Insanity Rotation Question

laxlover

I wanted to know how many days per week is the insanity rotation and how long are the workouts ( I know beachbody lists the DVD and lenghts, but it doesn't list the order in which they are done). The posts on this sound awesome and I am definitely going to buy this when I get a chance.
I am going to finish my 3 month STS rotation ( I am on the last week of Meso 1right now) and then I want to try Insanity.
Also feel free to comment on the workouts, rotation, etc of Insanity.
Thanks in advance.

IIRC (I am not at home to look),the rotation as written is 5 days of cardio, 1 "recovery work out" day and 1 rest day. The first month's work outs are between 35 and 40 mins each for the most part and the 2nd month's work outs are between 45 and 60 minutes. HTH!

The recovery work out is a combination of stretching (traditional and yoga style) and strength training/scupting work (w/o weights ofcourse). No cardio. They are not easy work outs so don't let the word "recovery" fool you. It's truly just a rest from the cardio. That's it. The Max Recovery work out that you do in month 2 gave me more abdominal DOMS then the regular ab work outs did! :eek: There is also the recovery week work out which is lower intensity cardio with some sculpting in it as well that you are supposed to do for a solid week in between month 1 and month 2 work outs. HTH!

I'm now in the middle of week 2 of Insanity, after doing Cathe for years (including STS). I thought I was in good shape before, but wow, these workouts are killer! And I am loving every minute of it. I think it's a great addition to my collection, very different from Cathe in style, but at least as hard (dare I say harder?). It is 6 days per week, as stated above -- 3 hard days, the recovery day, then 2 more hard days, then a day off. And for the first month, all the workouts are under 40 minutes (although there is an additional abs workout that gets added on, which is another 16 minutes).

I totally recommend it -- it's ridiculously hard, but completely addictive.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.