KB

sue320

Cathlete
Do you do kb everyday? I know from looking at the AOS workbook that there are light days and heavy days.

I was looking at doing kb three days per week and kickbox (mainly)/cardio on the other three days.

Input?

Right now I do kettlebells mostly every other day, although sometimes I'll go back-to-back if I'm doing more cardio-based kettlebell work with a lighter bell and I feel good.

If you're combining kettlebells and kickboxing, my only suggestion is to listen to your shoulders. Both kettlebells and kickboxing (more specifically, all the punching) involve a lot of shoulder work - these are two of my favorite types of workouts, so I've done kb/kb rotations before, and I remember some sore lats and shoulders.

You don't want to mess around when it comes to your shoulders. Rotator cuff surgery is six months to a year of NO FUN. So definitely include a rest day, and if your shoulders are sore, do something non-shouldery to give'em a rest.

I have found this to be the case...I'll tweak my kickbox cardios if the shoulders are sore.

Thanks for that reminder!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.