January 08 Rotation Check in

Checking in on Tuesday!

I just got done with Maximum Intensity Cardio! Holy SWEATFEST! I felt like it would never stop! I'm not the biggest fan of Hi/Lo, but I got through it. The Step was pretty good, varied enough to keep my mind off of my work, but then came the blast at the end. WOW! I enjoyed the music though. It was fun even though it was "old school"!

I ended up burning 600 calories according to my HR monitor!!!

I'll crank out the Bonus Burn this afternoon..

Kathy: your plan sounds great! Where are you from? The weather is nice enough to be outside? (and cleared of snow?)

~Chris

Hey Chris: Yes, it is 63 outside right now and sunning. I live in northern Virginia...Manassas, to be exact..We haven't gotten that much snow yet this winter...We miss it alot!!

Great job on MIC..That one is tough..A little dread factor tomorrow on that one. But, I love cardio and high/low/step.

Hi Everyone,

I am jealous, Chris. I don't have MIC so I had to improvise today. I did Step,Jump,Pump + Step Blast PREMIX #16 STEP AND HI/LO 90 minutes. I worked up a good sweat and my knees started talking to me. I did the Bonus Burn before I did the premix. Otherwise I don't think I would have had the energy.

I got my Cathe shipping notice today. High Step Training Advanced and the slanted risers will be arriving Monday. That will give me time to preview it before doing it on Tuesday. I am so happy! And only the people on these forums could understand why. My friends just think I am a bit crazy.

God bless,
Heather

Heather: I know what you mean..My family thinks I am crazy for always asking for Cathe gift cards for everything..But, it is what I like. I am eyeing those risers and the high step!!!

Checking in with a wonderful walk with the kids and friends. Then I came home a got an the elliptical for 50 minutes with the interval course. I also got the bonus burn workout in today. I was so happy to be able to fit that in...

Tomorrow is Max. Intensity Cardio!!!

Kathy: 63! that sounds so nice! I'm so ready for Spring, I tell ya. Today I got kind of depressed that the selection of fresh veggies/fruits are so limited this time of year. We got a long way to go in New England though!

Heather: It sounds like you did a more intense workout than MIC is! 90 Minutes! WOW! MIC step wasn't really that intense, until you get to the blast at the end.

I cranked out the "Bonus Burn" this afternoon. The push ups were a little better, but I still struggle with the last 5. I really find the dips and lunges aren't that bad. The crunches get to be monotonous, and I can really feel the tension in my abs! Do you guys do the crunches with your feet on the floor, hands behind head, and then just crunch up? That's how I've been doing them, wondering if that's 'correct'!

~Chris

Chris: I vary the crunches. I do them with hands behind head and crunch up, I do the one from some of Cathe's workout where she says "froggie" style, I do bike, I do reverse crunches, hip raises, and oblique work. I like to vary it and hit all the abs. Keep it from getting boring...The pushups get tough for me too. Oh I am not liking the selection here either. The stuff I want is so expensive!! I love the summer when I have such variety of fruits and veggies..

Well, today is MIC....

Have a good one!!

Hi ladies!! Sounds like everyone is doing great with the rotation. I haven't checked in in a few days, but I've been following it, well somewhat. Saturday I did Imax3 with no risers. It was pretty doable that way. Sunday was my rest day. Monday was Muscle Max. I have to confess I cheated a bit on Cathe yesterday and today. :( I don't have a treadmill and didn't know if I could make it to the gym, so instead of the run I did Tracey Staehle's Step Sweatfest. It was alot of fun. I was really dreading MIC today - I don't like the hi/lo section, so I did Christi's Cardio Collectibles instead since it has 30 min hi/lo and 30 min step. I kind of wish I would have bit the bullet and did MIC instead - it had so much repetition. But tomorrow it's back to Cathe and Muscle Endurance.

I've been doing the bonus burn most days and it's actually getting easier. I can now do about 20 tricep dips before resting - before I could only get to about 15. I vary the crunches, too. It does get really monotonous.

I tried to check in earlier, and I hit the wrong button and my post deleted! Hate that!

Today's workout was "Muscle Endurance" for me. I wasn't so much in the mood for an HOUR+ of weights, but once I got going, I got into it. It was tough for my thighs (quads mostly). Yesterday's MIC really did a number on them, they were quite sore. I think it's from the STEP sequence where you are doing wide squats and shooting over the step back and forth in the squat. OW!

