It's time for beginners and intermediate workouts.

janiejoey

Cathlete
Cathy, I love your DVD's. I have every single one of them. I don't purchase anyone else. I'm sold on yours for the rest of my life. And have been following you for 12 years religiously.

Sometimes people for many reasons, need to use beginners or intermediate workouts. I know we can use most any of your DVD's and adjust. But the problem with that is, I want desperately to follow exactly what is on screen. And in the end I feel like a failure. Or I hurt myself trying to keep up. Once I use the Beginners and Intermediate DVD's I can be inspired anxiously to use the more advanced DVD's.

Don't get me wrong. Anyone doing exercise for the first time, shouldn't be able to go through the whole DVD the first time or even weeks/months, and of course we would work toward that goal. But it's different when you try to follow an advanced workout.

Is there a chance that you could make an update, more "with the times" DVD set? I'm getting older (66 years old) and want to be inspired to do a DVD exercise program from beginning to end without adjusting or feeling if I really did a good job. When things happen to me in life to where I have to start over I do use the beginners DVD's you already have. But Oh, would love to have some new ones!

Here are some more reasons (inspirations) to make a set of beginners and Intermediate DVD sets.

Getting Older, Had surgery and starting over, lacked off and need to start over,
Life got in the way, Came back from depression, Healed from broken bones,
People starting out, Showing beginners your work, Reminding people we can exercise at home,
Traveling and no gym, Showing off what works, Saving money,
Beginners, Intermediate...

There are many more reason's to do beginners and intermediate workouts. I can't imagine they wouldn't sell.

I'm forever grateful for you helping people. It's a lifetime commitment on your part. Without you, I would not be so healthy as I am today.

Thank you in advance, for taking the time to read this.

Jane McBride

Last edited:
I know the dvds that came with the fit tower were more geared to beginners and I'd be happy to mail them to you if that helps jane. I hear from others it's easy to improvise using a chair instead of the tower. The ICE series is meant to be intermediate if you don't have that. Somehow I doubt cathe would be able to do an entire beginner series as there likely isn't enough demand but you never know
Jamie

Jane- Thank you for bringing this up. I have been trying to manage a severely arthritic hip for 5+ years and have finally reached the point of needing a total hip replacement (bone on bone). I'm scheduled to have it on November 9th. There isn't a Cathe workout I can't do even with this bad hip but going forward, I may have to eliminate most high impact which has left me feeling very sad & depressed. My surgeon will be doing the anterior approach which he told me has no limitations...that is until I started to explain to him what I do. Box jumps, tuck jumps, air jacks, plyo jacks, burpees, squatting heavy weight, kickboxing, deep stretching & yoga poses, step, etc... He said we will have to carefully reintroduce these things and find out what I can tolerate & what I can't. At least he is not saying NO but the wear & tear is an issue and being only 56, I may need another surgery down the road if I wear this one out too quickly. UGH! Thankfully, I have a spin bike and love spin workouts!

So long story short... I would love more intermediate & low impact but high intensity workouts so I don't have to modify and feel like I don't belong doing the workouts anymore.

I know the dvds that came with the fit tower were more geared to beginners and I'd be happy to mail them to you if that helps jane. I hear from others it's easy to improvise using a chair instead of the tower. The ICE series is meant to be intermediate if you don't have that. Somehow I doubt cathe would be able to do an entire beginner series as there likely isn't enough demand but you never know
Jamie
Thank you Jamie for offering me the fit tower DVD's. I have them. I guess I'm selfish and just want more. LOL!

Janiejoey, well said, and from the heart, I agree with you 100%.....I am 63 and can't do all that high impact stuff,
But want to "be in the workout" with everyone else, and absolutely love Cathe's workouts, I have them all, plus
Live & OnDemand.
Thank you Aqua Girl. I'm glad I'm not alone.

I would love for her to do a beginner workout, for the sole fact that I want to give the gift of Cathe to people!
She would make a killing just from all of us buying them as gifts!
Thank you, yet another reason to do them. Thank you for your support. That is a GREAT idea!

