Karen Voight's Great Weighted Workout

mkunkel

Cathlete
Does anybody have this video? I bought it shortly before I discovered Cathe's workouts, so I only got to use it a few times. Now that I've been doing Cathe's workouts almost exclusively the past 4-5 months, I'm wondering how I can include Karen's GWW into my rotation. I hate that it's just collecting dust, but is it even worth doing? Maybe alternate it with Power Hour or another endurance-type workout? Any suggestions or opinions would be appreciated. By the way, I'm just finishing up a Pure Strength rotation and I also have Power Hour, MIS, and BodyMax (so far).

Thanks,
Melissa

Yes, I have this video. I was a big Karen Voight fan until I found Cathe's videos. I also was turned off by Karen's drastic plastic surgery. Not a real motivator. Anyway, I use Weighted Workout every once in a while to mix things up. With 8-10 lb. weights you can really challenge yourself and your endurance, although I find Voight rather boring next to Cathe. I have quite a large Voight but they are definitely gathering dust!

I used to have this workout, and used it a lot, but that was pre-Cathe. It is no longer of any use to me, so I traded it on VF for Firm Tough Tape 2.
Anyone want Firm Tough Tape 2? It's not so tough either. :p

Poor dusty Karen Voight. I was also a fan before I found Cathe, but now my Karen collection sits on the shelf. I must admit, I used her tapes a lot through my last pregnancy and now that I'm pregnant again, I've done her Strong & Smooth and Personal Best videos in the last few weeks. She really isn't so bad...it's just that Cathe is soooooooooo good!

I too have this workout and unfortunately it does collect dust at my house too. However, I can't seem to part with it because the lower body floor work is really tough and has given me great results in the past. I keep it for when I need to add a little extra to my standing leg work or in case I am ever injured and still need to challenge my lower body but can only do floor work. Just a thought.

I love the GWW floorwork. I haven't done the entire tape in ages - it seems endless & I have to use light weights to maintain Karen's tempo.

Debra

I like to use this one for the floor work.

I have never done the upper workout -

I haven't done it in a while but I pull it out for variety. I like the music.

I do find Karen's style rather dry - cathe seems to have more energy - which motivates me to keep going.

I have this video. I love Karen Voight, though Cathe's #1.

In answer to your question, maybe you could use Voight's GWW once a week for your endurance workout. With the temp being faster, since the lighter weights, it might give your body a shock. Even Cathe's said it's good to mix intensities.

By the way, have you ever done Karen's Energy Sprint?

I did karen's Energy Sprint last night on a whim and I breezed right through it. I used to struggle and due to Cathe, it is now easy for me. I enjoyed the tape but Karen just does not have a very energizing way about her. I can also relate to Cathe's body type more so it is more motivating for me to follow Cathe.

Thanks for all your responses everyone. After doing Cathe's workouts for several months, I may give GWW another try and maybe add it in as an endurance workout. Thing is, it seems sooo long.

Anyway, no I haven't done Karen's Energy Sprint. A looong time ago I started with her Streamline Fitness. Then got her Core Essentials (which is a total waste), Total Body Pilates (which I do like), and her new Burn 'n Firm (a big disappointment). From what I've heard, her older workouts are better than the newer ones. I used to really like her and was impressed with her long lean muscles, but I never got real results. I am now a diehard Cathe fan and wish I could get my money back for my dust collection and get some more Cathe DVDs...Oh well, I guess I should just be glad I've been able to progress in order to do Cathe's workouts.

The floor work on GWW is INTENSE! (I use 5# ankle wts. with this tape). I used it when I was doing the Lower Body Solution and needed more floor work than Cathe had for us (pre-LBP). The ab section is pretty good too!

Robin

I always skipped the upper body on this and went right to the floorwork which is really great. It's been a while since I did it I'll have to pull this one out I'm getting a little nostalgic. Too bad Karen hasn't put this on DVD there's a lot that could be done to enhance it's doability because if I recall even the floorwork is a little long done alone. I think the upper was around 25 minutes and the lower body (including abs) was around 45 min.
Carolyn

Before I got the video, I called to see if it would be coming out on DVD, but there were no plans for that. Now that I have the tape, I really see how much more doable it would be in a DVD format with chapters, etc. I am spoiled by the flexibility of my Cathe DVDs. Oh well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.