house:+ ) I always get tons of pears, even on years that they got frosted.

Karen, I can't wait to see your pictures. What a great idea. You would like the BBS4 package of the FIRM because of the short types of workouts. The only thing I don't like is they are not chaptered like Cathe, but of course, nobody's workouts that I have are as chaptered as wonderfully as Cathe.

Speaking of which, I might be doing the Low Max today, coupled with the new Jiggle Free Arms. My last few days have been focused more on lower body and weights, so I thought I'd better move up a bit. I was ambicious yesterday and did both the BBS4 Super Scuplting (only 35 mins) and the Ultimate Calorie Blaster...total workout was 1:25. Felt great and got a wonderful sweat going. Cathe has conditioned my aerobics so much that it takes a lot to get me going now.

Well, off to see if there is anything productive I can do at work. Slow week and I've been really bored.

Hi Rhea:

Yes, the weather has been awesome, boy it sure got warm yesterday afternoon. Came out of Safeway around 6 p.m. and thought it sure looks dark toward Milford. Hope we don't have lightning. That fire near the Diane Dr. area (where I live) was too close for comfort 2 years ago. I remember seeing the flames, telling my DH who was working on a project for our camp trailer. I called to report the fire and promptly loaded up my horse in the horse trailer, dog in the pickup, important papers and photos and was ready to get out of Dodge. Don't think DH ever stopped working on the project. Of course, I tend to panic more than he does, but you never know with the winds and all the sagebrush. That was not a fun thing at all.

Thanks for the offer for the fruit, I may take you up on it later. We have a couple little apple trees is all. Wine grapes, hmmmm. My mom and I made a couple batches of wine about 5 years ago. It was fun doing that with her. I need to order another kit and make a batch.

I do love Lowmax. I've been focusing on circuits and intervals so something seems to go when I do that. I notice I've lost some strength in upper body. I did PUB this morning. I like this workout, have only done it twice before but can see it would really do me good to do it consistently. The stability ball work is a killer when your arms are fatigued. I still haven't made it thru this one when I do it with the weight work. Something to work up to.

Glad you like your new workouts. I like the name "Jiggle Free Arms". Definitely my goal. Actually what I need are jiggle free legs more than the arms. :eek:

Have a great day today Rhea,

Jeanette

Good morning Karen, Rhea and Natalie:

Leisurely morning for me, though I have PLENTY to do today to get ready for my bike ride tomorrow and camping for the rest of the 3 day weekend. Did Pyramid Upper Body (up only premix) as I didn't want anything to stress my legs for tomorrow. This is a tough workout. I really need to incorporate it more often as I can see I would get a lot stronger if I did. I still didn't make it thru the stability ball part at the end with pikes. By that time, my arms were so fatigued it was hard to hold myself in the plank position on the ball. Something to work up to though. In the weight work, I can do the 15# dumbells, but the jump to 20# is going to take a while. I noticed a big difference going from 12# to 15# so a 5# jump is going to take some time. I do like this workout, plus you know the count and can hold on for 8 reps. I Have a very nice burn going in my shoulders and chest right now, but very rarely have I gotten DOMS. I think the whole Intensity series is fabulous!

Karen, how was the opera? I've never been before, but know I would love it. I checked your website but did not see the new pics of you. Let me know when they are posted, okay?

My grandma (she's 90, almost 91) went in for a hip replacement this morning. Am praying for her and waiting for word of how she did. Being in pain is so wearing on the body that it's definitely taken away from her quality of life, plus the pain pills are not good for her either. The doctors felt she was strong enough to withstand the surgery and much thought, prayer and research went into the decision. My sister and mother are with her now, surgery I believe taking place in San Luis Obispo.

Karen, you look fabulous and just keep working on the arms. The important thing is how you feel. I saw a couple ladies I know my age (46) in Walmart the other day. Looks like they've (and the majority of other ladies my age where I work) have just given up trying to battle the middle aged spread. I refuse to go there and will keep working out. Thanks to being active, biking, etc, and most recently and with the most improvement, Cathe workouts, I can happily say I'm in the best shape of my life.

