Is Push/Pull like Pure Strength?

YasBeFit

Cathlete
Hi,
I was just wondering if the "push/pull" style workout would be like the Pure Strength series (i.e. heavy weight/gym style) but using the push/pull method? As I understand it, in this type of workout you work opposing muscles(back/chest, bi/tri, etc.)Do you alternate exercises for the opposing muscles during the workout or exhaust each part before working opposing muscle? Also,would the workout be just two body parts per day plus abs?

Thanks for your help!
:) Yas

How would you do LEGS in that manner? Please...please...please...no hovers or low ends...just simple tough stuff like PLB. Some of us are endurance weenies. Can you tell I adored S&H Legs????

OH no! As much as I hate (and love...in a sick way) those low ends but I still want them!! I'm an endurance weenie myself, with hopes of improving! I've don't have S&H but it will be one of my next purchases. I find that I look forward to strength work for the legs much more than endurance, but I have seen more improvement from endurance. :)
Purplesky

Uh-oh! I thought push/pull meant working the pushing muscles one day and the pulling the next, which I suppose is like PS (or am I wrong here)? :eek: There are so many methods and each one can be varied depending on the type of split you want to do,.... that I get confused after a while.

Can someone explain this in greater detail? Just refresh my memory, if you don't mind. Otherwise I have a little research project for this weekend! :7

Angie

A true "push-pull" workout is doing an exercise for a "push" muscle (ie: chest) followed directly by an exercise for the opposite "pull" muscle (back). Then you take a short rest before repeating, perhaps for 3 sets or so.

Thanks for the replies. I like the idea of doing opposing muscles back to back in order to save on down time.I guess I was wondering what type of format the proposed workout would be in. Does anyone know?

Yas

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.