Jennifer Kries' DVDs

sblordita

Cathlete
I have just a quick question for anyone who can help me... I just recieved Jennifer Kries' 3-DVD set: 3 Dimensional Toning, Perfect Mix, Precision Pilates. Is the sound supposed to be warped in some way? If this is the way it's supposed to be, I'm sure you will all know what I'm talking about. If it's not, I can't describe it... I guess it's Chipmunk-like, and very difficult to understand. I just wanted to make sure before I called up collage for my money back :)

Thanks,
Sara

I have these, and I dont have any problem with the sound, though I have heard some people say that the picture quality on theirs is not that great, but these are great dvds, I love them.
Anyway collage gives a lifetime gaurantee with their products, so I would change it.

Hotchick;)

Hmmm... I was afraid of that :( And I just returned 3-D toning because it arrived not snapped into its holder so it was scratched something fierce! They were wonderful about it, so I didn't want to have to make them take more back. I guess I will go for it, because I have heard that they are fantastic. Just out of curiosity, how often to you use them and with what?

Sara

Hi Sara,

I use them at least twice a week on their own, and on my days off, I just do the whole workout as they incorporate some yoga, pilates/stretching and seems to help my joints a lot. But I am now considering doing them even more regularly as I get older and want to stay flexible.

hotchick:)

Thanks so much :) I need a workout for my joints and flexibility as well, so I don't want to give up on these. I guess I'll just keep sending them back until I get ones that work! How do they work for core strength? I need lots of work on that as well.

Sara

Hi Sara,

the 3D toning dvd has a 30 minute pilates abs/hips/thighs section, and if your abs are the weakest part of your body like mine (I hate abwork) then this should work them adequately,as well as working the hips and thighs. I just about get through this bit, but I love the first 30 minutes pilates yoga dance part of this tape, I do it a lot,you will feel this a lot in your thighs and hamstrings, the next day.
I feel that the perfect mix dvd has the hardest pilates abwork, I really struggle to complete it, though it is only 20 minutes.
There is also a twenty minute dance on it with weights called the metabolic booster, and some peole have found it hard to get the moves, but I just practised it twice without weights first before I got it.
I personally have never regreted buying this set, as I cannot stand pure pilates floorwork, I find it boring. I love anything with dance in it.
have you ever tried any ballet workouts?

HOTCHICK;-)

Oh! by the way sara, you could ask collage to open the dvds and secure them with tape before they send them.

Hi Hotchick :)

Thanks for the rundown. No, unfortunately, i haven't tried anything with ballet in it. I almost purchased the New York Ballet series (not exactly sure what the title is), but its reviews were mixed, so I passed. These DVDs definitely sound like what I'm looking for, because my abs are definitely the weakest part of me. I usually stop my workouts at the ab section, because I hate it, too :+ . Bad me :)

I haven't called Collage yet. I'm being lazy, even though I want these DVDs. I think I will definitely do it this afternoon. I'm really curious as to what could have made all 3 DVDs be this way. And even the second 3-D toning, which came in separate from the other two, has this defect. It's weird.

I think I will ask Collage to secure the DVDs for me -that is a great idea. I received another DVD a few months ago that was loose also, but it wasn't scratched badly enough to cause any problems, so I just kept it.

Do you recommend any other ballet/pilate-type workouts as well? I'll never pass up the opportunity for a great workout video :D.

ThanX!
Sara

Hi Sara,

there are a few new workouts that you can view on collage

(Balletone, by jody hoegstedt), a ballet and pilates workout.

(crunch fat burning pilates),which is cardio and pilates

as well as ballet workouts (ballet bootcamp1), and (ballet bootcamp 2), by jessica sherwood.
Oh and one more (yoga booty ballet, which is a fusion of yoga pilates and ballet).
just have a look at these on collage, and see what you think.

marlene;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.