Jane- Thank you for bringing this up. I have been trying to manage a severely arthritic hip for 5+ years and have finally reached the point of needing a total hip replacement (bone on bone). I'm scheduled to have it on November 9th. There isn't a Cathe workout I can't do even with this bad hip but going forward, I may have to eliminate most high impact which has left me feeling very sad & depressed. My surgeon will be doing the anterior approach which he told me has no limitations...that is until I started to explain to him what I do. Box jumps, tuck jumps, air jacks, plyo jacks, burpees, squatting heavy weight, kickboxing, deep stretching & yoga poses, step, etc... He said we will have to carefully reintroduce these things and find out what I can tolerate & what I can't. At least he is not saying NO but the wear & tear is an issue and being only 56, I may need another surgery down the road if I wear this one out too quickly. UGH! Thankfully, I have a spin bike and love spin workouts!

So long story short... I would love more intermediate & low impact but high intensity workouts so I don't have to modify and feel like I don't belong doing the workouts anymore.
NinjaMom, I'm sorry to hear about your arthritic hip. Especially when you are so very active. I believe/hope as you "carefully reintroduce" these exercises, that you will be able to grow back into those exercises. It takes a lot of inventive ways, but doing them a little at at a time seems like you would gradually will be able to improve as you go. I hope I'm not wrong, but if you keep pushing yourself (from what I understand) the more you can. I'm certainly not a doctor and don't know if there are limits on a hip replacement. I do know to go easy, take time, and keep going slowly but surly ahead, until you can do what you can. Be positive and just that alone must get you further along. Please keep me posted with your progress. xoxo

Hi janiejoey,

Your request and concerns are something that a lot of Cathletes share. If you watch Cathe Live or were to drop by our Gym and take one of Cathe's classes you would find people that have been taking Cathe's classes for over thirty years. The same is true with Cathletes that exercise at home to Cathe like you and want to continue working out with Cathe as they age. So, we're very much aware of this. The good news is that in our Gym Cathe's biggest and most most popular class is her senior fitness class, so she has a lot of experience teaching classes for seasoned exercisers.

Recently we made the ICE series for intermediate exercisers and the DVDs included with the Fit Tower unit are geared totally towards the beginner exerciser. But we have also filmed two senior fitness classes for Cathe Live and in the future we will expand our offerings in this as well as other related categories.

As we've mentioned on our road trips our big push is in our streaming business as this is the future and this is where video projects like you have suggested will probably end up. We already have plans to do this for Cathe OnDemand.

Oh, that sounds interesting!!! And I agree, janiejoey, if you have CatheLive, those 2 senior fit classes are
Awesome. They are so much fun, and you get a good little workout to boot!!! I think the second one has become
My favorite of the two, but I like them both.

Hi janiejoey,

Your request and concerns are something that a lot of Cathletes share. If you watch Cathe Live or were to drop by our Gym and take one of Cathe's classes you would find people that have been taking Cathe's classes for over thirty years. The same is true with Cathletes that exercise at home to Cathe like you and want to continue working out with Cathe as they age. So, we're very much aware of this. The good news is that in our Gym Cathe's biggest and most most popular class is her senior fitness class, so she has a lot of experience teaching classes for seasoned exercisers.

Recently we made the ICE series for intermediate exercisers and the DVDs included with the Fit Tower unit are geared totally towards the beginner exerciser. But we have also filmed two senior fitness classes for Cathe Live and in the future we will expand our offerings in this as well as other related categories.

As we've mentioned on our road trips our big push is in our streaming business as this is the future and this is where video projects like you have suggested will probably end up. We already have plans to do this for Cathe OnDemand.

Thank you for answering my long message. My hubby and I have a home where we can't get streaming. Even if we did, I don't know how to put it on our TV. It's very frustrating! I feel left out of everything. I wish Cathy would make a DVD for us who aren't in the future yet or not savvy with the new streaming or anything else. Maybe someday. I will do more of the ICE series and Fit Tower. Just wanted a little more, I love how she teaches her exercises. Can't have too much of Cathe fitness.

Last edited:
Oh, that sounds interesting!!! And I agree, janiejoey, if you have CatheLive, those 2 senior fit classes are
Awesome. They are so much fun, and you get a good little workout to boot!!! I think the second one has become
My favorite of the two, but I like them both.

Aqua Girl, I don't and can't get Cathe live. We are in a place that is limited in technology. Darn!

I would love for her to do a beginner workout, for the sole fact that I want to give the gift of Cathe to people!
She would make a killing just from all of us buying them as gifts!

I think this is a fantastic idea! I would love to give this out as gifts to people. What a great way to introduce Cathe to others!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another great idea......Cathe Gift Certificates are fantastic gifts to give. It allows the recipient to pick out their own DVD's based on their abilities and preferences and/or you can give them a CATHE LIVE/OnDemand membership which gives them a wide range of beginner workouts.

