juvederm

buckeyegirl

Cathlete
I'm considering getting the juvederm injections done on my "smile lines" I noticed they are getting deeper and they make me self conscious. I am taking my 12 yo DS to the dr. to have a lesion lasered off and was thinking of inquiring about it at that time (he does juvederm injections as well)

Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with juvederm? or restylane?

It sucks getting old:confused:

One of the best things I have ever done for myself.

I had fillers done for the first time in July of 2009. I had the nasal folds and the corners of my mouth filled. Very little discomfort, minor swelling and a tiny bruise at one corner of my mouth.

The results lasted for 12 months (I probably could have gone another 2 months but my dr. was having a special pricing offer) so I just had my second round of filler down in mid August of this year.

I was/am thrilled with the results. Very subtle, but to me a huge difference.

Just make sure your dr. has tons of experience with fillers. I have heard of not too great results from day spas and even dentists jumping on the facial rejuvenation bandwagon.

If you have questions feel free to e-mail me.

Debbie Russo

LOVELOVELOVE the fillers! I get it in my labial folds (those smile lines you're referring to), at the corners of my mouth (frown lines) and under my eyes (horrible hollows that make me look tired even after 12 hours sleep).

Like most everyone else I've taken some financial hits over the last few years, but I refuse to give up my injectibles. I don't consider them a luxury, now they're a necessity. ;)

the best investment ever

You will love it, love it, love it. I had it done with Artfille which lasts a few years. I use botox for my forehead

How often is the maintenance? Debbie mentioned 1 year for her, maybe even could have gone longer, is that about how long it lasts? Or is it different for different people?

And would anyone mind sharing approximate costs?

It lasts about 6 months. There's no way I'd have gone longer than that. My cost in the NYC metro area is $750 per treatment, although I never have to pay the full amount b/c my derm and Juvederm both have a rewards program.

Laura, going to send you a PM, if you don't mind sharing your derms name, I'm pretty sure we live pretty close to each other. I'm not ready yet to bite the bullet, but just in the gathering info phase.

cost

I don't remember what I paid for the artefille but it does last a few years. My dysport runs $225 for forehead & the same for my crows feet. Dysport have a rewards program too which is a $75.00 check from them to try it & then to use it again for put it towards botox if you prefer the botox. I find them both the same so I use whichever comes out cheaper at the time.

Karen

Thanks so much for the feedback - now I'm excited! :) I am going to a plastic surgeon with my son to get a broken blood vessel spot on his face lasered, and will inquire about it then. Definitely am NOT going to some yahoo that's decided to just start doing them - not on my face! Odd you say that about dentists because I'd heard that a local dentist in our area is doing Juvederm - no thanks!

I'm also considering getting some red spots that are appearing on my stomach and chest lasered off (depending on the cost) - the plastic surgeon did zap one off my stomach for free just to show me, and it disappeared immediately.

Now, about the breast augmentation....:p I wish, but I'll live with my B's. They are still perky and quite nice and the hubby doesn't complain so I guess I'll just concentrate on my wrinkled face:p

I'm also considering getting some red spots that are appearing on my stomach and chest lasered off (depending on the cost) - the plastic surgeon did zap one off my stomach for free just to show me, and it disappeared immediately.

The red spots are called cherry angiomas. Cherry angiomas are made up of clusters of tiny capillaries at the surface of the skin, forming a small round dome. They appear more frequently with age. I used to have a lot of them and had them lasered off about a year ago. My dermatologist did it. I had two sessions and he found about 50 each session. Some were no bigger than a pin head. He charged me about $200 per session. It was so worth it. There was no pain... just a small sting each one he zapped. They do not all disappear immediately though. Some will take up to a week or more to go away.

Do it - I did it to the lines from nose down to chin and then under the eyes. The under the eyes really impressed me, makes me look so much younger. I also got the forehead botoxed and am amazed how much better that makes me look too. Oh, and I did the photofacial, which is actually 4 treatments 1 month apart. This takes the redness and sun damage away. I spent $2,000 all together and couldn't be happier. Well worth it.

In case you don't like needles there is an alternative:

I'm using Retin A. Vitamin A derivative. It will take a year to accomplish what I want, but should look 10 years or more younger. I hate needles.

I'm going on my 5th month and all of my skin tags are totally gone. I have smoother skin and the tone is becoming the same all over. Haven't yet seen too much of a difference, but I'm assuming the last 8 months will improve much more.

I have to admit, that if you don't use moisturizer (I make my own) when it's time you wash it off your face, your face looks like there is oil on it, but in actuality, there is no oil at all on the face, it is the effect of Retin A and looks very luminescence/glowing until you put on a moisturizer. It's a must to have moisturizer and a sunblock on your face at all times, except of course at night. That's when you put it on, and take it off when you wake up. I do this every other day, because I'm using 0.1%, which is strong.

It's better than needles for me and the lasting effect is as long as you keep using Retin A. It's not expensive at all. My tube is only $5.00 and lasts a whole 3 months or a little longer. Just a pea size all over the face. I use it also on my neck and shoulders then a V shape down my chest, from shoulders to the sternum or between the breasts.

It's been proven for more than 25 years that it not only helps blemishes but also is considered an anti aging product and reduces and prevents wrinkles.

Janie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.