Never quit!! (I'll have to remember this tomorrow when I'm on my 100 mile ride, going to be warm too).

Good workouts everyone, I'll post again after I get back from camping.

Have a good Memorial Day weekend!!!!

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been unable to get online this week. The week just got away from me as this was a busy week at work and that camping weekend last weekend got be behind on the household chores. Hopefully, next month will be less hectic.

I've continued the one body part a day theme but am only going to manage 5 days of workouts this week as didn't get home until lat tonight - I guess that'll be 2 body parts tomorrow! This week I've been using the HC series but doing 35 minutes of aerobics followed by a one muscle group from the gym style DVD's. It's really been a great week and I may do something like this again in the future.

Karen Kay - I'll bet the pictures are great and please post the URL and I'll visit your website. I've got to get some summer reading for the pool this summer, too. I'm finally finishing Carol Shield's Larry's Party. I really like her and I've read all her books now. I'm sorry she died a few years ago, she is such a great writer.

We are going to a water park tomorrow so am going to try to do at least the weight work in the morning before we leave.

Hope everyone has a great weekend and thanks for being here to read my posts and share your lives with me,

Natalie

Hi Natalie & Rhea & Jeanette!:)

What an incredible few days this has been...

Oh, the pictures are up on my website -- the URL is
http://www.wordmuseum.com/karenkay/booksignings.htm

Hope this works, if not the site is www.novels-by-KarenKay.com -- and just click on the button marked Booksignings on the left. I'm the burnette.

We had a coyote move in across the street from us and after I got home from the opera on Thursday nite, we thought we'd lost a cat -- Princess Sierra -- she didn't come home all that night. I was so upset that I only got 2 hours of sleep that night -- so didn't get in a workout on Friday.

As it turns out, she came home late morning, and I was so happy to see her, she didn't even get a scolding. But now we're involved in trying to buy a cage to trap the coyote and then take it to the hills. In the meantime, my cats are in rebellion, as I won't let them out of the house...:eek:

Gosh, the opera was beautiful. I should really do that sort of thing more often. Was just wonderful.:7

Anyway, Rhea your garden sound yummy. We don't have much of a yard, so we only have lemon tree. Those pears and grapes -- oh, my gosh. Sound really delicious.

BBS4 sounds really good -- and an 1 1/2 hour workout! Okay, so for the first time ever I did the entire BodyMax workout today -- 1 1/2 hour. Because I didn't workout yesterday, felt I really had to do this. What a terrific workout -- aerobics, endurance, anaerobics, plyometrics, strength upper body and lower body and stretch. Everything in one workout. Wow!

Jeanette -- I'm really thinking about you today and that 100 mile ride. I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm a little older than you, I think, and I don't intend to give up to that "middle-age spread," either. I intend to still be working out until well...I don't intend to stop...

Hope that your grandmother is okay. Do let us know how she's doing.

Natalie -- what a great idea to do cardio and then add on the gym style that you like. Makes me want to get that gym style -- I have to take these one at a time. My next purchase will probably be KPC and Legs and Glutes -- although I'm really looking at those gym styles, too.

Oh, Jeanette, isn't PUB great? Just reminded me that I haven't done that one for a while, either.

You know, Natalie, I haven't read those books that you talk about -- I love to read and so I'll make a note of them.

Anyway, hope everyone will have a wonderful and terrific Memorial Day Weekend. We'll be going down San Diego way to visit my godson -- his daughter's birthday.

Have a great one.:7

Hi Everyone!

Just a simple post to get my schedule for this next week started.

Although tomorrow is a holiday, I still plan to workout. Did Power Blast I think it was today -- my first time doing the workout -- it's an older one -- but I really like it -- great cardio. Only did 45 minute of it as it was Sunday, which is usually my day off.

Anyway, for this week.