So the leg stuff was hard for me on ME today. And since I got a High Step a month ago, I've been dreading those Leg Presses! Holy cow the high step makes a BIG difference on those (I was formerly using 12 inch step). Now I use 5 risers! *EEK*! I got through it though. Gosh, she doesn't stop on these , high rep is not an understatement!

I've yet to do the Bonus Burn. I might sneak it in, but not sure. After supper is a hard time. I think the bonus burn is hardest to do after a weight workout than cardio, don't you?

kathy: what a great idea to change up the crunches into different variations! i'm going to try that!

JoJObean: I hadn't done MIC in forever, so I kind of forgot about the repition. that was a good thing! not sure when I'll be able to do that one again! though I did like the step part. Your substitution sounds perfect!

Okay, off to do the dishes!
(Can that be my Bonus burn today??)

~Chris

Hello,

Today was Muscle Endurance for me. I did the Bonus Burn first. I knew I wounldn't have anything left to do it after ME. And I was right. At first I thought this isn't that hard. But then those leg presses started adding up and the upper body work starting adding up and I was so happy when I got to the stretch. The bicep curls with the barbell about did me in. I was sweating by the end of this workout.

So now I am fixing dinner. But my muscles are still talking to me.
Hope everyone else had a good workout today. Check in tomorrow.

God bless,
Heather

Checking in with Muscle Endurance, too. Those leg presses do kill you!! I've done that workout quite a few times and am so happy when the second set is over - there's only one more left! The bicep curls are murder, but I know they are almost over when you hear Cathe's evil laugh! I didn't do the bonus burn yet, hopefully I'll get it in tonight. I didn't get to it yesterday.

Chris, yes, definitely, the bonus burn is more difficult on a weight day. Plus, I feel more justified in skipping it since I've already worked those parts. Just an excuse, I know!

Looking forward to Kickbox and Bootcamp tomorrow!! Now if I could actually stay away from those darn chocolate raisins I might actually accomplish something with this rotation. x(

Everyone have a great day!!

Thursday Check in ....

I just got done with 4-DS, Kickboxing and Bootcamp! I haven't done these workouts for a while, maybe not since their rotation when they first came out (I've been following Cathe's monthly rotations). So I was really looking forward to it, yet dreading it at the same time! I like the workouts separate, ALOT, but I was afraid of them together...

I did Kickbox first.. which was a smart move! (and that's how it was written). I like it alot! Just enough , and she goes from explosive kicks to arm drills...! I love Bootcamp separate, as i said. Going to it from Kickboxing was a bit harder. Not to start, but halfway through , I was getting pooped out! I still made it through. there are 2 moves I just can't do 100% on this one. First one is the fast feet behind the step, and then back and forth down the step. I can do a few, but the last few reps I'm doing them all on the back. the other one that i CANNOT get , even from the start really, is the Kickbutt over the step. Holy Moly! I mean I hold onto the back and just kick off the back, sometimes touching my butt, but I think I'm just afraid i wouldn't make it back and forth if i moved up, and went OVER the STEP. Either way, the HR gets UP THERE, right?

Today was a late day for me, because I did an hour in my son's classroom this morning. But i will do the bonus burn later... I didn't get to it yesterday. Thanks, jojobean, for backing up my "excuse"! LOL! I guess if I'm going to skip it, it is better on weight days than on cardio days though! I WILL do it today!! And I'm going to try to alternate the crunches...

I messed up on my eating last night, after doing really well since the 1st. My main issue has been stress eating on Saturdays, because I go into work on Saturday nights. And I stress, for various reasons i won't go into. And I end up medicating myself with food on Saturday afternoons! So last Saturday i did GREAT and did NOT binge at all! And on New Years the same (I had to work New years night). So I'm pretty dang proud of myself on that end. BUT... last night, one of my snacks was hot oatmeal w/ a few chocolate chips on it (they melt... yum!). I got carried away with the chips, and then peanut butter jumped in! *sigh*

Yep,this rotation is NOT going to work, if my eating is not cleaner, i agree!!

~Chris

Ok everyone, I survived all those leg presses!!!

Checking in today with Muscle Endurance...I also did the bonus burn right before the workout while I watched All My Children on tv..

Chris: Yummmm!! That oatmeal sounds heavenly. I usually put a spoonful of peanut butter in mine. But, I love the chocolate chip idea!!

Ok, whose getting STS??? I know I will;my credit card is already crying!!

WOO HOO KATHY!! Those leg presses are tough stuff! Oh MY! that's one reason I don't want to get High Step Challenge, I read there were a TON of them in that one!....

