KK's June Check In

Morning,
Today was Imax2 Blasts only warmup and blasts 1-8. Good workout for about 30 minutes, then switched to Christi Taylor's Totally Hot Cardio, learning the first combo of it. Have a hair appointment after work. Need new highlights and a haircut. Will be leaving on Thursday morning for nephew's wedding down south.

Rhea, bet the ring is gorgeous! Nice weekend for you. Camped with a friend of ours at the blackpowder shoot that also golfs. Hopefully, I'll get to go with him sometime to hit some balls.

Karen, thinking I need a bit more anaerobic as Imax2 blasts were a bit tougher for me today. Could be that I've still got the heavy legs and lactic from my bike ride on Saturday. Hope you get a good workout in today.

Jeanette

Good morning!

Dragged myself out of bed this morning and did the P90 Sweat 3/4 (got to gear up for the 5/6 that is coming soon.) Glad I popped in the 3/4, I'm going to need to build up some endurance for some of the moves. My hip flexors sure got a workout. Tonight with be golfing. I think I'm going to go early and play nine holes and then another nine with the ladies. I believe that two of the ladies are going to be there early....so we can practice. I need to get out on the range too and practice that swing. I don't quite have the muscle memory down yet, so my swing can get all over the place. Actually, it is funny how much of a "head" game golf is.....If something is messing with your mind, your game will be off.

Well, got to run. Have a great day everyone!

Hi KK,

Thanks for answering me. I'm writing a book on soap recipes. It is very unusual and my first time writing a book. Don't know what to expect, but even if nothing comes from it, it is fun and can give this book to family and friends. I don't want to get too into it cause I don't want to jinx it. Would love to have a success from this book, and I know it is overdue for the public. All I can do is dream, sometimes I think I dream too big, but it's still fun anyway. I just don't know what to expect. Time will soon unveil it for me. My goal is to have it finished by Fall and send to the few publishers I picked. Then the waiting.

Thank you for the compliments. Soon I'll have updated pictures up of myself.

Janie

The idea is to die young as late as possible

www.picturetrail.com/janiejoey

0607_10008295321.gif

Good Evening!:)

It was the blasts (46 minutes) of Drill Max for me today. Jeanette, I, too, have decided that I need a little more anaerobics as well as a little more weights in my workouts. Cardio's fine, I think. So scheduling is going to be tight -- workouts over 60 minutes usually just don't get done with me. Also, I need to vary my workouts a bit -- didn't realize how much my body gets "used" to the workouts.

Jeanette -- Hope the hair appointment went great -- I need a bangs cut -- but other than that I need to let it grow out from my last cut. Bet the highlights are pretty. I'm so allergic to hair color that there is only one (an herbal hair color) that I can use. But I love the look of those highlishts. As soon as I have a moment, I'm going to order one of Christi's workouts. Have fun at your nephew's wedding.

Rhea -- Well done for getting up in the wee hours of the morning to get your workout in. Interesting about the golf -- how much it is a head game.

Janie -- That's wonderful about your book -- it's possible that you're writing the kind of book that might do well on the internet...particularly if it's something unusual. And I think it's true that you have to think big to get anything done at all.:) So keep dreaming. Love your picture. Since this is very much an entertainment business, I won't jinx you by wishing you luck and will just say "go get 'em."

Becky -- hope all is going well with you -- know you're busy, busy, busy.

Tomorrow is cardio/anaerobics and upper body -- Bootcamp is what I have planned...there's some anaerobics in Bootcamp, but hopefully it will work out okay, even though I did anaerobics today.

Have a terrific day, everyone and some wonderful workouts!:7

Good morning,
Today was Jari Love's Slim & Lean. First time for me doing this workout. My shoulders are burning and I feel like I got a good workout. Tonite will be a hill climb bike ride (the steep one). Hoping my legs are recovered from the long bike ride on Saturday. My inner thighs aren't as sore today so that's good.

I won't be posting until next Wednesday as I will be attending my nephew's wedding and visiting with my sister. Hoping to get some good walking time in.

