is there a bad time to work out?

warchild2005

Cathlete
I work late and can't get a good workout til i come home is working out late at night bad? (10pm or 11pm)
Luis G. Salazar

It has been mentioned in books/magazines that there is NO particular time that is BAD for working out. Everybody has different internal rhythms. Some people are morning people and some are evening people. The best time to workout is the time that you can fit it in. Working out at anytime of the day is better than NOT doing it at all!!!

Tanya in Texas!

http://www.myspace.com/taebotanya

When I read the title of your thread, the only time I thought would be bad would be too close too bedtime. I think working out right before bedtime isn't the best. There's more chance of muscle soreness (because you aren't moving around afterwards). And the idea of getting horizontal very close to getting the heart elevated through a tough cardio workout doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

I've worked out late once. Couldn't sleep all night long. Same kind of feeling when you have coffee too late at night and can't sleep.

Is that the time you start to go to bed, if so, that's way too late for exercising.

Janie

4760884_bodyshot_175x233.gif
[/url]

The idea is to die young as late as possible.

When I was in college I would come home from a night out and workout. I lost a lot of weight that way. I'm way too much of a morning person now to consider anything like that, but it worked at the time.

I think whether or not it's okay depends on YOU. Do you sleep well at night? Do you come home from work, workout, then putz around the house for an hour or two before bed because you work so late? If that's the case, the whole argument about working out before bed is null and void. I don't think 10 or 11PM is a bad thing if you go to bed at 2 or 3 - many people workout in the evenings - which would be the same thing. If you do go to bed straight off, maybe a workout before work would be better for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.