LOL!!.. I was watching One Life To Live while doing my Bonus Burn today! !!

And yes, that oatmeal w/ choc. chips is to die for. I have been known to go overboard with it. but better overboard w/ oatmeal than with oatmeal cookies..right? I think I may get me some dark chocolate chips next time. i'm not a fan of dark chocolate, but maybe in a small quanity melted on the oatmeal, it would be ok! That way I'd be doing myself even a little better with all those good flavonoids!

~Chris

And I forgot to say, YES OH YES! I am certainly going to be getting STS!! I'm so dang addicted to Cathe, I HAVE to get it. And i've been thinking for a long time about Power 90X, and not wanting to go there quite yet. I think this is my answer!!

BUT..I need to find out more about the cardio portion of the rotation. That seems to be missing somewhere....

~Chris

Hi Kathy, Chris, Heather and all that follow,

Kathy: I received my email today regarding the STS. Yes! I am very interested in getting this one.

Things have been pretty hectic here with my DH having his knee surgery all over again. His leg is in a complete leg brace to keep him off it and not bending it. He went to the doc today for a recheck. Things look ok so far. His bloodclot seems to be gone also. Phew! Good thing because this has been really stressful for me. (And him of course ;-) )

I haven't been able to follow this rotation because of all the doctor visits and caring for DH. I have been getting in short runs on the treadmill which is helping keep my headaches at bay.

You have all been doing great! Keep on going and eat-clean!

BBL Heidi

Friday Check in time!

I cranked out High Step Challenge today! Who said they were sick of leg presses? Actually they weren't that bad with this workout, I don't know why. But I was relieved! It's a great, fast moving workout, ... I did enjoy it in the end. After I was done, i rested about 15 minutes, and then did the Bonus Burn. Otherwise I know I wouldn't get to it ...Yay! I'm happy I got it in!

Heidi...What happened to your Dh knee that he's had all this surgery? Sounds nasty. And I'm sure this puts alot on your, since he sounds incapacitated! It's good you try to get in what you can for workouts. I'd go crazy without mine, i know!!

Clean eating is key!!

How's everyone else doing today???

Kathy... how did you do with kickboxing/bootcamp?

~Chris

Checking in with Kickbox/Bootcamp cardio. Chris, it's great that you're a day ahead of me. I can read your report on the workout before I do it!! Those same two moves in Bootcamp get me too. I'm afraid of tripping over the step on both of them so I modify. I think it's High Step Training Advanced that has a bunch a leg presses. Something like five set?? I'm glad it's HSC on the rotation instead of that one! I'll be tackling it tomorrow.

Kathy, not sure if I'm ordering STS or not. I was leaning towards no, because I'm not sure if I could stick with it for the three months. But I just read that you only do the workouts three days a week and you put your own cardio in. That makes it more doable. I'm going to wait till the end of the presale, though - till I get rid of that holiday debt.

Oh, I watched ER last night while I did my bonus burn!!

Heidi, hope your husband's leg heals quickly.

I probably won't check-in on the weekend, so everyone enjoy!

Joanne

Hi ladies!!

Checking in with cardio portions of 4DS: bootcamp & kickbox and I did the bonus burn and walked a local walking track with the kids..Great workout today..

Joanne: I love ER..I forgot it was on last night and missed the first half..STS looks pretty good. I was hoping it would contain Cathe cardio. But, I guess I will do other Cathe videos and elliptical for cardio. I am preordering too. Not sure if I will jump on it tomorrow. I want to get those credit card billing cycles going and then charge. Holiday debt too!!

Chris: Good job on HSC..Tomorrow for me. I survived today. But, bootcamp was kicking my butt royally!!! But, I felt great when it was over.

Heidi: Wow, poor hubby. Hope he heals quickly. Hang in there!!

Eating was on track today. I am happy about that!!

Good morning everyone!!

Today's workout is going to be High step challenge...As soon as I let breakfast digest a little..Hope everyone is having a great day so far and it continues. It is suppose to be a beautiful day today here. So maybe more walking..

Good Morning All,

Today is my day off. I did High Step Challenge yesterday. That was tough! I just kept telling myself that tomorrow I get to rest.

So, who has pre-ordered STS? I want to. But Dear Hubby is hesitant because of the cost. So ladies, please send some prayers my way. I have not mentioned STS to him today. Hoping he will just say, "Go ahead and buy it." Anyone else pre-order or want to pre-order?

I am looking forward to Rhythmic Step tomorrow. That is a fun one for me. Hope everyone has a great day.

God bless,
Heather

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.