Rhea, how was the golfing last night? How long does it take to play 9 holes? I can see where it really would be a head game. I can see myself getting into golf. Maybe later. Who knows?

Karen, I got a haircut and roots dyed last night, but my stylist wasn't feeling well so didn't have the time to do full highlights. Next time. I still have some left (they are subtle). Love the highlights! Enjoy your anaerobics today and Bootcamp! Haven't done that one in ages and ages! I'm thinking that the next rotation will be a circuit type.

Hope everyone has a great day today and see you all next week!

Jeanette

Good morning!

Golf was okay last night. Played terribly, but we were all laughing because it was so bad (for all of us.) The time to play actually depends on how well you play....if you are constantly looking for lost balls, it could take forever! I need to get out on the range and work on my swing, then I might not have so much trouble on the course. Of course, part of last night was I couldn't get a break no matter what (the ball would hit in the fairway and take a bad bounce or something)

No workout this morning. I was supposed to get up and do yoga, but I let myself sleep in until about 5:30, so I got up and did a bunch of chores. I probably will do a quick workout this afternoon before heading to the golf course for some range time. It has been awful warm in the afternoon which doesn't bode well for any hard cardio.

Well, back to the salt mines! Have a great day everyone!

Good morning!

Golf was okay last night. Played terribly, but we were all laughing because it was so bad (for all of us.) The time to play actually depends on how well you play....if you are constantly looking for lost balls, it could take forever! I need to get out on the range and work on my swing, then I might not have so much trouble on the course. Of course, part of last night was I couldn't get a break no matter what (the ball would hit in the fairway and take a bad bounce or something)

No workout this morning. I was supposed to get up and do yoga, but I let myself sleep in until about 5:30, so I got up and did a bunch of chores. I probably will do a quick workout this afternoon before heading to the golf course for some range time. It has been awful warm in the afternoon which doesn't bode well for any hard cardio.

Well, back to the salt mines! Have a great day everyone!

It was Bootcamp today -- minus upper body -- couldn't remember if I was supposed to do lower or upper body -- so I did it all except upper body -- did the abs. About a 45 minute workout and was good.

On the other hand, I got stung by something today -- don't know what -- but it was in a drawer -- at first I thought it was another black widow as the bite really hurt -- but there were no fang marks -- and there was a stinger, which I removed. Geez! And I go to Las Vegas tomorrow... The bite isn't that bad, what is bad is my body's reaction to it -- guess I'm allergic to it or something.

Jeanette, I will miss your wonderful posts while you are gone -- have a super holiday.

Rhea -- actually that golfing sounds like fun -- no matter how bad it was, you were all laughing about it. Hope things in the salt mines were good today.

Becky -- hope all is going well with yous!

Janie -- Hope you are doing well, today, as well.

Not sure about tomorrow -- if I feel like I do now, I'll probably take the day off -- have to leave to go to Vegas around 1 PM tomorrow -- so we'll see...

Have a really super day -- I may not be checking in tomorrow night, as I'll be in Las Vegas and am not sure if I'll have a way to get online or not. So just in case, I will wish everyone a super weekend and have some really good workouts!:7

Well, I sure hope everyone is doing well.

Karen - I hope you feel better today.

Jeannette's off to the wedding and having fun.

Becky - I'm sure you still have company!

Me, well, I'm still here at the salt mines....sniff, sniff. I guess I'll play by myself.

Today was P90 sculpt 1/2. This afternoon, I'm going to do the Cardio Core Express and then it is golfing for couples league tonight. I do want to get out on the range before so that I can hit some balls and fix my swing.

Well, have a great day everyone!

Good morning!

Hey Janie if you are still out there....looks like we're the only ones here lately. Are you going to keep checking in here? That would be great. I wasn't sure since you were talking "shop" with Karen.

Let's see, I slept in this morning. DH left for two golf tournaments, so I'm on my own now until Tues night. I figured I might get in a longer workout this afternoon. I'm going to try and put together something with all the P90s I have. I just got the master series, but I'm not sure my body is ready for those, so I've got to get the others in rotation and do them a little more.

