Interval Max...Yow!

Hey Kristina!

Glad to hear I'm not the only "slow twitcher" :). Guess that explains why my tree trunk legs will only last so long during those intervals. And what's that you say...no figure skating or hurdle jumping fame in my future??...what a tragedy ;-).

Oh well, I'll keep "twitchin" along with IMax anyway :p.

Lisa

Hi Lex:

Great thread. My favorites are Intervals 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9. Those don't hurt as much as the even ones. By the time that I hit interval 4 and she says "Fire in the thighs." I'm just trying to keep up and getting through it. That's why I love interval 5 so I can breath. The last interval I like, I'm just dead by that time.

Hi KZN!

Don't be scared to try! I was scared to try first Cathe's tapes, then IMax and then Body Max because I listened too much to what everybody said. I think back and that was stupid! Granted, I modify a lot but the feeling you get knowing that you got through it and didn't die and when you see improvement, even if it is very little, feels so great! :7 Respect everyone's advice but don't let them scare you!

Marcia

Hi again,
I got my period this morning, but for some reason I still wanted to do Interval Max. I was expecting an o.k. workout, but I felt awesome. I only had to modify the lunge scissors but only a little bit. I mean I did the last interval without modification. That last interval reminds me of my cheerleading days. I feel incredible. Now, if only I can do the lunges!
Take care everyone!
Christine

You know, sometimes on the first day or two of my period I actually feel stronger and more powerful for some reason. I tend to get fatigued before it starts, but then feel a burst of energy those first days. I wonder what that's all about. Makes you think there's something powerful about being a woman.

And even on my best days, I never do the lunge scissors. For some reason, moves like that, even though I LOVE plyo moves, really bother my knees. And I have huge leg muscles, so it's just something about my build. I substitute plyo heel digs, which are really hard and get me as anaerobic and work the legs but I never feel soreness of the joints from those. Just a thought if you're getting frustrated with those.

But I thought it was funny you said you did better than you thought with it on a period day. Some days I've felt like I could go for hours, and it's always a period day. Go figure!

Okay...

...I guess I'll chime in on this thread seeing as I just CRAWLED up the steps from my basement after doing IMax! Whew, I made it thru the scissors, FINALLY!! Let me tell you, when she says, 16 more singles, I feel like I am going to collapse. Then there's those PlyoJacks, which I barely made it thru today. Of course, I didn't have springs on my shoes like Cathe, but I made it thru. I think my favorite interval is the lunges off the sides of the board. I counted them today and there are 72 of them. After those, Cathe had the nevrve to have us do repeater knees on both sides BEFORE we did our grapevine recovery. I could barely get my legs to climb up there. Thank goodness she only did two of them. Don't you just LOVE the word GRAPEVINE in this tape? With that all said, this is a GREAT tape for those of you that don't have it yet and very easily modifiable(is that a word??) Okay, I'm going to see if I can stand up now and go shower!!!! :-tired Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

RE: I did it this morning too..

I have been reading this thread the last few days, so today when I did the tape, I really had fun thinking about everyones comments as I was doing the intervals. I really like doing this tape once a week, I think it really helps to speed up my metabolism.

I am with DebbieH, my favorite is the lunge off the sides. I like Cathe's visualization to think about when doing it. The "soccer ball, tennis ball ok maybe a golf ball" comment. I am glad you counted them out Debbie so now we know when "half way" "only eight more" is pretty close. I also like the 10th interval because it is the last and I feel so strong and healthy to make it to the end.

My least favorite is the plyo jacks. I pretty sure their are 4 sets of 8 and it sure feels like a lot more. Oh, I have another one, for some reason the 2nd interval is definitely not a favorite of mine. I am sure glad to get it over with early. I am really winded after that one.

Have a great week !

Lynn W

Yes! I couldn't log in for awhile.

Anyway, today must have been the day for IMAX. Christine (acrochris) you're my hero! I couldn't get through Interval 10, I was toast, burnt toast. I think it may have something to do with that I did Cardio Kicks, Circuit Max, and IMAX all in the same week. I think that time of the month is coming soon, I've got some major fatigue going on too. I doubt if I'll be working out tomorrow, I am really hoping to just avoid being in a full body cast by tomorrow. :-tired

Keta.

RE: Hi Keta!

I posted to you on the firm forum. The fact that you made it to interval 10 is amazing. I am going to call the burst of energy PERIOD POWER! Hey, I have to find something good about it right?
Now, everytime I do IMAX, I am going to expect to complete everytime. We'll see!
Take care!
Christine

Poor Trevor/Not in this Game

was just thinking 'period power" will not help Trevor get through Interval max.....

RE: Poor Trevor/Not in this Game

That is very true! I laughed very hard when I read that. I am afraid I don't know what to recommend. Sometimes I forget that men are on this forum. I am now quite embarresed! Oh wee, it serves me right.
Christine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.