Jari Love Rotation

@Soapmaker

No worries Soapmaker. I do not think you have been picking on Jari. You have expressed a concern. I found the way you expressed yourself amusing:)
and I am glad you did. I do not own any of Jari but funny I was about to purchase her workout before trying
Cathe. Thanks God I did not. There is nothing which irritate me as bad form.

That being said, I just hope that newbies spot the bad form and somehow execute their moves correctly. Any arm flipping
supposedly working biceps and triceps could be, in long term, a recipe to a disaster!:eek::eek::eek: shoulder!!!

I too love getting my endurance level right before embarking any medium to heavy program. I prefer gaining
my VO2 max working anaerobically through Hiit, tabata and intervals.
I know cathe has few strength high reps. Have you tried CTX? I do work my endurance by including
circuit such as supercut, athletic training, high step challenge, muscle endurance etc.....
So in the end I do not get bored mixing up all these cathe's stuff.

Soapmaker, I support your high rep suggestion. More high reps we have, more choice we
have and won't say no to that.:)

;)

Last edited:
I like her older workouts better than the new ones. They are harder. The new ones have more cardio and less reps which is a lot easier. I suggest you use her workouts 3x a week alternating with cardio. Cathe's metabolic workouts make a great compliment if your body can handle the workload. High rep weight work uses a lot more of the subcutaneous fat and gives great definition fairly quickly particularly in the upper body. However, you have to use challenging weights to reach failure by the end of the set. You should feel the lactic acid burn.

You can rotate through her 4 older workouts (Ripped to the Core, Slim&Lean, Ripped&Chiseled, Ripped 1000). You can also add Cathe's high Reps and Power Hour to the mix for more variety. Also add Cathe's 100 rep challenge segments. I will continue to use Jari's workouts until Cathe makes a high rep set. This reminds me that it is time to beg for one again. I hope Cathe is reading.

If you are afraid of losing strength don't be. The first time I did a high rep rotation, I was sure that I would have to lift lighter when I returned to heavy weights. I was surprised that I was able to use heavier weights than before. Then it hit me that all those mitochondria that multiplied fast after all the aerobic endurance work made it easier to generate the ATP needed to lift a little heavier.

I find Jari a bit annoying with some of the nonsense that she keeps repeating particularly in the newer DVDs. Also, ignore her talk about carbohydrate. If you don't fuel the muscles with enough glycogen, you aren't going to progress.
Hi Soapmaker,
I would be very interested what your rotation looks like when using Jari love. Would you kindly maybe put a sample of your rotation here on this forum? Thanks!

I agree SoapMaker that Jari's background trainers look stronger and exercise proper form.
Do you mind if I pick your noggin about something relating to high reps? My lower body seems to gain definition with high rep work, but not so much my upper. I can certainly feel the 'endurance' part of it doing it's job, but it does not look more muscular. Do you know what that is about? (I am naturally willowy & do not gain weight easily).

Hi Soapmaker,
I would be very interested what your rotation looks like when using Jari love. Would you kindly maybe put a sample of your rotation here on this forum? Thanks!
When I first did an aerobic endurance rotation, I alternated running with Jari's 4 old workouts favoring RTTC. That is all that was available back then. I worked out for 6 days a week and did whatever I wanted on the 7th. I had tried to do heavier leg weight work with running and failed miserably. I was doing both badly and wasn't making any progress. I substituted Jari's workouts for the heavier weight work and everything started improving fast. I built up to running for 90 minutes including long warm up and cool down/stretch and doing a full hour of high rep work. My body needs high volume work. I feel nicely warmed up and ready to go about 30 to 40 minutes into my workout. Everybody needs a different volume of work. You have to figure it out by trial and error.

Right now, I'm trying to add a little exercise in the morning before leaving for work. I start with a low intensity workout for 15 to 20 minutes, then add 30 minutes of high rep work. I usually pick 3 to 4 segments from Jari's workouts and run through them 2x. I'm using 10 to 20 lbs weights and I don't want to go any higher so I repeat segments. Twice a week, I add interval on the treadmill for 30 minutes alternating running all out for 1 minute and walking for 1 minute. I'm trying to do that 4 to 5 days a week. My main workout is at night, mostly Cathe with some Tracie Long added for good measure.

I agree SoapMaker that Jari's background trainers look stronger and exercise proper form.
Do you mind if I pick your noggin about something relating to high reps? My lower body seems to gain definition with high rep work, but not so much my upper. I can certainly feel the 'endurance' part of it doing it's job, but it does not look more muscular. Do you know what that is about? (I am naturally willowy & do not gain weight easily).
I have the same problem. I'm an apple and I hold my weight in my upper body. What worked for me is high rep work to lose the subcutaneous fat followed by STSs. I spend about 1 month on Meso 1 then do Meso 2 for much longer. Go as heavy as you can safely handle and when in doubt do more sets. At least that is the strategy that worked for me. I'm never going to build a lot of muscle but I look less "soft".

