It’s getting closer:):):)

Ok, now I know what I was thinking about. And maybe I have always misunderstood it.
from the description on the cover, it says you can easily mix & match from the two workouts on the dvd using the “workout blender” so I always took that as being able to choose & mix chapters from the 2 workouts….but you can only choose chapters from one workout at a time, not between the 2…which never made sense to me because you can just skip thru, etc. That’s why I never hardly used it ….

I’m revisiting a few workouts that I suspect will be on the shelf for a while once I get the new series. Cross Train Express, 4 Day Split, IS Pyramids, having a great time. Might do MIS and Power Hour, which is where I started with Cathe, as it looks like May for new series. There’s always something fun to do with the library of workouts she’s built over the years. It’s quite amazing when I look at it.
I love the Pyramind workouts!!

After my workout this morning, I'm really excited about STS 2.0. So, I did STS Meso 3 Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps week #2 and I was thrilled because between the slower pace, rest between sets and doing only 7 reps, I was able to lift way heavier than I ever remember doing before. When it comes to shoulders, I play it very safe because in 2012, I had a really bad neck/shoulder injury that I recovered from and thankfully haven't had a flare up in years. That was when I was introduced to the foam roller and lacrosse ball for self myofascial release techniques as well as other very good stretches for that area. I went to a physical therapy called Airrosti, it was with a chiropractor, half the session was massage therapy (no neck cracking!) and the other half was physical therapy exercises. Their pitch was they could heal me in 6 visits and they were right because I was easing back into my regular routine after about 6 visits.

But for the standing barbell curls, I did a 40 pound barbell (I might try 45 on the next workout because of the reduction in reps), the tricep "skull crushers" I used 12's and the best of all, I was able to use a 20 on the concentration curls. By the 4th round, I wasn't able to finish the last rep or two, but I've never been able to go beyond 12's, 15's max on concentration curls.

The great thing is, although I'm following a specific template for my rotation, thanks to the wide variety of my Cathe library, I'm able to do different styles of training for upper, lower and total body.

After my workout this morning, I'm really excited about STS 2.0. So, I did STS Meso 3 Shoulders, Biceps & Triceps week #2 and I was thrilled because between the slower pace, rest between sets and doing only 7 reps, I was able to lift way heavier than I ever remember doing before.
But for the standing barbell curls, I did a 40 pound barbell (I might try 45 on the next workout because of the reduction in reps), the tricep "skull crushers" I used 12's and the best of all, I was able to use a 20 on the concentration curls.
So you have me thinking.... I might re-visit my weight sheets for Meso 2&3 to see what might be a starter weight for STS2.0 ... I was going to "wing it" but I'd probably go too light .... thanks for the idea!

Yep, I still have my email too....I think it's always a good idea to keep it if you can, just in case something happens.....

Good Plan! Yes, once they're out, dvds and in the blender, I'll get busy :) Usually, there is
a little time between the dvds getting shipped and the workouts appearing in the blender, etc. so in the past, I usually "play" with the dvds and workouts getting an idea how I want to do
them, what exercises I might want to skip, etc. I rarely do a full dvd workout from start to
finish as it's programmed, cause I prefer workouts less than an hour....I'd rather do a few
shorter workouts than one long one, I need alot of variety to keep motivated ! and I know
if these are chaptered as well as most of the older ones. I will want to blend workouts
using STS 1 & STS 2.
Good idea!!

Well, my plan isn't as easy as I thought it would be.....getting an outline of what I want but that's about it....for
now. I wish there was a way to print out the chapter names, etc....but that would be alot of printing...that's what I like to print from the user's guide.... and don't want to do it twice....Hopefully, the email Monday will be pleasing news.....:) I would think that they have to be done, or very close......

Well, my plan isn't as easy as I thought it would be.....getting an outline of what I want but that's about it....for
now. I wish there was a way to print out the chapter names, etc....but that would be alot of printing...that's what I like to print from the user's guide.... and don't want to do it twice....Hopefully, the email Monday will be pleasing news.....:) I would think that they have to be done, or very close......
I just copy & past the chapters from the workout manager. It is tedious to remove the "chapter" words, but I have to remove more formatting from the user guide, but once it's done I have my worksheets. Now, since you want the "chapter" words, can't you just copy & past into a "word" document or even a "memo" doc? Maybe I'm not understanding .. .

You know, I bet it’s a tedious job inserting dvds into those new cases….wonder if it is done manually or by a machine of some sort? And then all the individual ones that are going into regular cases….. I am pretty sure I will be transferring into a 12 disc case & 3 disc case & of course, keep the little travel one :)…. I think that will be better for me, I am just used to the regular cases and I am funny about handling dvds :). We shall see…

You know, I bet it’s a tedious job inserting dvds into those new cases….wonder if it is done manually or by a machine of some sort? And then all the individual ones that are going into regular cases…..
ha ha .... I wondered the same thing when Cathe mentioned it in the update ... :)

We'll see how it works with the provided case. I might like the Total Bodys together; and the Upper/Lower Splits; then the Parts in separate cases as that's kinda how we have them separated out on the dvd shelves, but we keep series cases that we purchased as a series in a separate area ... .... so we'll see ....

Maybe I'm not understanding .. .
You are understanding just fine.....it's the operator on this end ! :) Finally, thru trial & error, I printed just
the listed chapters of each. I didn't print the short "bonus" ones, I'm going back & just write them on the
corresponding workout. Now that I have them, I'm not sure what I am going to do with them! LOL!
Oh well, it basically took up my morning, trying to figure it out....I'm not always too tech savvy!

I wondered the same thing when Cathe mentioned it in the update
Was there a recent update, like this week? I didn't have any emails, etc.

Yea, I will just wait & see about the case, but have an empty 12 & 3 plastic cases ready to roll! I can be rough with zippers :), so wondering about that.

Maybe it was in the Monday newsletter about putting them into the cases.

I have most of my weight worksheets put together now. Just have the Parts to finish up - maybe tomorrow. Of course the Workout Manager doesn't list the weights Cathe uses like in the user guide, but since I'll probably not go as heavy as Cathe & Crew, it probably doesn't matter. I still intend to pull out my STS 1.0 worksheets and compare to get an idea of what weight to use.

The chaptering does look good .... every rest period is chaptered so if I'm not going as heavy as "I should" I can lessen the rest or skip it altogether ... makes the series even more versatile! I see some of the premixes also skip the rest periods.

Yea, I like that the "rests" are mostly chaptered individually too. I don't go as heavy, so I probably won't use
alot of them either...unless I need the extra "whatever" time to get something ready that's coming up.
Curious about a couple of them, the Bentover Gorilla Row, I bet that's the one where Al is rowing the BB holding the weight plate grips and Waiter curl, hmmm? maybe a curl hold or something? Oh well, I guess we'll know soon.

Having the chapter names & viewing the clips now is interesting, I am trying to match names with exercise if it’s in the clip. I think, in Shoulders, the one where Al is holding
barbell by plate & pulling up is called Face Pull cause the rest are using tubing & Cathe mentions face pull….I goggled gorilla row and that is like row one arm at a time, alternating & this looks familiar in Back workout. then again, what do I know:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.