Hi janiejoey,

I was looking at the Fit Tower videos and in the description it says its for Advanced Exerciser, but above you mention it's for beginners. Are there more DVDs for the Fit Tower than the recent series Fit Tower Advanced?

I was looking at the Fit Tower videos and in the description it says its for Advanced Exerciser, but above you mention it's for beginners. Are there more DVDs for the Fit Tower than the recent series Fit Tower Advanced?

Julia, the videos that come with the Fit Tower itself are beginner/intermediate level. Even the one that is called "advanced" is actually much less advanced than the "Fit Tower Advanced" series. You can find them here: http://fittower.com/shop/ (They're in the second row, past the Fit Tower Advanced DVDs). I bought them before the newer series came out, and they are good for light days, or for when I'm sick, etc.

Cathy, I love your DVD's. I have every single one of them. I don't purchase anyone else. I'm sold on yours for the rest of my life. And have been following you for 12 years religiously.

Sometimes people for many reasons, need to use beginners or intermediate workouts. I know we can use most any of your DVD's and adjust. But the problem with that is, I want desperately to follow exactly what is on screen. And in the end I feel like a failure. Or I hurt myself trying to keep up. Once I use the Beginners and Intermediate DVD's I can be inspired anxiously to use the more advanced DVD's.

Don't get me wrong. Anyone doing exercise for the first time, shouldn't be able to go through the whole DVD the first time or even weeks/months, and of course we would work toward that goal. But it's different when you try to follow an advanced workout.

Is there a chance that you could make an update, more "with the times" DVD set? I'm getting older (66 years old) and want to be inspired to do a DVD exercise program from beginning to end without adjusting or feeling if I really did a good job. When things happen to me in life to where I have to start over I do use the beginners DVD's you already have. But Oh, would love to have some new ones!

Here are some more reasons (inspirations) to make a set of beginners and Intermediate DVD sets.

Getting Older, Had surgery and starting over, lacked off and need to start over,
Life got in the way, Came back from depression, Healed from broken bones,
People starting out, Showing beginners your work, Reminding people we can exercise at home,
Traveling and no gym, Showing off what works, Saving money,
Beginners, Intermediate...

There are many more reason's to do beginners and intermediate workouts. I can't imagine they wouldn't sell.

I'm forever grateful for you helping people. It's a lifetime commitment on your part. Without you, I would not be so healthy as I am today.

Thank you in advance, for taking the time to read this.

Jane McBride

Oh Jane I totally agree with everything in your post! Sadly I no longer am able to do most of Cathe's workouts any more - was a very sad day when I had to say goodbye to my advanced Cathe dvds and a lot of equipment I'm just physically not able to use anymore. However, I would dearly LOVE to continue working out with Cathe - I know there's Basic Step and Body Fusion as well as Total Muscle Sculpting but they are really the only Cathe "beginner" level workouts and as Jane pointed out, they are quite old now and it would be fantastic to have updated versions. Even a lot of the ICE series is too advanced for me these days. I have no room for the fit tower so that's out too. Many of us are not ready for Cathe's "senior" workouts but would love some updated low impact lower intensity "beginner"/low intermediate level workouts. I have to say though, I have an issue with calling lower intensity workouts "beginner" as I'd like some new workouts for us that are not beginners to Cathe, but just want/have to dial the intensity down for whatever reason. I'm sure there are many of us out there in the same boat!

Last edited:
I agree, I am moving away from all the high impact workouts. I like ICE, and right now doing Low Impact Series. I have XTrain and Ripped with HIIT but don't pull those out much because of all the high impact. My body just doesn't like it and I enjoy the lower impact workouts more. I am getting the Fit Tower with the DVDs and have the "advanced" Fit Tower DVDs, so that will be another rotation I can do. Cardio I mainly stick with kickboxing (without impact), my elliptical, walking, rebounder.

so would be nice if there were more options, maybe not a whole system but make a workout or two geared towards the aging crowd. Would be nice to see the senior fit workouts on DVD. My internet is iffy and hard to stream, heck last night we didn't even have a signal to pull anything up on the internet. We are rural with no cable so there are some of us that Cathe Live doesn't work for. I had it at one time and loved it but with the spotty internet it isn't something I want to pay for.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.