If you are not seeing more upper body definition with high rep work, you need to up your weights/rep range. I usually see definition within 3 weeks of starting an aerobic endurance rotation starting with my shoulders.

@Soapmaker

No worries Soapmaker. I do not think you have been picking on Jari. You have expressed a concern. I found the way you expressed yourself amusing:)
and I am glad you did. I do not own any of Jari but funny I was about to purchase her workout before trying
Cathe. Thanks God I did not. There is nothing which irritate me as bad form.

That being said, I just hope that newbies spot the bad form and somehow execute their moves correctly. Any arm flipping
supposedly working biceps and triceps could be, in long term, a recipe to a disaster!:eek::eek::eek: shoulder!!!

I too love getting my endurance level right before embarking any medium to heavy program. I prefer gaining
my VO2 max working anaerobically through Hiit, tabata and intervals.
I know cathe has few strength high reps. Have you tried CTX? I do work my endurance by including
circuit such as supercut, athletic training, high step challenge, muscle endurance etc.....
So in the end I do not get bored mixing up all these cathe's stuff.

Soapmaker, I support your high rep suggestion. More high reps we have, more choice we
have and won't say no to that.:)

;)
I pick on Jari all the time which is unfair giving how much I benefited from her workouts. Jari has kept me company for a long time. I yell at the TV very often starting with her warm ups but I do the workout. Overall, her form is not bad and she gives decent form pointers. There are just some segments where she is just a bit off. I can do these workouts without any DVDs but I find myself rushing through the reps.

By the way, you can't make too many gains in VO2 max doing anaerobic training. You would need the right genetics (more fast twitch fiber) and the right gene variants across 10 or so genes. Even with that, you can't improve much beyond 30%. With aerobic endurance, you can develop to your full potential. Keep in mind that VO2 max seems to be genetically hard wired. Some people can't improve it much no matter how hard they try.

I recently started to add Ilaria's Athleticas to my high rep routines for some variety. Those are tough.

By the way, you can't make too many gains in VO2 max doing anaerobic training. You would need the right genetics (more fast twitch fiber) and the right gene variants across 10 or so genes. Even with that, you can't improve much beyond 30%. With aerobic endurance, you can develop to your full potential. Keep in mind that VO2 max seems to be genetically hard wired. Some people can't improve it much no matter how hard they try.

Very interesting paragraph above.:):)
This gives me stuff to think about. Factors such how my body responds to various type of training.

That being said I still do both aerobic and anaerobic. Recently I have actually done long steady aerobic step and cycling.
I can fairly state that I do get responses from both type of training.

Question: Are you getting ICE series? Are you interested in any individual dvd aiming to
meet your endurance and definition gain?

Athletica is on my to add list for sure. Love kickboxing type cardio. Please keep us posted reviewing
ilaria's workout.:)

Kind Regards;)

I used Jari's DVD's alot before discovering Cathe so pulled out Revved to the Max today and did workout #1. It was actually a nice change and I like the cardio effect of the high reps without having to jump around as I'm having some knee/ lower back issues lately. I can't say I noticed Jari's form or chit chat much as I was too busy sweating and enjoying that lactic acid burn... But I did notice Kirsten's 6-pack and holy hannah I want that! I'm going to stick these workouts for a couple weeks before my holiday and see if any magic happens...ok i know it happens in the kitchen so i'll smarten up! I have a couple Ilaria's as well so maybe will add those in. Too many choices....
Jamie

Question: Are you getting ICE series? Are you interested in any individual dvd aiming to
meet your endurance and definition gain?

Athletica is on my to add list for sure. Love kickboxing type cardio. Please keep us posted reviewing
ilaria's workout.:)

Kind Regards;)

Yes I preordered both DVDs and downloads. I have a complete Cathe library. Honestly, I now just keep an open mind and try to follow where Cathe leads. I have a feeling I'm going to love her intermediate workouts. I've bought some of her workouts before and didn't even try them for months or years then they became absolute favorites/must haves. The first time I tried Athletic Training was because I put the wrong DVD in. I couldn't believe what an idiot I was. It sat on the shelf for months. It became an instant favorite. It is my favorite kind of cardio. The last 2 live classes just put me over the edge. One of them looks like AT's evil cousin. I think I will have to find the time for Cathe live in October even if I use my computer to play it.

