Jazzercise Rotation

LaBonita

Hi all. I just signed up for a jazzercise class, and plan on doing that on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays. For those not familiar with Jazzercise, it's basically a 60 minute class with a warm up, 30 minutes of aerobics (dancing), muscle toning/strengthening segments with weights/bands/balls/etc, and a final stretch.

My question is this....what should I do for workouts on other days? My goal is to lose around 30 pounds. I'm currently 158 lbs, and I currently wear about a size 14 - I'd like to get to a 6 or 8. Oh, and I'm 5'2". Should I do cardio the other days? Strength/toning? Pilates/Core? Please help! I would say I'm about an intermediate to high intermediate level when it comes to exercise, and below are some Cathe videos I own....any help is appreciated!!!

Original STS (all)
Butts and Guts
Cardio Fusion
KPC + Legs/Glutes
SJP + Step Blast
Supersets + Push Pull
Pyramid Upper and Lower

LaBonita,

I think on the days you don't do jazzercise perhaps a cardio from the many Cathe has created. Also add in a few stretch days or yoga days to stretch those tendons and muscles. Do remember to take a day of rest at least once a week from all that fun, and eat clean. LOL Try not to eat processed food.

Once your classes are done add in twice a week, one of the full body weight lifting DVD's, if you are using split workouts do them every other day or three times a week, and then in between those, do cardio for at least 30 min. to 45 min. Or the STS series. That is so fantastic! You will be ready for it by then. I find when adding yoga or stretch (for me) tdo after a cardio. The body is warm and ready for a deep stretch.

Sounds like your class has a heavy FUN factor to it. To bad where I'm located there are no classes like that for me to take.

Let us know how that works for you.

Anyhoo, enjoy, it sounds great. And congratulations for deciding you want better health for yourself. It ain't easy but you can do it. People here will give you lots of suggestions and motivation. Must be that everyone is busy from school letting out and vacations. But eventually someone will respond. Just never ever give up!

Janie

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.