Is it possible to modify the XTrain schedule without repercussions?

Hi Cathe! I know you all put a ton of time and thought into the 90 Day Undulating Schedule so I am very hesitant to mess with it! :) BUT....I do have 2 modifications I would like to try but not without your blessing first. I don't want to end up stalling, or even worse - getting injured.

First - I simply cannot do a 6-day/week workout schedule. I have tried it in the past, and with kids in activities on weekends and me working during the week, it just doesn't happen. STS was a godsend, that schedule was perfect. So - is it possible to push back the last workout of the week to the following Monday and just extend the entire schedule by how many weeks it takes? The 90 days is not an issue for me, with this kind of rotation I could use it forever.

Second - is the order of the workouts of crucial importance? For example, I noticed that some workouts are 34 mins long, while others are 80. It's impossible for me to get an 80 minute workout in on a Tuesday, but I can easily do that every Friday. Would it be possible to rearrange the schedule of workouts within a given week, and if so, are there certain parameters I should follow? I already know not to do HIIT routines on back-to-back days, and I likely wouldn't do a Legs next to a Cardio Leg Blast - anything else to watch out for?

Hopefully this makes sense! Thank you so much for your time, I have been holding off starting any rotations in anticipation of XTrain and can't wait to get started!!!

Stacy

Not Cathe, but something I read on this board or a different one has stuck with me--they are YOUR workouts. You can use them in whatever way works best for you. I know I shift workouts around based on what's going on in my life and when it is easiest to do a long workout versus a short one or even when I take a day off. When I am doing split weight routines, I make sure I have a few days between each upper body & lower body workout. I think your idea of just extending things makes a lot of sense and since it fits your life, go for it!

Hi,

Also not Cathe, but I bet it's ok to modify the schedule as long as you are giving each muscle group adequate time to recover after strength training sessions.

Elizabeth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.