Monday: IMAX 2

Tuesday: ME

Wednesday: A cardio of choice, plus stretch -- just got myself a balance ball and so I can now do that stretch

Thursday: Power Hour (or one of Cathe's other full body workouts)

Friday: Running sprints outside

Saturday: Circuit Max

Sunday: Off

I might modify this here and there. The main thing is that until deadline is done -- coming up on me heavy here, I'm not going to change anything. After deadline, however, I'd like to try some other rotations.

Oh, and Jeanette, Rhea, Jeanie or Natalie, if you missed my post previous to this, the pictures of myself and Lois (in evening gowns -- on a horse) are now posted.

Have a great one.:7

Hi everyone, Karen, Rhea and Natalie:

Just got home from camping a few hours ago. I'm still filthy, think mosquito spray with dust from four wheeler riding all mixed together. My hair feels like straw right now. Will jump in the shower soon before bed. Nice thing is that almost everything is unloaded from the trip and I work 8 hour days for the rest of the week, so won't have to get up quite so early.

The bike ride (101 miles, in Greenville, CA) on Saturday was fantastic! Last year the attendance was around 300, this year there were about 600 riders. Cass was pretty nervous when she saw all the people, but she settled down, had a flat tire in the parking lot, but I quickly put in a fresh tube for her and off we went. The scenery was breathtaking in that valley, rolling hills, pretty farms, lush green pastures, cattle, horses, even a herd of buffalo. 5 of us rode with her for the first 30 miles, then we parted company, she returning to the start with another friend of mine, and I continued on up to Antelope Lake for the rest of the century. My endurance was good, the food along the way was very tasty, company was great. I started getting a little more tired as we battled a stiff headwind for a number of miles, but about 7 miles from the end, a large group of cyclists swallowed us up and beckoned for us to ride with them. It is so much easier riding in a group and can be more fun. It's quite an experience! I felt like the "borg" had assimilated us! Cool feeling, though. Finished the ride with an in saddle time of 6 hours 22 minutes, a good time for me, (even though it wasn't a race). Average speed was 15.9 mph overall. Cass had a super time and is looking forward to her next metric, which I will ride with her, in 3 weeks in Chester, CA.

I've eaten like a pig for the rest of the weekend, sorry to say, shishkabob, ribs, steak, cheesecake, even smores! But we had a super weekend! A side note, my DH choked on a piece of shishkabob meat while I was gone mtn. bike riding, Jesse (our son) noticed him and was able to do the heimlich (sp?) manuever on him, dislodging the piece of meat. Thank God he was there!

My workout schedule for this week will be:

Tuesday: Leaner Legs and Coremax premix 1

Wednesday: Kick, Punch, Crunch

Thursday: Cardio & Weights

Friday: Imax2

Saturday: Cycling (long ride)

Sunday: Off

Next week I will start a new rotation, just don't have time to make something up tonite for the week.

Will post more in the morning.

Jeanette

Karen, just wanted to tell you I really like the pictures of you two on the horse! They look like they were fun to do. Love the evening dresses too. I am a sucker for a bay horse. He's a cutie for sure. Love the white on his legs. Thanks so much for sharing. Let us know when they superimpose the camel!

Jeanette

Good morning Karen, Rhea & Natalie!

It was supposed to be Leaner Legs this morning, but instead I did GS Legs Timesaver #1 (32 minutes) and Coremax premix #1 (22 minutes). Wasn't sure what was in the GS Legs Timesaver, but of course, now I know. It is all standing leg work in this one, but I liked it a lot, felt a good workout from this, very effective in a short time. I keep thinking of you, Karen, with your 1 hour time slot for exercising. I too, try to keep it at about an hour and these premixes are great for that. I keep going back to Lunacat's Compendium to check on times and equipment needed, very useful document.

Picked out a couple of colors for the bathroom paint job. Will pick that paint up after work, hopefully ride my horse, and finish putting stuff away from the camping trip. DH said he would mow the lawns so I won't have to worry about that.

