Joyce's colon cancer update

joyceann619

Cathlete
Hi everyone,
I was just stopping by Cathe's website when I was surprised to see a post of mine had reappeared when I first found out I had cancer. Unfortunately I haven't kept you guys updated and I apologize for that.

I am doing well. :D I had chemo every other week for 24 weeks from July to December. It wasn't as bad as what I thought it was going to be. I would feel nausea but had medicine to treat that. I didn't have a great appetite but forced myself to eat healthy. I didn't lose my hair, it just thinned out. I went outside and walked when I could, sometimes I did some low impact videos.

The latest cat scans show that the tumors in my liver shrunk. A blood test (CEA) is now normal at 1.8, before treatment it was 115. A different blood test also shows that my liver is functioning normal. I believe the tumors in my liver are now dead cancer cells.

I recently went back to work part time ( 8-12 hours ) a week.
I started light weight training and am working out about 3-4 days a week. I am eating a high fiber, low fat diet of lots of fruits and veggies. I am starting to get into YOGA for stress relief. I am feeling stronger as the weeks go by.

Now I am pursuing the second half of my treatment, which is to undergo liver surgery to remove the tumors that are still there. Basically a surgeon will cut out the tumors, and one will have to be burned out because it is near a major blood vessel. THe liver will start to grow back and regenerate itself immediatley.

So I am not completely out of the woods yet but I can definetly see the light. Thanks to everyone's support and prayers on this list, I am surviving this. ANd know that you are in my prayers as well. You a such a great group of special people.

Now I am impatiently waiting to get the new videos to preview. I can't wait to see them, although it will be a while before I can actually do them :p

Enjoy each and every day!

Joyce

Hang in there Joyce, our thoughts and prayers are with you as you walk through this fire. Everyday should be a rejoice for waking up and living. Godspeed....

Linda

Joyce! What wonderful news! I know that you still have a struggle ahead but I am so happy for the progress that you've made. And your spirit sounds wonderful!

jzb-

Joyce-Thanks so much for updating us. I am so glad you are progressing as you are. You are a strong person. Hang in there!

Gayle

I am so glad of your progress. We will continue to pray for you!!
Celina
http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif[/img]

Joyce~
Thanks for upadating us on your progress. Your doing fantastic. And I will send you prayers for a successful liver surgery. Keep up the great outlook and lifestyle. Bless you!
Judy
AKA "Likes2bfit"
sport-smiley-009.gif
http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung0903/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif

http://groups.msn.com/CatheAddicts/jafitmamalikes2bfitfamily.msnw?Page=1

I am very happy for you and your optimistic prognosis. I will keep you in my prayers as I know you will progress and gain strength.
Best wishes to you.

Joyce -

Thanks for the update! It is great to hear that you are coming out the other side. Keep us posted about your surgery and results.

Take care - and healthy vibes headed out to you!

Joyce,

You have just made my day!! (understatement) When I read your post about being diagnosed with colon cancer I almost burst into tears because I just found out my dad has the exact same thing. He had surgery to remove part of his colon and reconnect it. And he has spots on his liver. His oncologist wasn't very optimistic seeing as it had already spread to his liver. But agreed to put him on chemo starting Feb 14th, every other week. Just as yourself. He is going to do this for 6 months and see what happens after that. I had been trying to face the reality that he might not last six months because of what his oncologist said, but you have given me renewed hope! I know every case is different, and I will always be realistic. But I just didn't know anyone with such a late stage of colon cancer could survive it!

Again, thank you for your post and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. This hit very close to home with me and my family.

Thank you very much for your post,

Rachel

Joyce,
I am absolutely thrilled to hear your good news. I will continue to hope and pray that you have a full recovery. THANKS so much for updating us. Please keep in touch.
Lisa

Joyce:
thanks for the update. You are doing great and I will keep you in my prayers! As someone posted earlier, you spirit sounds great, that's half the battle!

take care:)
Gloria

God bless you Joyce. Your fighting spirit is inspiring. I would find it hard not to be bitter and feel "why me". Your message shows your wonderful ability to look at the positive side. I am so glad to hear of your recovery because the world needs people like you - and for a long time to come. You will be in my prayers.

Vee

Wonderful news Joyce! Did you get my E-mail or PM??? I was starting to get worried when we never heard back. I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers as you prepare for the liver surgery. PLEASE keep us updated on how you are doing or if you need a good laugh or just a shoulder. YOU are incredible!!!
Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie")http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/wavey.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance...I Hope You DANCE!!!

Hi Joyce! Thank you for keeping us informed. Your update sounds very encouraging. Stay strong and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.