Talk to you later.

Reah,

Just now looked at the post and there you were. I'll do my best in checking in, but I'm really not very good at it. Although I do feel welcome here. Yes, I'll try. Thank you for welcoming me.

I plan on doing cardio and a yoga today. I need the stretch in the worst way. I'm at my computer all day long and yearn that activity.

Where are the golf tournaments held? Your DH must be very good. I also have the P90's, did them and loved it. Your body will let you know when you are ready. I modify everything, but I do work very hard at it.

Take care, and hope you won't be too lonely,

Janie

0607_10008295321.gif

Hi ladies. Sorry I haven't posted in so long. We have had way too much company. I will never again book us for a solid 3 weeks. I haven't had enough "Becky time" and I want to explode!!!

I have been getting workouts in, but they have pretty much stayed under an hour. It is weird, but I have had so many compliments on my figure since I gained those 4 lbs. Maybe I was too gaunt before. I know I did a lot of cardio and probably not enough weights. All of my clothes still fit so I am not concerned. If the 4 lbs come off, okay, if they don't, I am not going to stress out over it during my surgery rotation starting next week. I can lose them during the psych rotation following surgery.

How crazy is it that I will be in an OR next week (starting July 2nd) w/ my hands in someone's body cavity?!?!

Becky

DH and I just got home from Reno, where I did a book signing. Stayed at the same hotel that we were at for the convention a few years ago -- where we met, Rhea? What a nice hotel -- but it's good to be back. Thought of you and Jeanette the entire time I was there -- no wonder you both love being outside so much -- good, fresh air -- no planes in the sky spraying goodness-knows-what and beautiful weather. It was really a very nice trip.

Haven't been keeping up on the exercise -- got stung by something -- we figure it was a fire ant -- and I took the stinger out wrong so I got a big dose of the venon, and then was sick. But am feeling fine now (knock on wood).

Rhea -- so good to see you keeping up with the workouts, despite having to get up so early -- boy, I sure can see why you like golf so much -- what a beautiful part of the country you live in.

Janie -- great to see you here again -- like you, I have to do a stretch at least once a week -- and you sit in front of the computer all day, as well, huh? These workouts are so needed, don't you think?

Becky -- glad you're finally getting form "Becky time." And now you're jumping right into...what' OR, by the way?

This week's rotation is going to be hit and miss I'm afraid -- last week of tour and then after the very last booksigning, my hubby and I are heading immediately up to the Blackfeet reservation, where we'll be helping with some drug/literacy type lectures and the pow-wow. Then to Crow Country for much the same (and to visit relatives as well). My schedule will probably be tough -- but Montana is such beautiful country and the Blackfeet rez is nestled right up next to East Glacier, so it will be pretty.

Gotta get to bed so I'll post a rotation tomorrow -- am tried but mind is going a mile a minute right now. Have a fantastic day everyone and some terrific workouts!:7

Back again tonight to figure out my rotation: This morning I did 6 intervals of IMAX2 -- had to get out of the house fast. For the rest of the week, I have a tour and lots to do each night -- packing as we're taking off for the Blackfeet rez as soon as my last book signing is done on Saturday. I may just repeat last week's rotation, since I really didn't get it done due to the sting. So here goes, as best I can remember it (again, I'm trying to up my intensity just a little):

Mon: IMAX2
Tues: ME -- full workout
Wed: Cardio & stretch
Thurs: PUB plus cardio including anaerobics from CTX
Fri: PLB plus cardio including anaerobics from CTX
Sat: KPC
Sun: Off and on the road up to the Blackfeet rez

I'll be taking my computer and will be logging on as often as I'm able -- not sure how much I'll be able to log on while I'm gone. Have a really super day! :7

Wow, I read yesterday, but didn't post...oops.