Feels good to exercise again. Legs feel wonderful, attribute that also to riding a bit (more relaxed pace) day after my century and doing some walking to get the lactic out of the legs.

Good workouts everyone,

Good morning everyone!

Jeanette....so glad that you had fun on your century! It was a nice weekend despite it being a little cold on Sat. At least it was cooler for your ride though. I spent Friday afternoon, Saturday and Sunday morning at Eagle Lake. My DH's mom has a house there. It is sure peaceful. I ate too much too, as usual when I'm there. The only difference was the two walks I took after eating so much. I had too, couldn't sit down.

I haven't "worked out" since Friday. I was planning on working out yesterday, but woke up with my back spasming again, darn it. Must have slept wrong. But I did wash and wax my car and then took some turns around Richmond schools' track. Even managed to jog a few (I'm a terrible runner, so that is actually and accomplishment.)

I'll be incorporating Ready Set Go as soon as I finish it. I've finished the Ready portion. Spanish final took over my reading time though, and that will be done tomorrow.

Have a greatday everyone!

Hi Jeanette! Hi Rhea! And Hi Natalie & Jeanie,

Jeanette, I loved reading about your ride. It sounds wonderful. What a thing to do. It's really making me think about taking up cycling. First thing I have to do, however, is to get my current bike's tires fixed. Then at least I can ride around a little.

Truly it sounds like a great way to calm down from the stresses of work and such. What a thing it would have been to see that scenery -- and even buffalo...:)

Rhea, sorry your back is giving you #%*&$& again. That'a terrific, though, that you were able to run around a track. Running is not my strength, either, but I do intend to do more of it -- starting after deadline -- don't want to change anything with only 2 weeks left to get this book done.

The bathroom project really sounds great, Jeanette. Again, as soon as deadline is over, we're going to go over projects here one by one and get them completed. It should be fun.:7

Wasn't that horse a good-looker? He was very gentle (he does dressage) and really appreciated Lois and me doing this. Felt real affinity for him.

Will be posting a new tread for June soon. Took a look at Cathe's rotation. And it's one I'd really like to do -- if I had all those DVD's, which I don't. But I might be able to substitute some here and there. Really like that way she's spacing out the strength and weight work. Something I need to pay attention to for when September rolls around and I have no DVD's to work out to...x(

Anyway, two weeks and counting. Have 80 pages left to write -- then revisions, heavy edits, and then off to my editor -- it's alot to do -- but then on Friday, I also got my page proofs in the mail. (Page proofs are the book in zerox form right before it goes to print -- it always contains errors and so an author has to find these and correct them.) So now I have two deadlines as this is due back around the same time the next manuscript is due...:+

Bear with me. I will try my best to be here everyday -- I love reading your posts and chatting, but if I miss a day or two, please forgive me. I must concentrate.

Oh, and workout wise, I did the Timesaver Muscle Max today. (56 minutes) Have a cold and so wanted and needed to work out, but not to full capacity, as I am a little under the weather. Great workout, though.

Have a good one.:7

Good morning, Karen, Rhea and Natalie:

Running out of time this morning, did Kick, Punch, and Crunch this morning in it's entirety. This time it was easier and I was less klutzy. It gets my heart rate up, yet is a lot of fun too. Think I will like this one more and more as I do it. The music is very good in it too.

Karen, glad you are getting down to the end of your deadline. Know you still have a lot to do, so don't feel bad at all about not checking in every day. Boy, these computers can sure be time eaters, can't they? I haven't done Muscle Max in a while but will get around to it sometime.

Got to ride my horse last night but didn't spend a long time due to lower back discomfort. My lower back had a kink in it from doing deadlifts. I still don't have my form for deadlifts down, but I did a search last night and think I know what I'm doing wrong (rounding my lower back). Anyway, the kink is gone this morning.

Purchased paint yesterday so will be painting tonite after work. Will cycle with a couple friends on Thursday after work and then clean the camp trailer on Friday. Anyone else have to map out for the week what you need to get accomplished?

Must run, good workouts everyone.

Jeanette

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.