Ilaria knows her stuff. In Athletica, you do each move for about 2 minutes and the moves add up. It isn't kickboxing. I don't do much kickboxing but I have at least 1 of the Bodystrikes which I like a lot. Ilaria's toning workouts fit well with high rep work. I consider them advanced and they have a functional twist.

@Soapmaker

Thanks for reviewing ilarias workout. Definitely need to add them:)

As to athletic training I did it recently.
When LIS Series was released, I must admit I was impressed as far as low impact is concern.
It's unbelievable how a simple band can finish hamstring and Glutes at the end of the program :eek::eek::eek:.
I had serious Lower body DOMS.I do visit athletic training often.
I always have DOMS when I visit athletic training. It's another must have. It does kick off fast just the way I like it. Phew.:eek:

Question: Have you got Cathe's cross training express CTX, it's a high rep program with eccentrics moves.:):)

Last edited:
@Soapmaker

Question: Have you got Cathe's cross training express CTX, it's a high rep program with eccentrics moves.:):)

I like CTX and used it for years. It isn't quite high rep. It is still anaerobic endurance for me. Think of high rep as a way to mimic on a biological level the effect of low intensity movement all day long. It isn't clear if we get all the health benefits from high rep work that we would get from being very active, but it is the closest approximation we have. You won't be able to do that with heavier work. You get other benefit from strength training. In the end, it is about building a balance into a workout schedule to allow us to stay healthy and independent for as long as possible.

Mary had a super sale on Jari this week, so I ended up ordering her Get Ripped Slim & Lean and Get Extremely Ripped based on your recs and discussions here (and because the one workout I tested from her left me sore for nearly a week!!). Yay! I also ordered a Cathe of course. LIS Supersets. Feeling like I need a change up in my cardio routine lately and have been eyeing this one for ages.
Now if I could only break through this core workout avoidance of mine. HATE it lately.

Elsie, I saw that sale but had to resist as I just ordered the Booty Extreme 2 DVD's. I saw a new photo of Jari on her facebook page and she looks sooo good with that 6 pack - maybe that will motivate you to work your core more LOL! But as we know diet is more important to see ripped muscle anyway right?
Jamie

Don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread yet, but Jari Love workouts are the weekly special at totalfitnessdvds.com. Use coupon code 10OFF and get an additional 10% savings.

Lisa

Elsie, I saw that sale but had to resist as I just ordered the Booty Extreme 2 DVD's. I saw a new photo of Jari on her facebook page and she looks sooo good with that 6 pack - maybe that will motivate you to work your core more LOL! But as we know diet is more important to see ripped muscle anyway right?
Jamie
I know. I said I wasn't going to get anything between now & when the ICE series gets here, but I thought the price was so good! lol. She is looking real good on her FB page. Thanks for alerting me to it.... there are some great breakfast recipes on there. Yum. I'm going to a foam roller pilates class on Sunday which I am sure will rev my core and back up again! Have to keep it strong!
Those Booty Extreme dvds look very, very challenging.

Ok I'm looking at Jari love DVS's and its extremely confusing. Witch of her workout dvds are the most popular. Also I see that she has the ripped & chiseled and Extremely ripped & chiseled, wish of the two do you recommend? Thanks!

Mary had a super sale on Jari this week, so I ended up ordering her Get Ripped Slim & Lean and Get Extremely Ripped based on your recs and discussions here (and because the one workout I tested from her left me sore for nearly a week!!). Yay! I also ordered a Cathe of course. LIS Supersets. Feeling like I need a change up in my cardio routine lately and have been eyeing this one for ages.
Now if I could only break through this core workout avoidance of mine. HATE it lately.
Hi, I see Jari Love has quite a few extremely ripped DVd, witch one exactly did you order? Thanks!

Hi, I see Jari Love has quite a few extremely ripped DVd, witch one exactly did you order? Thanks!
I ordered Get Ripped Slim & Lean. www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Jari-Love-Get-Ripped-Slim-and-Lean-DVD-p/102.htm
and Get Extremely Ripped. www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Jari-Love-Get-Extremely-Ripped-DVD-p/94.htm

These are the ones that follow along with her original concept. Like Cathe, Jari has been ahead of the game!! I already have Get Ripped & Chiseled which is SUPER tough. For me anyway. :)

Ok I'm looking at Jari love DVS's and its extremely confusing. Witch of her workout dvds are the most popular. Also I see that she has the ripped & chiseled and Extremely ripped & chiseled, wish of the two do you recommend? Thanks!

The workouts with "Extremely" in the titles are the newest of her workouts. I personally find the "Extremely..." workouts to be more challenging than the older workouts.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.