This weekend was a good workout weekend. I did 3/4 Sculpt on Sat, I think. Sunday I took off because I was pretty tired. I slept from like 8:30 on Sat night until 7:30 Sunday and still felt a bit tired. So I must need the rest. I'm having trouble getting up in the morning, so no morning workouts for me. Yesterday I did 1/2 of the Cardio Collectibles with Christi....so fun, but man that footwork. I'm going to have to practice that one! I was laughing a lot. I got most of the segments down, but there is one section that I just can't get coordinated on. Not bad for a first time through though. I think I like Christi because she is more dancy. I have to take out some of the turns though because of the carpet and my knee will give out on me if I turn wrong.

I didn't work out this morning either. My back has a kink right in the middle. Probably from hitting golf balls yesterday. Today is sculpt, which has some back work. I can do it this afternoon if my muscles loosen up. I'll see. I might have to do another cardio and switch to weights tomorrow. I golf tonight too....hmmm.

Well, back to work. I might not be able to check in much the rest of this week. I have a trial on Thurs/Fri. I just wish it was over.

Talk to you later.

It was ME today -- but the express (about 57 minute workout) workout. And tomorrow is a cardio and stretch -- one of my favorite workouts -- I love the stretch.

How was the back today with golf? Hope it gets better fast. Wow, Rhea, you must've really been tired. Am hoping to get as much sleep as this, myself, as soon as I'm able -- but goodness, I don't know when that's going to be.

It was back to touring today -- but this is the last week of the heavy touring -- yea!

Do well on that trial -- I'm sure you will.

Well, both you and Jeanette like Christi -- I'm going to have to get her -- there's one I noticed in Collage -- as soon as I'm able, I want to get that.

Jeanette, are you back yet? If so, how was the wedding?

Becky -- are you able to kick back yet? Sure hope so.

Janie -- how are you doing on your workouts (and also on your book)?

Well, have a super day tomorrow, everyone and some terrific workouts!:7

Good morning!

I got back from my nephew's wedding yesterday. It was a lovely wedding and I had a great time visiting with my sister and her family. Got home yesterday afternoon, did some unpacking and then DH and I took a trip out to the woods with the dogs. Did take a Cathe DVD and a Christi DVD on my trip so did get to do some cardio 4 mornings before anyone else got up. Also did some walking on the hilly streets around here. Eating wasn't clean at all. Coldstone, frozen yogurt, cheesecake, you name it, I ate it. Really good trip though. Back to the grind today.

Today's workout was Jari Love GR 1000. Like the short aerobic segments in this one. I'll be doing a hi-rep, low weight rotation for a while. Also will do an easy spin on my bike after grocery shopping after work tonite. Have a tough hill climb competition tomorrow night.

Karen, so you will be getting a well deserved vacation? Good for you! Sure wish I could have gone over to Reno to see you this last weekend. Hope the touring has been a good thing for you. Is the bite better now?

Rhea, dang it, hope that back is better. I have Christi's Cardio Collectibles and I like it too. I like the more dancy routines and my mind really has to keep working. I have no idea how she can cue like she does. She's amazing! Glad you got some good sleep in. I find that as I get older, I'm needing a bit more to recover than I used to. Oh well.

Hi to Becky and Janie!

Jeanette

Good morning!

Yep, I like the cardio collectible so much that I did it again yesterday, but added on about 3/4 of the hi/lo. My feet are sore today! Time for the new insoles. I wore the ones that came with the shoes out fast. It took me a little bit to get used to Christi's excellent cueing. I'm so used to being cued a split second before the move that I had to adjust to the cue being one move ahead. (does that make sense?)

Well, got to get to work. Won't be able to check in much the rest of this week unless the trial goes really fast. Then I'm on vacation for two weeks, so it will be from home. I have the home computer working better with this forum, but the time to post, I'm not sure about.

Hi Jeanette and Karen,

My workouts are doing great. I still have yoga to do today, but as soon as I'm done here, I'll get right to it.

My Book. I think I might be half done! I'm celebrating with a martini tonight after my yoga. I know, but at least I will do my yoga first. If I still feel like celebrating the half way mark then I'll have a very small drink.

Hope everyone else is doing fine, and working hard on their workouts.

Take care,

Janie

0607_10008295321.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.